Status: Active; Like the new layout?; Comments, please?; This story is near the end ...

The Black Limousine

Chapter 28

There was Keith, looking perfectly normal and as if he hadn’t gone insane and become my personal stalker. He flashed me that smile that he’d always get whenever we were together.

“Hey, Kat,” he says casually. I try slamming the door shut, but he jams his foot in the way.

“Go away, Keith.”

“Kat, I —”

“Don’t call me Kat,” I growl, pushing all of my weight onto the door. “TREVOR!!! MY STALKER’S HERE TO TAKE YOU HOME!!!”

“What?” Keith asks cluelessly.

“WHAT?” Trevor yells from my bedroom.

“JUST GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE, TREVOR!!!”

Footsteps were heard almost immediately down the long hallway. Trevor took a minute to take in the scene with Keith and me. “What’s up?” Trevor asks casually.

“Do you not see Keith?” I ask sarcastically. The door was flung open, sending me into the leather couch across the room. I flip over the back of it, landing with a muffled thud.

“What’s going on?” Drake asks, walking back into the room.

“Oh, nothing,” I say sarcastically, “I just invited Keith in to play video games, and then I tripped over the couch.”

“Don’t give me attitude, young lady.” I groan, grabbing my coat, and heading out the door. “WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! YOU’RE GROUNDED!”

“SCREW IT!!!” I yell back in reply.

• • •

The city was cold, but as if I cared. I carelessly hummed a random song, not a single thought in my entire head as I continued walking. I knew Keith was following me, but I didn’t really care. I sigh heavily, rolling my eyes.

“I know you’re following me, Keith.” The footsteps behind me stopped, but I kept walking. “Lets just get this out of the way.”

“Get what out of the way?” Keith asks, walking beside me.

“We’re done. There is no us anymore. Okay?”

“You’re lying.”

“Am I?” I look him dead in the eye. He’s not going to control me. “I’m through with guys like you, Keith.”

“Guys like me? And I suppose Luke’s so special?”

“I’m not dating Luke. Even if I was, then it would be none of your business.”

Keith stayed silent for a few moments, before finally growling, “We’re not over.”

“Yes, we are,” I say stubbornly.

He grabs my arm in a death-grip, growling at me. “We are not done, Kristina.”

“You’re not controlling me, Keith, now let go.”

His grip tightened as I glared at him. “We aren’t over until I say we are.”

“Then how about we say that we weren’t ever together?”

He snarled, his hand swinging until it hit the side of my face. He slapped me. I couldn’t believe it. Tears threatened to fall down my face, but I refused to let them fall. He disappeared after that.

What have I gotten myself into?

Oh, yeah. Hell.

• • •

I didn’t go home that night. I ran. I kept running even after I had left the city. I needed to get away. I needed to get far away from Keith. He really had gone insane. I couldn’t handle what he was trying to force me into.

Tears were streaming down my face as I ran. I could never go back. I never wanted to, anyway. I knew very well what would happen if I went back.

Which could not happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to any readers, commenters, subscribers, etc. Y’all are awesome!