Sequel: Through The Rain
Status: finito <3 Now go subscribe to the sequel :3

I Must Be Dreaming

I Hope It's Worth It Out on the Highway, I Hope You'll Find Your Own Way When I'm Not With You

It was finally Matt and I's wedding day. I had woken up around seven to the irritating bleating of the swanky hotel's alarm clock. We where in a nice hotel just outside of Huntington. My bridesmaid Dezarae woke up grumbling beside me. Her short pixie like haircut was in disarray as she looked at me wide eyed and screeched, "HOLY FUCK BALLS YOUR GETTING MARRIED SLUT!" Before proceeding to leap across the space between our beds and suffocate me in a hug. I hugged her back tiredly and chuckled.

"Coffee before screaming eh?" I asked.

"Oh! Right okay." She quieted down and went to the small coffee maker in the kitchenette. I laid back against the headboard and closed my eyes with a smile on my face, I was getting married to the man of my dreams in just a few short hours. "Get in the shower missy the makeup artist, nail stylist, and hair stylist are on their way."

I took a quick shower and hopped out, wrapping the hotel's courtesy bathrobe around myself. When I exited the steaming bathroom a man with a pink scarf snapped his fingers, "In the chair love!" He said with a flourish. I sat and for the next four hours was poked prodded and painted. It was finally time to put on the dress. It was once my grandmother's and has been in my closet ever since she died. I didn't even have to get it tailored, it slid on my form perfectly. I was finally done and ready. "You look beautiful." Jimmy whispered in her ear as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"Hey Jimmy? I have a favor to ask..."

one hour later

I stood behind the greenery, waiting for my cue to go down the isle. We had decided to get married on the beach with just a few select people at the ceremony and a larger reception. The majority of the people where Matt's family and the few friends I had. The wedding march started and I took a deep breath before stepping onto the makeshift walkway in the sand with my arm in Jimmy's. In many ways he was like a father figure to me. He was my guardian angel. His bright white wings stood out brightly next to his black tux. We walked slowly down the isle, my eyes never leaving Matt's. I heard a few people's quiet sobs at seeing Jimmy again.

The minister that was marrying us stood in awe of Jimmy before snapping out of it, clearing his throat and saying, "Who gives this woman to this man?"

"I do." Jimmy answered, placing my small hand in Matt's. He kissed my forehead before fading out. I knew he was still there watching.

The minister cleared his throat once more and began, "Matthew Charles Sanders and Nicolette Bouregard, our God of love has established marriage as the symbol of Christ's perfect relationship to His Body, the Church. We have come to bring you as one before Him. Matthew God has ordained the man as the spiritual head, as the responsible provider, and as the initiator of love in this human relationship. By His enablement, your strength must be Nicolette's protection, your character her boast and pride, and you must so live that she will find in you the haven for which the heart of a woman truly longs." Matt squeezed my hands as tears of joy glistened in his pretty eyes.

"Nicolette, it is God's purpose that you be a loving wife, that you respond to Matthew's love in tenderness with a deep sense of understanding, through a great faith in Christ who brought you together. It is His desire that you have that inner beauty of soul that never fades; that eternal youth that is found in holding fast the things that never age.

"Matthew and Nicolette ,Christian marriage is not living merely for each other; it is two uniting and joining hands to serve God. Seek His kingdom first, and His righteousness, and He will add all other things to you. Do not expect perfection from each other, perfection belongs solely to God. You need not minimize each other's weaknesses, but always be swift to praise and magnify each other's points of comeliness and strength and see each other through kind and patient eyes.

God will lead you into such situations as will bless you and develop your characters as you walk together. He will give you enough tears to keep you tender, enough hurts to keep you compassionate, enough of failure to keep your hands clenched tightly in His, and enough success to make you sure you walk with Him. May you never take each other's love for granted, but always experience that wonder that exclaims "Out of all this world you have chosen me." When life is done, may you be found then as now, hand in hand, still thanking God for each other. May you ever serve Him happily, faithfully, together until you return to glory or until at last one shall lay the other into His arms. And all this through Jesus Christ our Lord. You may now say your vows." He nodded at Matt who took a deep breath.

"I, Matthew Charles Sanders, take you, Nicolette Bouregard, to be my lawfully wedded wife, knowing in my heart that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. On this special and holy day, I give to you in the presence of God and these witnesses my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful husband in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, honor and respect you, provide for your needs as best I can, protect you from harm, comfort you in times of distress, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live." He smiled at me as he slid the cool metal on my finger. The minister nodded at me to begin.

"I, Nicolette Bouregard, take you, Matthew Charles Sanders, to be my lawfully wedded husband, secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. On this special and holy day, I give to you in the presence of God and these witnesses my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful wife in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live." I slid the ring around his finger and smiled through my tears.

"You may now kiss the bride." The minister said smiling softy. Matt cradled my face in his large hands, wiping the stray tears off with his thumbs and gave me the sweetest, gentlest, most passionate kiss I've experienced to this day. As we pulled away the minister stated, "Ladies and Gentleman I now present to you mister and misses Matthew Charles Sanders!" We ran down the isle, my bouquet of roses in the hands of Dez, as people threw rose petals at us.

As we rounded the greenery we stopped to take a breather and Matt turned to me, "So how good does it feel to be Mrs. Sanders?"

"Indescribable." I said through a grin. He picked me up and spun me around, kissing me on the lips.

"I love you so much." He said after setting me down, putting his forehead to mine.

"I love you too." I replied.

"Come on Mrs. Sanders lets go take the pictures so we can get to the reception and I can make every man jealous cause I have you." He said with a smirk, leading me by the hand.

I laughed and replied, "Alright." As we walked along I started thinking about how far my life had come in such a short time. I had an amazing husband, a band, good friends, a new family, and last but not least I had true happiness. I owed it all to a certain guardian angel...
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit--Fiction--a7x

So I only have an epilogue left guys.