Status: Active; Like the new layout?; Comments, please?; This story is near the end ...

The Black Limousine

Chapter 16

“Don’t ever loose focus, Kristina. No matter how many there are, don’t let them distract you. And I’ll be right here incase you need any help,” Drake says, smiling encouragingly.

You’re probably wondering why I’m about to walk in an alley filled with new born vampires, right? Simple! Drake’s idea of “safe training” is telling me everything, then expecting me to remember it all and kill an alley filled with new born vampires. My uncle is a genius, isn’t he? And I call him uncle ‘cause he’s so far from a dad.

“Good luck, Kristina!”

And I was off, about to risk my life in a way I could never do with Keith or Luke around. Luke thinks we went to the fighting rings. Idiot.

“Oh ho, what do we have here?”, one of them whispers in my ear, his red eyes vivid. “Smells good.”

“Yeah?”, I ask, hoping I could act. “Why don’t you take a bite?”

Drake told me how it was basically impossible to kill me. Which gave me the extra boost. I could feel the vampires fangs extend against my neck, as his hands wrapped around my waist.

“You might feel a slight pain,” he warns. “And before we start, may I ask what your name is?”

“Robin,” I lie, smirking.

“Well, Robin, I hope I don’t kill you.”, and he bit me. I felt the pain, but refrained from screaming. All that would do is worry Drake, and I’ve got everything under control. I touch his hand, which was wrapped around my waist, feeling the heat radiating from my palm. He screams, letting me go. I pull out my gun, shooting him with fiery wooden bullets. He screams, eventually falling down in flames. I could feel the two holes in my neck healing, as I heard the vampires running straight toward me. I throw up a wall of fire, smirking as I hear their screams. I snap my fingers, and the flames die. I smile, not a single new born in sight.

“Good job, Kristina!! You just wiped out around fifty of those new borns!!”

“Can we not tell anyone about this, Drake?”, I ask, looking behind myself at him.

“Sure,” he says, shrugging. “Lets get you home so we can clean out that bite, though.”

I nod, following behind him as we walk back home.

• • •

Keith got home early. Like right when we did. And let me tell you, he wasn’t very happy to see his girlfriend coming home with fire-proof gloves, that had ashes in them, burn marks on her hands, and two faint holes in her neck. I swear that the entire frickin’ house was about to set on fire.

“What the hell happened to you, Kristina?!!!”, Keith growls, as I take off the gloves, revealing the burn marks on my hands.

“Umm,” I say, already being dragged into the nearest bathroom, where I was instructed to sit while Drake cleaned out my bite.

“I took Kristina out to teach her how to fight.”, Drake says absentmindedly, studying my wound. “Tilt your head to the side a little,” I did as he instructed, avoiding Keith’s fiery gaze. “We’re gonna have to re-pierce the skin, Kristina.”

He sticks two metal needles into the holes, making me wince. 

“Then explain her neck,” Keith growls.

“I never told you what I was teaching Kristina to fight.”, Drake says, rolling his eyes as he rubs something on my neck.

“What’d you do?!!! Take her out to one of those alleys with over fifty new born vampires?!!!”

“You’re not as dumb as I thought.”

“And then they all passed her around?!!!”, Keith growls.

“No!!”, I say quickly. “Just one,” I mutter under my breath.

“One, all!!! There’s really no difference, Kristina!!! I cannot believe you let him talk you into that!!!”, Keith growls.

“Drake didn’t talk me into anything, Keith!!! I wanted to show you I can take care of myself. And sure, I’m a little scratched up, but I just killed over fifty new born vampires!!!”, I say in a rush, hearing Drake chuckle.

“Actually it was forty five, Kristina.”

“Oh, well, I still could’ve taken on fifty.”

“Which she did. Five of them ran,” Drake says, packing everything up. “You’re as clean as I can get you. You may be a little dizzy, possibly puke, and your stomach may bulge —”

“Get out before I freeze you right there for eternity, Drake,” I threaten gravely, watching as he quickly scurries away.

“And then after about three months, your stomach might be torn open!”, he yells, as I go chasing after him. I tackle him to the ground, sitting on his stomach.

“You are aware that, umm,” I start innocently. “I’m a frickin’ virgin!!!!”, I growl, glowering down at him.

“Just letting you know what’ll happen if you did —”

“Okay!!! Shut up!!! Shut up!!! I’m fourteen!!! I don’t need to hear it!!!”, I yell, covering my ears.

“IF YOU HAD SEX WITH KEITH!!!!!!!”, Drake yells in my ears, uncovering them.

“Aww!!! Damn you!!!”, I yell, glaring at him, as we start wrestling, and as Drake continues saying the “s” word. “Shut up!!!!! Damn you!!!!!”, I growl, sitting on his stomach.

“Wow!!! What’d I miss?!”, Luke yells, walking down the stairs and into the living room.

