Status: Active; Like the new layout?; Comments, please?; This story is near the end ...

The Black Limousine

Chapter 5

I had packed what I could, mainly just the necessities. I stuffed all the clothes I could into a suitcase, praying that mom and dad didn’t come home for lunch.

“Nice room,” Keith says, smirking. I look around, noticing the powdery pink paint, that looked nearly white, and my fluffy white teddy bear on my bed. I grab the teddy bear stuffing him into my suitcase. “You still sleep with a stuffed bear?”

“Yep. Got a problem with it?”

“No, just wondering.”

“Good,” I grumble, looking through my bookcase. I finally find it, the book of my life. I wrote everything in it. My life was in this one leathery book. I continue looking through my bookshelf, standing on my tiptoes as my fingers brush the hollowed out book. I dig my nails into it, pulling it closer. I throw the two books into a tiny backpack, soon digging into my closet.

“How much do you need?”, Luke asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Not much. That suitcase and the purple bag is really it. But I want the things in the grey bag. Don’t you dare touch it, Keith!”, I yell as I look for the familiar black shoe box. It held my memories, everything sweet. I finally find it, smiling as I pull it out and into the tiny grey backpack.

“Well, I don’t know about you, but I was expecting her to take much longer. And grab makeup.”

“I don’t wear makeup. It’s stupid.”

“New one.”

“Shut up, Keith,” I grumble, throwing the two bags over my shoulders and staring out my window. “Go make yourself useful and stand outside, Keith.”

He raises an eyebrow, shrugging and walking downstairs. I smirk, dragging my suitcase full of clothes over to the window, as I soon climb out of it. “Catch!”, I yell from the roof, throwing it. Keith catches the suitcase, smirking.

“You pack light.”

“If I need more I’d tell you all.”, I yell crawling back through my window to grab the remaining two bags. I walk past Luke, straight downstairs. I walk into the kitchen, setting my stuff down and grabbing a piece of paper and pen. I write down on the plain paper quickly:

Staying at a friend’s house.
Spending the night.
—Kristina


I clip it on the fridge, looking at the counter where I saw more of my mother’s cookies. I roll my eyes, grabbing a giant zip-lock bag and stuffing them all in it. I throw them into the grey backpack, running out the front door and locking it.

“Seriously, Keith,” Luke says, rolling his eyes.

“Kristina, tell him!”, Keith whines.

“Tell him what?”

“That you kissed me.”

I froze by the porch steps, shaking my head. “Yeah, I kissed him.”, I grumble, walking over to their limo and throwing the stuff in it.

“Told you!”, Keith cheers as he walks in.

“What’d he do?”, Luke asks, raising an eyebrow.

“He helped me.”

“So you kiss him?!”

“Don’t see any harm yet.”

“And, Luke, you haven’t kissed anything until you kiss Kristina.”, Keith says, smirking.

“Shut up, Keith. Just shut up right now.”, I growl, glaring.

“What? It’s the truth.”

“And let me guess?”, I say sarcastically.

“Don’t fight it,
Don’t deny it.
Just accept the truth,
It’s good for you?”, I sing sarcastically.

“Wasn’t gonna say it,” Keith grumbles. I roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

“I still can’t believe you kissed him. You must’ve lost some of your brain cells.”, Luke says sarcastically.

“Nope. Last time I checked, I was already ahead in every subject.”

“Seriously?”, Keith asks, frowning.

“Yep. When your mother’s a doctor, your father’s a lawyer, you have to be smart.”

“Lucky. I’m flunking already.”

“Luke can help you.”

“He won’t!”

“Liar.”

“Huh?”

“Your eyes. They say ‘liar.’”, I say, smirking.

“Huh?”

“Your eyes will always speak the truth, Keith.”, I say, rolling my eyes.

“Superstitious, much?”, Luke asks sarcastically.

“It’s worked so far.”

And the rest of the ride was dead silent. Not that I minded, I was used to the quiet. The limo finally stops, and I gape as I get out after Keith and Luke. The house was huge, new, and looked more like a castle with its white bricks.

