Status: Updated slowly

Speechless

Chapter Two

"Fight with your brother?" Alphonse's best friend asked him, noticing the dark mood he was in. What with him glaring at his own hands, and punching the locker, and then glaring at his hands again, and then-He looked very angry.

Alphonse said nothing but nodded, then got out a paper out of his pocket. His friend leaned closer to see what it said; you could say he was curious. The note read, "Music Club, room #328." He eyed him, closely.

"Music club?" he said.

"Music club," Alphonse repeated.

The bell rang, and they walked off to their first class, which they had together. The class room was already filled with students in their blue, black and red uniforms. The teacher was quite late, too. They walked inside their class room, his friend walking in a different direction, even though they sat right next to each other. Alphonse watched wearily as he kissed his girlfriend on her cheek, and walked back to meet him. They looked at each other, and then both shrugged; for different reasons. The rest of the class was a bunch of words mixed together, all randomly fit into a word that Alphonse couldn't get rid of: Music. Music, music, music, music...

As the bell rang, he muttered, rather loudly, to himself, "Music!"

He walked pass the hurrying students at the door, and walked quickly towards the lockers. He cursed under his breath, and muttered on, and on about how useless he was. He felt so confused, and guilty for some reason. Maybe because he was going for something that his brother loved with all his might. He was trying to take it away from him; his fame. Didn't he love that even more than his own brother? Alphonse nodded to himself, closing his locker door. Very much, so.

Then, just as he was about to leave for his next class, he accidently bumped into another person, making whoever he bumped into drop his, or her, books. He studied the books, feeling a small stab at his head as he read that all of them were about...music. Alphonse picked up the books, clumsily, and raised up his head. He straightened up to look into the eyes of a...girl. He stared. The girl had a slim figure, which fit normally into her uniform. Her pale skin made her vivid blue eyes stand out against her soft looking skin. She had long black hair that stopped under her waist. It was hard not to look at her.

She stared back, wondering if he was going to give back her books. She couldn't move, she couldn't do anything to tell him that she had to get class soon. After all, no word would ever leave her lips. Not now that this incredibly looking boy was standing before her, and not ever. She had to leave, but his intesified stare wouldn't let her move. His beautiful green eyes...they wouldn't let her go. Her mouth opened, but then closed.

"I, uh, I-I-...here." He shoved the books in her hand, unnecessarily. She didn't do anything to deserve such treatment, but he was taken so aback, that it was all he could get out. "Sorry, I wasn't looking."

She hugged the books against her chest, and took a step to leave but again his eyes wouldn't let her move.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" he asked her, slightly confused and also annoyed.

The girl bit her lip, and looked around. He almost believed she was embarrassed to be seen with him. The way she looked around, and then back to him, and...she wouldn't say a word. He didn't quite understand what was wrong with her.

He laughed, softly. "What? Cat got your tongue?" he said, oblivious to the fact that the girl in front of him was none other than...a mute. "Listen, I really don't have time for you, are you going to say anything, or not?!"

She winced at the harshness of his words. Alphonse winced too; he didn't mean to sound mean. It just came out that way. Just as he was about to say something-anything to apologize, she walked pass him and hurried down the hall, leaving Alphonse and the little voice in his head that said, "Why did you let her go?!" all alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't sure what to write.
I hope it's okay. Maybe I'll post another one, since..now they meet. :)