Status: Updated slowly

Speechless

Chapter Four

"Hey, Raven," the boy began, "Tell these chumps how you so dominated that piece you played the other day!"

Alphonse couldn't help but stare at her. Last time he'd seen her, she was this quiet girl standing in front of him, holding her music books against her chest, as if Alphonse could...hurt her. She looked all the same, except there was this glow about her. She seemed at home. There was also one thing: Her name was Raven.

Raven walked freely towards the loud boy, and waved her hand at the others. She seemed polite enough. There was also a sort of affection to the way she looked at her friends. Friendship.
The boy spoke again, only in a bit of a rush this time. "Do you want to play it, now?" he asked her.

The girl looked at all their waiting faces, and nodded. She got out a small notebook from her skirt pocket, and with a pen she took from one of the boys, she started writing down words. They all waited for her final answer, as Alphonse continued to stare, confused. She finished and showed the note to him. A satisfied smile spread across his face.

"Alright, boys! She's playing!" he announced. He snapped his fingers, and just like that there was another boy handing a beautiful, polished, black violin to her. "Ya' ready?"

As she nodded, and gracefully prepared herself to play her violin, Alphonse thought quietly to himself. She's still so quiet. Actually, she doesn't really seem shy. Just...unable. Like she has this disability that disables her to talk. Ignorant to the truth in his words, he took a few steps closer and watched. Raven...

Raven began to play a low sound, smiling at the way the others looked at her in anticipation. They really wanted to hear her play. She continued to play, moving her bow across the violin's strings ever so slightly, and then picking up in force. Her eyes closed as the song took on a more soft tone, and slowed down its pace. It made everyone stay quiet, watching, smiling. Loving her performance.

Raven... Alphonse thought. How funny. It seems I've finally found my instrument. He smiled to himself, receiving knowing looks from May, as if to say, "I know. It's beautiful, right?"

Suddenly, the music stopped and the room fell silent. Alphonse hadn't realize the song has ended already. He wasn't really paying attention to the music, rather the player herself. She did a quick curtsy and returned her violin to the boy. The room abruptly filled with applause and cheering. Especially from the boy who asked her to play; cheering and bragging about how he was right all along.

"You were great!" Alphonse heard May say to Raven. "I wish I could play like you. But I've got my guitar." She smiled, and made a gesture that looked like she was playing an invisible guitar.

Raven smiled back, and wrote more words on her notebook. May peeked and laughed.
"Right, right," she agreed. "Oh, let me introduce you to someone."

Alphonse froze. His body stiffened, and his eyes seemed to be locked on them. They began to walk closer to him; his head was slowly processing what was happening. As they approached him and May said, "This is Alphonse, he's new to Music Club. Alphonse, this is Raven. Our violin prodigy," he stood silent. Just like back at the hallway by the lockers.

Both stood quietly. Both stared. It was as if their communication was between the silence, through their breathing; in sync. Like there was nothing to say. But he had to, it looked rude.

"Hey, nice to see you again," he managed, offering his hand.

She nodded and shook his hand, rather nervously. Once again, the girl with deep, blue eyes took out her notebook and began writing.

Alphonse leaned closer to May and whispered, "Why is she always writing on that?"

May gave him a bewildered look and glanced at her before replying, "You serious? You don't know?" He shook his head, also glancing at her. "Oh, Alphonse! She can't speak; she was born that way."

He stiffened once more and continued staring at her. Raven politely held out her notebook so he could read. Not wanting to be rude, he took it in his hands and read.

The note read, "It's nice to see you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I was frankly bored, and before leaving, since my mother was ordering me to like always, I decided to post another one. I know I said slow updating...but what's one chapter before going to sleep?

Comment? Subscribe?

Also, thanks for commenting! And subscribing! I appreciate your support.