“Only about everything. And I told you to watch, Kristina!!”, Keith says, yanking me from atop of Drake.

“SEX SEX SEX!!!!”

“Drake!!!! Shut the hell up!!!”, I growl, struggling against Keith’s hold.

“Look at her frickin’ hands!!!”, Keith yells, grabbing my hand and showing my palm to Luke.

“What happened?!!”, Luke asks, shocked.

“Oh, umm, funny story actually. Now let me go and I’ll tell it!!”, and Keith lets me go. I tackle Drake, and we start wrestling.

“SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX!!!!!!”

“What are you?!!! Five?!!!!”, I growl, feeling fire forming in my hands.

“OUCH!!!!!”, Drake yells, jumping across the room.

“Okay, well, Drake took me to an alley with about fifty new born vampires, and I killed only forty five because the other five escaped.”, I say in a rush, right before Drake tackles me.

“And what about the fresh holes?!!!”, Keith and Luke growl together.

“Hold on a sex — DAMN YOU, DRAKE!!!!!!”, I growl, trying to choke him.

“Alright!!! Break it up!!!!”, Anna yells, glowering at us.

“Hmm, Drake, what is your answer to that?”, I ask, sitting next to him.

“Naaaaaaaah,” Drake says, smirking.

“Couldn’t have said it better myself.”, I say, smirking. “Here, I shouldn’t need it for the rest of the night.”

“Oh, you’d be surprised, Kristina. Keep it under your bed. Although, you’re probably right. If you did so well today.”, Drake says, smirking. “And remember —”

“Fire, Drake! Oh, and look, there’s Bridget!!”, I yell, pointing out the the door, while I kicked Drake, making a hole form in the wall. I snap my fingers, and the hole disappears. I smirk, walking up the stairs.

“You’re a real witch now,” Keith breathes, sitting down next to me on the bed, as I try getting the amethyst necklace to burst into flames.

“Huh? What?”, I ask, coming back to reality.

“What were you doing?”, Keith asks, wrapping an arm around my waist.

“Trying to set the room on fire,” I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes, as I pick up the whithered book that Drake had given me earlier. “La ma chi, burst to flames,” I say, feeling the amethyst burst to flames. “It works!!”, I say, smiling as I hold the necklace in my hands.

“Yeah, it does,” Keith says, grabbing the necklace out of my hands. It freezes in his hands, and he quickly drops it. I pick up my necklace, throwing it under the bed. Which is usually where I keep all my crap.

“How’d you do that?!!”, Keith asks, startled.

“I dunno. I just stare at something, nowadays.”, I say, shrugging as I hang upside down on the bed, my legs pressed against the wall. I start giggling like an idiot, as the blood rushes to my head. “This feels funny,” I giggle stupidly.

“I just heard the awesome news from Drake!! Kristina!! Congrats!!!”, Trevor says, smirking at me as he walks in. “Now you don’t have to worry about anyone raping you.”

“Yeah, thanks for reminding me of my perverted boyfriend, Trevor. And of all his perverted nephews. And one of them is standing right in this room, when I have a silver-bullet gun.”, I say, rolling my eyes.

“I’ma go now —”

“I was frickin’ kidding, Trevor! Gosh!”, I say, giggling as I rolled my eyes. “If I was seriously gonna shoot you, you’d be dead by now.”

“Yeah, thanks for reminding me of my future aunt who can kill me!!”

“Anytime, Trevor. Anytime,” I say, smirking. “And who says I’m gonna be your future aunt? I can get up and leave right now if I wanted. I’m a 21st-century American girl. I can find a younger guy any second.”

“Ahem,” Keith coughs loudly.

“Oh, you got me now! So just enjoy it!”, I say, sitting up. I giggle uncontrollably again, feeling all the blood rush down.

“Wooooooooow,” Matt says, staring at me oddly. “Hey, is that a hickey?”

“Nice try! I’m not an idiot. And I know you’re lying.”, I say, smirking.

“No fire!!!”, Keith says quickly, glaring at me.

“Relax! Gosh, Keith! You act like as if I’m five.”

“Compared to him you are,” Matt grumbles. I throw a pillow at him, glaring.

“I, personally, like Trevor best.”

“Hey!!”

“Don’t you ‘hey’ me! You still look like you’re ten. And for the record, I can live forever just like you!”, I say, pulling out my gun, I hold it to my chest, feeling myself pull the trigger. I drop the gun, grunting slightly.

“Kristina?!!!”, Keith yells, shaking me. I feel the hole in my chest heal, as I cough up the wooden bullet.

“Perfectly fine,” I say, smirking.

“Frickin’ weird,” Matt says, staring at me oddly.

“Know it, live it, love it,” I say, shrugging. “I passed weird when I was in first grade, and became friends with a fairy.”