“Wow,” I breathe, staring at their castle.

“What? You’ve never seen a mansion?”

“Oh, I’ve seen mansions. I’ve just never seen castles.”

“It’s hardly a castle,” Luke says, rolling his eyes.

“Compare it to my house. What do you get?”, I say sarcastically.

“Castle,” Keith says, smirking.

“Bingo! Winner!”

“Prize, please?”

“Nope. You volunteered.”

“No fair!”

“All’s fair in love and war.”, I quote, smirking. I throw him the suitcase of clothes, smirking. Keith rolls his eyes at me, grabbing the suitcase.

“Did you even put anything in there?”

“Clothes,” I say simply, walking behind Luke as he opens the front door. “Wow, it’s bigger on the inside … how is that frickin’ possible?!”

“The laws of illusions.”

“Illusions aren’t real. Not unless you’re insane.”

“Keep thinking that,” Luke mutters. “Follow me to our room, new roomy.”, Luke says sarcastically, walking up the steps. I go running to keep up with him, as it seemed the steps would never end, he finally stopped and went down a hallway. “Annabella’s is on the opposite hallway.”

“Okay. So, don’t go down that way?”

“Not unless you wanna move into her room.”, Keith says, rolling his eyes. “She’ll think Luke went perv and was helping me rape you.”

“He’s not lying. Annabella will think that.”

“Okay, so avoid hallway completely. And try not to see Anna.”

“Which is kind of hard,” Keith grumbles. “She’s like a second mom. Making sure we don’t bring home girls.”

“You mean, you and Philander. Trevor’s too lazy.”

“Is this like the mansion of pervs?”

“Pretty much,” they say together.

“Trevor’s still a perv, just too lazy to actually get a girl. He prefers just sleeping till the day is over.”, Luke says, rolling his eyes.

“And where are the two pervs at?”

“Remember that door at the top of the stairs?”

I nod my head, remembering the black and red door once we had reached the top of the steps.

“That’s where,” Luke grumbles.

“What are you two doing?”, Philander asks, leaning against a black door as we reach the end of the hallway.

“Nothing,” Luke sighs.

“Doesn’t look like nothing. What’s Kristina doing here?”

“My mom’s cheating, jackass.”, I growl, glaring.

“Ooh, she cusses!”

“Yeah, and she fights.”

“Don’t push your luck, Kristina.”, Luke says, rolling his eyes. “Just let us get in our room, Phil.”

“Why is she here? Why not at another friend’s house?”

“Because Beth’s parents are too prissy.”

“Anyone else?”

“Nope.”

“Fine, but I’m telling Annabella.”

“Dude! You know Annabella’ll flip!”, Keith whines.

“Exactly,” Philander says, walking away as he winks.

“Gr-eat,” Luke says sarcastically, opening the door.

I noticed how there were three beds immediately, and I raised an eyebrow as I studied the room. It was your basic boys room. And you could definitely tell where they spent their time. There was a desk, that was covered with papers and a laptop on it. And the top bunk of the bed was covered with random junk, that I couldn’t actually tell what everything was, but was guessing that I’d find a Play Boy magazine if I looked close enough. Luke cleans off the bed that was disconnected from the bunk-beds, dumping everything onto the desk.

“You can have that bed,” Luke says sheepishly.

“Works for me,” I say, shrugging. Keith climbs up the bunk beds, sitting on the top.

“Oh, please do,” Keith says, smirking.

“Keith,” Luke warns.

“Luke?”

“Does this happen often?”

“No, usually Keith and Philander are wrestling right when we get home.”, Luke says, shrugging. “And don’t we have to get back to school?”

“Yep,” I say, throwing my bags on the cleared bed and smirking.

“Not much on cleaning?”

“If only I could.”

“Feel free to make a mess here, Kristina.”, Keith says, smirking.

“And I might just take you up on that offer.”

Luke rolls his eyes at us, walking out the door. We soon follow him, and I jump on the railing instead of just walking down the steps.

