Sweep Me Off My Feet Again (Jack Barakat)

1

I smiled to myself as I slipped on a pair of flats and an old grey hoodie from the floor of my bedroom. I readjusted my headband so my long brown hair fell evenly down my back. After applying some mascara and checking over my appearance in the mirror, I was ready to go.
I skipped down the stairs and glided through the kitchen, passing by my mom and dad at the kitchen table just as the doorbell rang.
"You look nice, sweetie." my mother smiled as she looked up from her gardening magazine.
"Thanks, mom." I smiled. I quickly opened the door to see my boyfriend smiling down at me.
“Jack, my boy!” my mother greeted happily as she put down her magazine and stood up from the table.

“Mrs. Atay, my girl!” he called back, hugging my mother and kissing her cheek. “How was your day?”

“Oh just the usual at the flower shop, and then this girl showing me ten different outfits in the last hour trying to look beautiful for you." 
"Mom," I whined, my face getting red.
“Megan always looks beautiful,” he said, winking at me as my Dad groaned in disapproval.  He never liked the idea of Jack. My mother seemed oblivious to my dad's disdain as she laughed and jokingly clicked her tongue. 

“Quite the charmer, eh Mr. Barakat?"

“What can I say?” He shrugged and grinned his goofy grin.

“Megan, come greet this boy properly before I claim him as my own!”

“Hi, Jack,” I said, smiling at him.

“Meg," he grinned cheekily.

“A picture of the cute couple!” my mother demanded.

“Awe, Mom." I whined.

“Come on, Megan, it’ll be fun,” Jack whispered, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me into his side. I smiled as he kissed my cheek, and Mom snapped another picture.

“Now go out and have fun!”

“Not so fast, you two." my dad said, no trace of a smile on his face as he held my mother tightly. “Jack, what will you two be doing tonight?"

"Just going to my house." he answered sincerely.

"Will your parents be home?" 

"I believe so, sir. If not my older sister will be home."

He nodded to himself, taking his seat back at the kitchen table and turning back to his newspaper.
“That being said, I expect you to keep her safe."

“Always,” he promised.

“Have fun,” my mom smiled.

“Home by one,” my dad added sharply. My mother shook her head, mouthing “Two.” I giggled, and Jack took my hand, leading me to his car.

“You look cute, Megan."

“Thanks, Jackie."

“But I'm pretty sure that's MY sweatshirt, Madame." he scoffed, closing my door and getting in on his side.

“What can I say? You have good taste in hoodies.”

“I know,” he shrugged. I leaned over, kissing his lips slightly. “I love you, Meg."

“I love you, too, Jack."

“Let’s get this party on the road!” He started the car, driving down the dark streets toward the Barakat residence.

“I’d say your dad is warming up to me," Jack mused as we drove down the dark streets.

“I hate knowing that he doesn't like you." I mumbled softly.

"Don't worry about it, Megan; it's a father's job to hate his daughter's boyfriend."

"it still bothers me," I sighed.

“well, let's change the subject. Do you want to watch a movie when we get to my house?”

“You don’t have to ask me twice,” I grinned. The light changed, and we pulled up to the dark house, and Jack cocked his head to the side.

“What’s wrong?” I laughed.

“I guess May and Joe aren’t home, either,” he said.

“What about your parents?”

“My dad had some doctor thing to go to, and my mom went with him.”

“I guess we have your house all to ourselves.”

“Yes! We can use the surround sound!” I laughed as he got out of his car, and I joined him in the front. He clasped my hand tightly in his, and I shivered in the cold night air.
"Cold?"

“Yes, sir."

“So polite,” he teased, kissing my lips quickly as he unlocked the front door. He took me up to his room and I sat next to Jack on his bed.

“What movie are we watching?” I asked, resting my head on his shoulder.

"The Lion King." he answered, kissing my forehead.

“Can I be Nahla?"

“I wouldn’t have it any other way, Meg."

I scooted back on his bed, fluffing the pillows just right so I could see the TV. Jack laid next to me, his arm going behind my neck. I snuggled closer to his side, taking in his familiar smell.

“You always smell so good,” I murmured.

“My mommy made me shower before I picked you up,” he teased, kissing my forehead. “And she just washed my clothes, so that could also be adding to it.”

“You’re such a goofball,” I laughed, running my hand up and down his stomach over the fabric of his thin blue t-shirt.
“Yes, but I’m your goofball, Megan."

“Always and forever.”

“You mean that?”

“Mean what?” I looked up at him, my gray eyes meeting his dark brown ones.

“Do you mean that I’m yours always and forever?”

“Only if you want to be mine,” I responded. He smiled, moving a piece of my hair back in place behind my headband.

“I always will.”

I leaned down, pressing my lips to his. Jack kissed me back softly, his hand wandering up the back of my shirt. Before I knew it I was straddling Jack, eagerly tugging off his t-shirt to reveal his slightly toned chest. He quickly flipped us over, gently removing my shirt and pants, so I was only in my underwear. Our faces were inches apart as he looked at me. 
"are you sure?" he panted.
I nodded, pulling down his boxers. 
"I love you, Jack Barakat."
He paused, pressing his forehead to
mine.
"I love you, too, Megan Atay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, first Chapter :) Comments would be just ducky, I don't bite I promise!
-Zoe