Status: Active; Like the new layout?; Comments, please?; This story is near the end ...

The Black Limousine

Chapter 21

The day went by, but I hardly noticed. I was stuck in my own thoughts. Did I like Luke? Would I forgive Keith? I probably would forgive Keith. As for the other question, I haven’t hardly had any time to think about it. I love Keith, anyway. I’m not that kind of girl that has two boyfriends — because, first off, EW!

I walk down the halls of the large public school as always, stuck in my own little bubble of thought. That was until I ran into Trevor. Not literally.

“Hey, Kristina!” Trevor grins at me.

“Hey.” I knew I sounded like I was bored and dismissive, and I felt a little bad for that, but my hands were tied at the moment being. Once again: Not literally!

“Soo … whatcha doin’?”

“Heading to lunch. Why?”

“Just curious.”

I studied Trevor suspiciously. Something was up. Something that I’m sure I wouldn’t like. I shrug it off, continuing along on my way. It was probably nothing.

I start turning the corner, hearing Trevor yell, “Wait, Kristina!! Don’t go down that way!!!”

Boy, had I wished I had listened.

• • •

I sat up in the tree, feeling like a complete idiot. How could I have been so stupid as to let it happen again? I should’ve listened to the warnings. I should’ve listened!! Fresh and hot tears began to form and fall as the memory came.

“Hey, Kristina, are you okay?” Drake asks, sitting down beside me, “Trevor told me what happened. If you want, I could kill Keith.”

“No … he’s not worth it.” I sniffle, forcing a smile. “But, thanks.”

“So, that’s it? You’re just gonna let him get away with it?”

“Yeah. He’s not worth it.”

“Kristina, c’mon. I know you’ll think I’m lying, but I actually thought you two would’ve made it longer than this. You can’t just let him off the hook for —”

“Don’t … just don’t say it.”

“Well, look, how about we go to a hotel. I’ll call up your friends and you all can do whatever the heck it is you all do.”

“Thanks.” I hug him, smiling. “Thank you so much!

“Don’t mention it.”

• • •

“Oh no! He didn’t!” Francis’ little sister and werewolf, Sarah, says.

“He did.” I roll my eyes.

“Hey, Oprah, Ellen! Are we gonna watch the movie or what?” Benjamin asks impatiently. “I mean, I sympathize for yah, Kristy, but yah need to forget all about him.”

“You two don’t have a sensitive bone in your body!” One of two of Benjamin’s sisters says. It was the older one — who was also a Witch — Lindsay.

“Hey, don’t be so hard on them. Lets just watch the movie,” I say, forcing a smile, “It’ll be better than moping.”

“That’s the spirit!” Trevor says, grinning. Yes, Trevor came along. I insisted since Benjamin and Francis brought their own guests. “Besides, I’ve got a little surprise waiting for Keith when he gets home.”

“What’d you do?” Lindsay asks excitedly.

“We’re recording it,” Benjamin and Francis say together, grinning.

“Show it, right now!” Sarah says, as they all crowd around the TV.

“C’mon, Kristy!” Benjamin says, looking back at me.

“Can’t we just watch the movie?”

“Oh, sure! Now you want to watch the movie,” Francis says sarcastically.

“Alright,” Trevor says, shrugging. The movie starts playing, and I actually felt better.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just sort of to set the scene for the next chapter. Trust me, you'll love me. Oh, and FYI, you'll hear about what Kristina saw later. Kristina's just too heartbroken to think about it right now.

But, tell me what you think it is! That'll be fun to hear!