“I like her living here already!”, Keith says, smirking as he hops on after me. Luke rolls his eyes, soon joining us on the fast way to get down steps.

 

• • •

 

The rest of the day was uneventful. I would chew on my mother’s cookies, trying to take the stress away, and I found out that in every class I had either Luke or Keith. Luke was always giving me worried glances, while Keith just looked at me oddly.

“Okay, I give! What is with you and those cookies?”, Keith asks, as I nibble on one of them.

“They help with stress.”, I mumble, staring at the ground.

“Kristina! Where are you going?”, Beth asks, frowning. “Oh, no. Sarah’s cookies. What’s up?”

“Nothing. I’m handling it. And can’t I just enjoy my mom’s cookies?”

“Kristina, last time you said ‘I’m handling it,’ Connor cheated on you.”

“It’s nothing,” I grumble, stuffing the cookie into my backpack as I grab my books.

“Okay,” Beth sighs.

“Do you need a ride home? Ben just got his liscence.”

“Really? That’s awesome! Tell him I said congrats and sorry. I’ve already got a ride home.”, I say, forcing a smile.

“With who?”

“Nobody,” I say, shrugging as I wink and walk away. I knew what would go through Beth’s head after that, and it merely makes me smirk.

“Ready to go?”, Keith asks, catching up with me down the hall.

“Mmhmm,” I say, walking out the doors and meeting Luke.

“You’re really stressed about your mom?”, Luke guesses, watching as I nibble on the cookie.

“Don’t tell me you believe that!”, Keith whines.

“Earth to Keith! I’m a girl. We naturally go to sugar whenever we’re upset.”, I say, rolling my eyes.

“Yeah, you are a girl …”

“Keith! Kristina’s our guest. Lets not push our luck.”, Luke says, rolling his eyes.

“You see her right?”

“I’m not blind,” Luke says, rolling his eyes.

“So you can see girls!”

“Yeah, I see girls,” Luke says sarcastically, rolling his eyes. I giggle at the two, smiling.

“I got her to laugh!”, Keith cheers. Luke rolls his eyes, chuckling.

“Wow,” I say sarcastically. “Next you’re gonna take me out to dinner.”, I add sarcastically.

“Is that a yes?”

“No, it means I love you, and I’m gonna sleep with you.”, I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

“I’m so glad I can finally say this! Burn!”, Luke says, smiling.

“Shut up, Lucas!”

Luke rolls his eyes, frowning. The limousine finally stops, and we all get out. I follow Luke up the stairs, wishing they had an elevator. We walk straight toward their — I mean, our — room. I immediately plop down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling.

“You make yourself at home pretty quickly.”, Keith notes, smirking.

“For all I care, I’m never going back home.”

“Everything’s gonna work out, Kristina.”, Luke says, sitting down in the desk as Keith plops down on his bed.

“Yeah, what Luke said.”, Keith says, frowning.

“You guys just got here. You don’t know what it was like. They were perfect together.”, I say, staring up at the ceiling. I unzipped the tiny backpack, I pull out the hollowed out book. I open it, digging through the pictures. I pull out the one from when I was born, handing it to Luke.

“That was the day I was born.”

“Wow. They looked so happy.”, Luke says, handing the picture to Keith.

“They were. From what they told me, it was best day of their lives.”

“Kinda cheesy,” Keith says, handing me back the picture.

“I keep a lot of memories like that. You never know when stuff like this happen.”, I say, closing up the hollowed out book.

“That’s a neat book,” Luke says, nodding toward the leathery hollowed book.

“Oh, thanks. It was passed down the family. Dad gave it to me. He said something about how they used to put their valuables into these kind of books.”, I say, shrugging.

“Wallets weren’t envented yet. We had to put our money in it.”, Luke says, chuckling.

“Mr. Nerd,” Keith mutters.

“At least he’ll get into college.”, I say, smirking.

“Wow you’re ignorant,” Keith says, rolling his eyes. Luke throws something at him, glaring.

“Right now, I’d like to be dead.”, I grumble, squeezing my eyes shut. Someone knocks on the door to the room, and Luke and Keith exchange glances.

