Status: Short hiatus. Sorry!

Elina

Elina

Elina had once again snuck out of her house. Her parents were angry with her for something... She hadn't listened long enough to find out why though. She didn't want to hear it, and instead of picking a fight she just left.

"I'll pay for that one later though... They hate it when I do that," she said to herself.

"When you do what?"

"HOLY CRAP!" Elina jumped. Without even turning around, she knew it had to be Luka. Glancing out of the corner of her eye, she said, "Do you just enjoy giving people heart attacks?"

Luka chuckled and sat down next to her in the leafy undergrowth of the woods. "Nah, just you. So what did you do?"

"I walked out in the middle of being scolded." She rolled her eyes. "My parents will probably jump me as soon as I get home."

"Ah."

They sat in silence for a minute. Why is he here again? It's not like I was nice to him last night... Elina looked at him curiously. It was still light out, and she had to admit he was pretty good looking. His curly brown hair fell almost to his eyes. They're like puppy dog eyes, she thought, and promptly blushed at the thought. What are you doing, Elina?! Get a grip! You're engaged, remember?

"Um... Luka?" Elina looked at the ground, avoiding his gaze. "Why are you here?"

"I'm avoiding my parents, too. My mother is mad because the girl I'm supposed to be marrying didn't show at the dinner we had tonight. I guess she didn't want to meet me." He shrugged, as if it didn't matter much. "I'd rather be with you anyway," he admitted quietly.

"You're engaged?" She forgot that she was trying not to look at him. In her surprise at this news, she looked up into his eyes, blushed again, and looked back down. Wow, Elina. Seriously, get a grip! He's just some guy!

"Yeah... I guess she's some aristocrat's daughter. Not that I need the money, since my parents can afford to hire new servants every other day, and I couldn't care less as long as she's..."

"As long as she's what?"

"Nothing. Forget I said anything." He looked away.

Elina frowned. She didn't even know this boy, but he was starting to get on her nerves. Feeling spiteful, she said, "I guess I should tell you. I'm engaged too." It was almost worth it. His face went from shock to confusion to disappointment in a matter of seconds.

"O-oh..." he closed his eyes, trying to recover. "What's his name?"

"I don't know," she said shortly, "I was too angry to listen when my parents told me yesterday." She was getting angry just thinking about it. She had always assumed she would be the one to choose whom she would marry. And then yesterday, they had just dumped it on her. "Oh by the way, Elina..." Just casually over dinner, as if it didn't really matter that they were deciding her future.

Suddenly, Elina didn't want to leave. I might not know him very well, but he seems to like me. Wouldn't that be a slap in the face, if I just...

"Hey Luka?" she asked suddenly.

"Hey what?" he asked back. He sounded like he was already half asleep. Perfect.

"Let's stay here tonight. I don't want to go back, and I have a feeling you don't want to face your parents either. So let's stay." She looked at him, waiting for his reaction.

His eyes popped open and he looked at her. "Are you crazy?"

"Maybe. But right now, I'm completely serious." Who cares? He's cute, he obviously has a crush on me, and it's not like I don't like him a little bit.

He looked at her, apparently trying to determine if she had completely lost her marbles. "Ok," he said finally, "but I won't be able to sleep out here."

"That's ok, we can just watch the stars." She grabbed his hand and pulled him over to where she was sitting. "Look straight up there," she said, pointing up through a space in the trees. The hole in the canopy outlined the dazzling stars. They were just far enough from the city lights to see hundreds of stars.

Elina sighed. She knew she'd be in huge trouble for staying out all night, but she had a feeling it would be worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
NOTE: I don't by any means think this is a realistic way to form a romance. Nor do I condone spending the night with someone you've just met. Just saying. ahah

But they ARE cute. Even if Elina is a little spiteful and selfish sometimes.

And yes, this is 3 chapters in one day. Haha, I'm on a roll!
Like sushi.

:B