“Beth?”, Luke says, rolling his eyes. “For a fairy, she wasn’t very perky.”

“She because she’s the devil’s sister,” I grumble, squeezing my eyes shut as memories were flooding my mind. Keith grabs my hand, and I nearly jumped through the roof. “Umm, I’ll be right outside that window there … studying.”, I say, gathering book after book, along with my laptop, soon climbing out the window easily, sitting atop the roof.

I stare at the text book, quickly beginning on my homework.

• • •

I don’t know how long I stayed out there, but I had eventually taken everything back into our bedroom, but I stayed out on the roof.

The sparkling white stars in the midnight black sky was comforting. Feeling the chill October-night air, sending goosebumps all along my arms, making me shiver. The pale silvery moon, out shining the stars with its own borrowed light. It all made me feel like I was back home in California.

I heard the sounds of the window opening, making me jump, startled, and soon falling. I refrain from screaming, preparing myself for impact. Oh, who am I kidding?! I frickin’ screamed and panicked like the true dork I am!

“Wow, Kristina! Calm down!”, Luke says breathlessly.

I open my eyes, not even realizing that I had closed them, feeling them go wide from shock, trembling slightly. “Never thought I’d see you like this,” Luke says, frowning sadly. “You’re okay, Kristina. Calm down. Everything’s alright.”

I stare up at him, realizing his eyes were a dark brown. I gain control over myself, feeling awkward.

“Umm, thank you,” I say quietly, hoping out of his arms.

“Umm, yeah. No problem. Keith would’ve killed me if I just watched his girlfriend fall off the roof.”, Luke says uncomfortably.

“Well, umm, thank you … again,” I say awkwardly, letting out a nervous laugh.

“Well, we should, umm, be getting inside. We, umm, don’t want you getting sick, umm?”, Luke says uncomfortably, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“Umm, yeah. I guess I, umm, should.”, I say, quickly ducking as I stumbled back into the house, up the stairs, and into our bedroom. My eyelids felt like bricks, so I just quickly crawled under the covers, not bothering to change into my PJs.

~ ~ ~

“Kristina?!!!”, someone yells, angry and frantic. I ignore them, coming to fight off the demon. “Kristina!!! Watch out!!!”, he yells, picking me up and carrying me away from the fight. I look up, meeting dark brown eyes.

“Luke!!! Let me go!! I’m handling it!!!”, I yell, flipping right out of his grasp. I run straight at the monster, just as it transformed into Keith …


~ ~ ~

I woke up, gasping for breath, jerking upright, looking around with wide-frightened eyes. I eventually calmed down, bringing my knees up to my chest, leaning against the wall, running through the previous dream. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get to sleep, not after that dream. I grab my guitar, opening the window, and climbing out. I know that kind of seems stupid, after I’ve fallen off the roof twice, but I personally didn’t care. I just needed to calm down and do some familiar stuff.

I strum the cords randomly, until I find something I like.

“I think I’m in love
But I’m not so sure anymore
There’s this one guy
And the way his eyes shine …

“I’ve fallen in love
Swore it wouldn’t happen to me
But I guess that it feels right
This boy could be mine
But I’m not so sure anymore …

“He’s kissed me a thousand times
Kept loyal this entire time
His friends ask what I did
To him
’Cause he ain’t the same

“He used to be a player
Skipping ‘round from girl to girl
But then I came
And he says he’s in love

“I never thought
That he’d steal my heart
Swore it off as something
That he was playing with me

“I’ve fallen in love
Swore it wouldn’t happen to me
But I guess that it feels right
This boy could be mine
But I’m not so sure anymore …

“Then there’s this guy
And the way he looks at me
I don’t know
It makes me wanna lean in closer

“But I’m not sure
If it’s just my imagination
His friend says he wouldn’t notice me

“I’ve fallen in love
Swore it wouldn’t happen to me
But I guess that it feels right
This boy could be mine
But I’m not so sure anymore …

“They both make me
Wanna dress nice
Fix up my hair
Put on some makeup
Add something flashy
Just to get them to notice me

“They both make me
Wanna lean in closer
Press their lips against mine
And feel the fireworks explode
Hear the violins and pianos
Feel like we’re all around the world
Like a love-struck couple

“They both make me
Laugh at anything
Act like a klutz
Just to get them to look at me

“They both make me
Nervous inside
Butterflies fluttering around
Like fireworks in the sky

“I’ve fallen in love
Swore it wouldn’t happen to me
But I guess that it feels right
This boy could be mine
But I’m not so sure anymore …

“I’m leaning in closer
I’m gonna find out
And hopefully this one
Will be my prince charming
My knight in shining armor
My one true love
The one I hold forever

“He’s mine,” I sing, strumming the last of the cords. I look up at the stars, as they all glittered white. But one really caught my eye, as it almost seemed to be winking at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good? Bad? Comments? Please? I’m begging!