“Annabella,” Luke mutters. “Quick, hide Kristina.”, Luke says, as I crawl under the bed.

“She’s doing a pretty good job of it.”

It was tight under the bed, and I grunt as I hear Keith throwing my stuff under the other bed.

“Annabella, what are you doing here?”, Luke asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Philander said you had Kristina here.”, Anna says gravely. I roll my eyes, trying to keep my breathing quiet.

“Why the heck would Kristina wanna stay here, Annabella?”, Keith says sarcastically.

“Well, I don’t know! But if she’s here, I hope you both know what we’re in for. Humans can’t know about us. If they find out that we exist, it will be worse than Salem.”

I was shocked, confused, and curious. But most of all, an idiot as I said, “What?!”

I could hear Luke slap himself on the forehead, while Keith rolled his eyes as I climbed out from under the bed.

“Nice going, Annabella!”, Keith says sarcastically.

“What did you mean?”, I ask gravely.

“Umm …”, Anna says worriedly.

“Annabella, just get out before you cause more trouble.”, Luke says, frowning.

Anna nods, quickly walking out of the room. Luke slams the door after her, plopping down in his chair.

“I guess we’re out of hiding with this?”, Keith says, raising an eyebrow.

“No. We do what we always do. We can’t have them coming after us.”

“I’m not an idiot,” I say, crossing my arms over my chest as I roll my eyes.

“You’re right. You’re not. But we don’t have to answer anything you ask.”, Luke says smugly, smirking.

“Really?”, I say, raising an eyebrow.

“Yep.”

“Alright,” I say, shrugging.

“Too easy,” Luke says stubbornly.

“You all have secrets. So do I. No point in trying to get you to tell yours.”, I say, plopping down on my bed.

“And you thought she’d be trying something on us!”, Keith says, smirking. Luke rolls his eyes, glancing at me one last time before turning to his laptop.

• • •

I couldn’t fall asleep that night. My head was too full with the day’s events. I sit up, sighing. I look around, finally grabbing my laptop, turning it on, I plug in dome headphones. I look through the videos, finally finding one of my mom when she sang me to sleep. I listen to her sweet voice through the headphones. And I felt myself slowly falling asleep to my mother’s voice. Even as tears streaked my face.

• • •

“Kristina! Wake up!”, Luke says, shaking me. I open my eyes tiredly, sitting up.

“Huh? Is the house on fire?”, I ask tiredly.

“No,” Luke chuckles. “But we have school.”

“School? Oh yeah,” I say tiredly, yawning. “Wake me up when it’s sunrise,” I mumble, lying back down. Luke chuckles, shaking me. I slap his hand away, grunting as I roll over.

“Luke, just leave her alone.”, Keith says, walking into the room.

“We’re gonna be late.”

“I’m up! Jeez, you two never frickin’ shut up!”, I say, glaring.

“You’re grouchy in the morning.”, Keith says, smirking.

“Shut the frickin’ up, Keith. Everyone’s grouchy in the morning.”, I say, glaring.

“Well … we’re gonna leave you to get ready. C’mon, Keith,” Luke says, grabbing Keith by his collar and dragging him.

“But what if she needs help!”

“Pervert,” I mutter, slamming the door. I pull out my suitcase, deciding to just wear a teal colored tank-top, and some black jeans. I change quickly, combing through my hair as I walk out the door. “S’up,” I say casually as I pass the two.

“Hot,” Keith comments.

“Ahuh … pervert.”

“I’m shocked he’s my best friend.”

“I thought you two were brothers.”

“Nope. Just friends,” Keith says, smirking.

“I’d be ashamed if he were my brother.”, Luke grumbles.

“Wow, Keith … you’ve been getting lucky.”, Philander says, smirking at me.

“He hasn’t gotten anything.”, I say, smirking as I throw my brush on the bed. I back up my backpack, walking straight out. I put my hair in a headband, smirking. I slide down the steps, hearing Keith and Luke follow behind me.

“I like her!”, Philander cheers behind us.

