Legendary Party

Chapter 4: The Rescue Part 1

Danny took a deep breath and pushed the door opened. Inside the house was a short pathway towards the main hall. Danny and Lan walked into the pathway and the door behind them shut. The next thing was a sound of a man coming out of nowhere, someone was talking but the content was blurred and unknown. Slowly, the voice becomes clearly and a black blinking screen appeared in front of them. A man wearing black coat was shown on the screen, he raised his head and he looked like mature but both Danny and Lan felt that he wasn’t part of the families member. The man smiled at them and their conversation began.

Black coated man: “Hello, two little kids. Oops, I should say two little young adults, welcome to my home. I’m Huo’s father and I supposed you were here to look for my daughter. Hm…unfortunately, she wasn’t free right now as she was being locked somewhere in this house but I forgotten where it was. I’m too old to remember anything; I guess you have to look for her yourself. Here’s a hint, be careful of those traps in this house, they weren’t kids game so if you were unlucky and stepped onto them then I could only say Sayonara!”

Just as the man going to continue his conversation, Lan interrupted.

Lan: “You are not Huo’s father, just who are you!?”

Black coated man: “Ow…I’m defeated by a mere kid! Oops, I’ve forgotten again, its young adult, I’m so sorry for my bad memory. Yes, you got it correct, I’m not Huo’s father and I don’t belong to here. What about this, you guess who I am and I give you one more hint.”

Lan: “Stop wasting my time, I’m not interested to who you are, Danny, let’s go find Huo and leave this place at once…”

“King Crue”, said the black coated man, “the king of the demon world, the most handsome guy ever appeared. Upon hearing my name, are you interested now? Kid.”.

“King Crue..?” replied Lan

“King of the demon world…? What the hell are you doing here?! You don’t belong to here and why are you in this house, don’t tell me, Huo is in your hands..? Give her back to me now!” shouted Lan

Black coated man: “Ah…finally, you gave me some surprising look, this game is getting better. This feeling is so good, the excitement, ah…it’s just so fun. I think I should keep my promise to give you another hint. 1 hour. You are given 1 hour to look for the poor girl. If you found her within the time frame, I tell you what you need to know. If you fail, both of you will go back with me including the one beside you. Well, are you accepting this game?”
Lan peeked at Danny and replied the man: “Yes, I accept this but this isn’t a game but my responsibility.”

Black coated man: “Hm…what a stubborn guy…anyway, you don’t have a choice since you stepped into this house. I shall wait for your success, Lan the dragon…”

Lan was shocked when the man called him a dragon instead of kid, just when he going to clear his doubts, the screen disappear and the lights began to turn on. The clock that hanged on the wall originally became a timer and started to count down.

Lan: “Time had started, we got no time to lose, let’s go!”

As soon as Lan finished his words, he and Danny started their search. Along the search, Lan kept thinking about the man, about what he mean on demon, king and even dragon that he mentioned. Everything became so confusing and right now, the only thing Lan knew is to save her beloved out of anything else.