Status: me and cait are writing, she writes faster xD Active :)

The City Sleeps

Chapter 9 - Isobel

I look around, while invisible. Caitlin is sitting up, with a thoughtful and devious look on her face. To her left is Matt, who’s still unconscious, and then to my right is John, who’s slumped against the wall, with blood dribbling down into his blond hair. I gasp and the cloth comes into my mouth, bitter and dry, making me gag. I shrug, like a caterpillar towards him.
I try the thought page again, and it isn’t working. I groan and struggle against the bonds. The rope is tight, and itches against my skin. First I work on my hands, twisting them until the rope leaves raw cuts in my wrists. I try looking on the floor, only being able to see because of a small window at the top of the wall, shining pale moonlight into the dark cellar.
On the floor I see my flat key. I grab it, and begin to saw at the rope on my wrists. First it begins to tear, the rope splitting and shooting off. I pull my hands apart and the rope snaps free, leaving me to fall backwards.

I rip of the gag at my mouth, licking my dry tongue over my dry lips.I cut lose the bonds at my feet and realize I’m still invisible. Trying to get back into form, I realize I can’t and start to panic. Walking my way over Caitlin, I see she’s still thinking. Poking her in the arm, she looks in my direction and realized I’m still invisible.
“Caitlin... what’s happening?” I ask.

“Well, there’s someone who’s powerful, who’s taking our powers, to use them. And I think I might know who it is” She says, grinning mischievously.
“ Tell me then!?” I say, exasperated.

“Can’t say, he can hear us” She says, looking around, paranoid.
I laugh, and she looks at me with questioning blue eyes.
“Well, you sound like you’re from some kind of crap sci fi movie.” I say, giggles escaping from my throat.

She smiles goofily and I slide gracefully on the dirty floor up to her. Cutting her free, Matt wakes up from unconsciousness. He looks around and then laughs. I look at him, like he’s insane, which he probably is.

“what’s so funny Matt the ice man?” I ask, smirking at his chosen nick name.
He looks around, confused. “Who’s joke is this now?” He asks, turning.
“Nobody’s joke Matty” Caitlin says sympathetically, even though we’re all in the same boat. She’s always been like that; comforting.

His face droops and he twists his wrists, trying to free himself. I cut it for him and he looks around confused again. Ah, invisible. I try thinking of the opposite of embarrassed- confident and happy. Thinking of the time when I told the head of Starbucks I quit. It feels so far away, but it was only two days ago. Wait... was it two days ago? It’s felt like ages.
It doesn’t work, I just tap Caitlin on the back and she says to Matt “Isobel’s invisible, can’t explain.” And he nods and slumps back against the pipe. Unconscious. I’ll just have to rely on Caitlin.
♠ ♠ ♠
onto Caitlin :)