“Join the club!”, Keith says, smirking. Anna sees us, glaring.

“That’s not a very lady-like thing to do, Kristina.”

“Do I care? No,” I say, smirking as I walk straight past her.

“You should! You’re a young lady!”, I spin around, fighting back laughter.

“I dropped that act once I got my braces off.”, I say, smirking.

“Oh, yeah! You should’ve seen her yesterday, Phil! She was teasin’ all of ‘em!”, Keith cheers. “Hey, didn’t you have some friends tape that?”

“Yep. Benjamin and Francis are my electronic friends. They tape everything for me.”, I say, smirking.

“Sweeeeet! Phil, you gotta see the frickin’ tapes!!”, Keith cheers. Luke rolls his eyes, chuckling.

“I have ‘em right here.”, I say, pulling out one of the tapes.

“Sweeeet!!”, Keith says, grabbing the tape straight out of my hands. “To the theater!!”, Keith yells, dragging me behind him.

“Oh, dang! You all have an IMAX theater in this castle?!”, I yell, gaping.

“She gets less lady like by the second.”, Anna scowls.

“Didn’t we already cover this?”, I ask sarcastically. Keith puts the tape in excitedly, soon pushing me into a seat as the first song starts playing.

“Oh my gosh!!”, Anna yells, scowling me.

“Don’t like it, don’t watch it.”, I say, smirking. Finally, the song I had made up plays, and I smirk. Anna gapes as Luke gets on stage with me, and I could see her glaring.

“Oh my gosh!!”, Anna groans, watching as I did a ‘stop, drop, and twirl.’

“Daaaaaaaaamn,” Philander breathes. “Wow!”

And that was when I was doing the ‘puppy dog eyes.’ I watch as Beth gets up on stage, feeling my cheeks burn hot red.

“Daaaaaaaaamnnnn!!”, Philander says, his eyes bulging out.

“I’m guessing I’m the newest porn star?”, I say sarcastically, grimacing.

“In their books,” Luke grumbles, rolling his eyes as I dance on the table on the screen. Philander whistles, making me grimace. Soon Connor’s voice booms onto the speakers, and I glare at the screen. Philander was pratically on the edge of his seat, and he cussed as Keith interfered.

“Ooh, hot chick!!”, Philander whistles. I grimace, rolling my eyes.

“Lets get to school, before Philander decides to rape Kristina.”, Luke says, grimacing. Keith rolls his eyes, nodding in agreement. We all stand up, and I pratically run out the door.

“Someone’s eager to ditch my older brother.”, Keith says sarcastically.

“I could see the relation,” I grumble, grimacing. I hop into their limo. “Drop me off at the corner. The last thing I need is Connor sending the entire football team after you two.”, I say, staring out the window.

“Why is he so obsessed with you?”, Luke asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Because I frickin’ changed,” I grumble. “And, from what Beth knows, he’s working on getting into every girls’ pants. Me and Beth are all that’s left.”

“So why isn’t he after Beth?”

“Because Beth’s dating his best friend. That’s how we met.”, I say, rolling my eyes.

“So, Beth set you up?”, Luke guesses.

“And she keeps tryin’,” I grumble, staring out the window. “Can we just stop talking about my past man-whore.”

And the rest of the ride was silent. Luke and Keith refused to drop me off at the corner, and it wasn't like I’m stupid enough to jump straight out of the car. I walk out, and immediately whistles and shouts erupt around me. I keep my head down, quickly walking straight to my locker.

“Staying at a friend’s house?”, Beth snaps, glaring at me as I open my locker.

“They are my friends.”

“Yeah! But they’re frickin’ perverts!”

“At least I’m still a virgin.”, I growl, slamming my door shut as I walk straight past her. I sit in my seat from yesterday, frustrated. I throw my backpack on the back of my chair, banging my fist on the desk. I felt tears sting my eyes, and I wipe desperately at my eyes.

“Crap,” I mutter, staring out the window.

“Hey Kristina,” Keith says, smirking.

“Huh?”, I ask, keeping my head in a book.

