Status: one-shot; completed

Crippled Blossom

1/1

“What could you possible give to me?” she whispered, her voice cracking in half, giving her marred beauty another flaw. She was broken, defeated and dead. There was no hope for her, there was no salvation. She was once a naïve girl that wanted to prove just how strong she was, but now, she was a woman in adulthood trying to hide from that same world. It was a maelstrom of misery and pain, bringing nothing but emptiness to her life. She had stained her soul with blood, drowning her senses in guilt and spite. She was a girl in the past, but now she was a woman; a woman with too many mistakes. Regret was not enough, and she constantly punished herself for all the faults she once committed. There was no going back.

It all started with flagrant rivalry, and now, it ended with a catastrophe. She resented her past-self, her innocent self. If she had the courage to bring herself sweet salvation, she would’ve done so already. But she was not able to end her life with her own hands, knowing all too well that she did not deserve death’s sweet kiss. She deserved an eternity of suffering and agony. She deserved an eternity of torment and despair. She didn’t deserve death; it was too easy to die. It was gratifying.

Her question had already drifted away into the starry sky, leaving the clearing as silent as silence itself. There was no reply, for there was no possible answer. She was right, what could anyone possible give to her in order to express gratitude? Saving lives was once her profession, but now, it was a haunting memory. She had saved the man’s life in a last attempt to reconcile with her inner demons, but ended up feeling void and empty as always. What could this man possibly give to her, when she wanted nothing than solitude?

“Peace.”

No more words were exchanged, understanding radiating out of their determined gazes. She was conflicting with her inner self, trying to determine if this was the right path. She knew who he was, she knew what he thrived for -and somewhere in the pits of her dismantled heart- she craved for the same. Once she agreed, there was no turning back, no matter how much damage it may cause her shattered being.

All ethics were either ignored or forgotten, for the pink haired woman nodded with little enthusiasm. She didn’t know how to smile anymore, but at that moment, she felt like doing so. For her, it was still a mystery if she was doing the right motion, but her riddled mind was not able to decrypt anything. He was offering the one thing she desired the most, and she had absolutely nothing to lose.

Maybe, she did the right decision. But she did not care, as she was one step closer in ending the most ruined chapter of her life. Yet, at that moment, she started the most devastating one.