Status: Again, I wrote this two years ago. Please don't judge me. But, instead, you can give me delicious baked goods. Deal? Or just rate/comment. Whichever.

Beauty in the Breakdown

Once

When Jack saw Hannah's eyes still red from crying and her frail body lost in a sea of blankets, he was more than bothered.

His mind took him back to the first time he had seen her like that, months ago. He shuddered and put his arms around her. It was so natural for him to hold her; she fit so perfectly with him. When she remained unresponsive in his arms by not slapping him or telling him to go to hell, the sinking feeling in his stomach intensified.

Kissing her forehead and stroking her hair, he asked softly, "What happened Hannah?"

Wordlessly she handed him the phone and he listened to the voicemail Craig had left.

"Hey, baby, its Craig. We need to talk."

His arms tightened possessively around her. "Baby?" he asked in a dangerous tone.

Jealousy overcame him, and he struggled to overcome his anger, only succeeding because of the tears slipping down Hannah's face.

"Jack, I think I'm ready to tell you about what happened to me," Hannah whispered after the silence became too much for her.

The surge of elation Jack felt quickly melted away into anxiousness and fear. He rubbed the small of her back and kissed her forehead again.

She cleared her throat and, looking everywhere but his face, began her long, heartbreaking story.
♠ ♠ ♠
These chapters keep getting shorter and shorter. My two-years-younger self was a lazy ass. Fortunately, older, more mature (?) Sarah is here to finish the story/make it a respectable length.