“You were crying,” Keith says, lifting my head up by my chin. I stare up at him, realizing his eyes were a black with a liquid fiery ring in each eye. I stare up at him, mesmerized. He leans down, and his lips meet mine. It felt so perfect right now, to kiss Keith.

“Ahem,” someone coughs loudly. Me and Keith break apart, and I blush madly. I look up, seeing Connor. I raise an eyebrow at him, noticing how he glared at me. I smirk leaning back as Keith sat down next to me. I look at Keith, and he smirks at me. I noticed Luke in the front of the room, and he was gripping the desk so tightly that I thought that it’d break in the blink of an eye. And just like that, Luke’s desk snapped in two, I jumped in my seat, noticing how Luke quickly looked around before disappearing.

“Hey, Keith? What was wrong with Luke?”, I whisper, nodding toward the broken desk.

“Nothing,” Keith lies, smirking at me.

“You’re lying.”

“Not here, Kristina.”

I grunt, turning my attention to the board as everyone starts coming in. Cameron spent a little extra time by the door, and I roll my eyes as she spots me. She smiles the fakest smile ever, skipping over to me.

“Oh, hey Kristina!”

“Whore,” I say, smirking as I hear some of the class whistle and ‘ooh.’

“Oh, you’re so funny!”, Cameron says fakely. I roll my eyes at her.

“Cut the crap, whore. What do you want?”, I sneer, glaring up at her.

“What are you talking about, Kristy! Can’t I just talk to my BFF?”

“BFF? Friends, with you?! I hate your guts, you fake slut.”, I growl, standing up. “But, hey, I’ve got a great new cheer for you!”, I say, forcing a smile. Cameron’s face lights up, as she gives me some room. “One, two, three, four! You’re a dirty lying hoe!”, I cheer sarcastically, smirking.

Cameron’s face falls, as she glares at me. “Lets get one thing straight, McPhee. This is my school. And I’m not letting some fake freshman take it from me.”

“Then get your stupid man-whore out of my life.”, I growl, glaring at her. “Besides, just because you do some lame cheers you think your queen of the world? Well, guess what? I could do those when I was five!”

“You? Cheerleading?”, Cameron laughs.

“Did it, got bored.”, I say, sitting back down. “Besides, I’ve seen you cheer. And you all can’t do anything. Your cheers don’t even make sense. And none of you can even do a flip.”

“And you can?”

“Gym, lunch. I’ll prove who’s the better cheerleader?”, I offer, raising an eyebrow.

“Deal,” Cameron says, flipping her dyed blonde hair and going to her seat in the front of the room. I smirk, quickly staring out the window. I slip my phone under my desk, texting Benjamin and Francis.

• • •

The rest of the day was a blur, and soon it was lunch. I stood by the gym, and soon Cameron walked down the hall. I had changed from my jeans, into some mini-shorts, and it seemed Cameron was cheering in his little mini skirt. I smirk, opening the gym. Boys and girls alike had gathered for this, making me smirk.

“You’re first, McPhee.”, Cameron sneers. I smirk at her, nodding.

I stand on the mat, looking around before taking a deep breath. I close my eyes, clapping my hands in a rhyme. “One two three four! Everyone get down on the floor!”, I cheer, doing a quick flip in the air. “Five six seven eight! We’re not falling for their bait!”, I cheer, dancing around. “Everybody scream! Everybody scream! We’re the falcons! We’re gonna beat them!!”, I sing, smirking as everyone screams. I look at Cameron, smirking. “You’re up.”

Cameron drops her purse, taking off her jacket. “One three five! That’s not gonna fly! Six eight ten! Lets win win!”, Cameron says in her prissy voice. She does a little strippers dance, and I roll my eyes.

“Three three nine! You’re gonna cry!”, I cheer, smirking. “If you wanna play like that, Cameron, I’ll play like that.”, I growl. I do a quick ‘stop, drop, and twirl,’ doing a quick little dance. “Boom boom boom! We’re on the top! Lets go for the gold! We’re the best like that!”, I sing, smirking at Cameron. “Pass that ball, kick it tall! Lets win till the end!”

I get the whole gym cheering, and Cameron scoffs, stalking off and away. I smirk after her, raising an eyebrow. “You win, Kristina!”, she shrieks. I smirk, looking up at Benjamin, who nods. I nod back at him, walking straight out of the gym. But, not without Connor stopping me. Everyone else was leaving the other way, and Connor’s smirk made it so tempting to punch him.

“Nice cheering, Kitty.”

“Don’t frickin’ call me that!!”, I growl angrily.

“Wanna go on a date?”

“You’re a piece of crap. A lying, cheating —,” I was cut off as Connor kisses me. I quickly pull away, slapping him as hard as I could. “You’re such a man-whore!!”, I growl, punching him. “Get out of my frickin’ life!!!”, I snarl, kicking him. I run away from him, following the crowd out of the gym.

I run down the halls, straight toward the cafeteria. I sit down at the back table, soon joined by Benjamin and Francis.

“You were great, Kristy.”, Benjamin says, smiling at me.

“Thanks,” I say, smiling back at him.

“You seriously killed Cameron!”, Francis says, smiling at me.

“You should become a cheerleader. Just to completely crush her.”, Benjamin says, smirking.

“That’s not a half-bad idea, but I think I’m done performing. I just wanna go back to being the quiet Kristina that nobody notices.”, I say, shrugging.

“Umm, hello. Thanks to an outstanding performance yesterday, we ask for Kristina Jane McPhee to come up on stage and sing us another song.”, Ms. Bohn says, smiling.

I sigh, standing up. I knew there was no way getting out of this. Benjamin and Francis pull out their cameras, already recording.

“Go get ‘em, Kat!”, Benjamin cheers. I smile at him, nodding. I hop on stage, grabbing the electric guitar. I decide on “Bring Me To Life” by Evanescence. I blast the music, hearing everyone cheer as I sing. As I finsih the song, I start playing “Misery Business” by Paramore, smirking as I sing.

“Lets hear it for our Hell’s Angel!!”, Francis cheers, making me laugh into the speakers.

“Yeah, sing us something original!”, Benjamin yells. I smile at them, nodding.

“Hey everybody
This is a story of a girl
Who thinks she fell in love
But then found out that
He was a worthless piece of grab

“She cried her eyes out
She wondered why
Why she was willing to give him everything
But he didn’t care
He just breaked her heart

“And as the years went by
That same girl changed
She left her misery behind
And now look at her,” I sing, smiling into it. I start picking up the beat, the music blasting into the speakers.

“She’s nobody’s girl
She’s kissing another boy
She thinks she’s in love
But it’s too soon to tell

“Her world is falling down
She thinks it’s the end
But this one boy
May put it together again

“Can she find help
Is there no hope?
She’s not afraid anymore
She’s taking a stand

“This girl was once shy
She was known as the school’s nerd
But now look at her

“She’s nobody’s girl
She’s kissing another boy
She thinks she’s in love
But it’s too soon to tell

“Her world is falling down
She thinks it’s the end
But this one boy
May put it together again

“She’s fallen again
She can’t help it
It just happened

“She swore he wouldn’t be able
To win her over
But what she’s feeling inside
Is just the opposite

“She wants him
She needs him right now
Even as her heart is breaking
Being torn out of her chest

“This girl is messed up
She’s the school’s bad ass now
She doesn’t give a crap
About anyone but him

“She’s falling too fast
Falling too hard
She thinks she’s in love
She thinks he’s the one
But look at her now

“This is my story
I’m nobody’s girl
I’m kissing another boy
I think I’m in love
But it’s too soon to tell

“My world is falling down
I think it’s the end
But this one boy
May put it together again,” I sing, smiling as I strum the last of it. I smile at everyone, nodding before taking off my guitar and walking off stage.

“Who is he?”, Benjamin asks immediately.

“Nobody,” I say, shrugging.

“You’re such a liar, Kristina!”, Francis says, rolling his eyes.

“It’s just a song. It doesn’t mean anything.”, I say, shrugging.