Status: Active; Like the new layout?; Comments, please?; This story is near the end ...

The Black Limousine

Chapter 7

My eyes slowly opened, sitting up, I look around at my surroundings.

“Hey,” Keith says, smiling at me.

“Umm, hey … where am I?”

“At the hospital. Luke said you passed out.”

“Ugh, just get me out of here!”, I groan.

“Relax! We drove you out of town!”, Keith says, smiling at me.

“How long have I been out?”, I ask, relaxing.

“Well, you missed our date.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry!”

“You’re apologizing for being passed out for close to two weeks.”

“Two weeks?!”

“Yeah, pretty much. You’re lucky you were so far ahead. You didn’t have any work.”, Keith chuckles.

“Did they figure out what happened?”

“Not yet. Although, they won’t tell me or Luke anything because we’re only sixteen.”

“That’s too bad.”

“Not really. We’re hoping Phil or Anna will come and talk to them.”

“Do my parents know?”

“We thought it’d be best not to worry them.”

“Thanks,” I say, smiling at him.

“Oh, Kristina! You’re awake!”, Anna says, smiling at me as her and Philander come in.

“Have been for the past five minutes.”

“Oh, doctor!”, Anna yells.

“Yes?”, a woman in a white lab coat says, walking in. “Oh, are you Mr. and Mrs. McPhee?”

“Oh —”

“Currently. My parents are having some diffculties, and I’m staying under their guardianship.”, I say quickly. “They’re friends of the family.”

“Oh, well … Kristina, you have been diagnosed with Mitochondrial.”

“Huh?”

“It’s an extremely rare disease. Usually genetic through the mother. Did your mother have it?”

“Umm, not that I’m aware of.”

“Well, it’s fetal, sweetheart. And it’s getting worse. We’ve estimated that you only have six months to live. But, it’s catching up quite quickly.”

“S-s-six months? Isn’t there any treatment? Any cures? There has to be something!!”

“Sweetie, this disease is very rare. Hardly anyone knows about it. There’s nothing we can do.”

“Great! Just perfect!!”, I say, crying.

“Umm, I’ll just leave you alone …”

“Kristina, calm down,” Keith says soothingly, grabbing my hand.

“I’m dying, and you want me to frickin’ calm down!!!”

“We’ll go sign the papers and take you home.”, Anna says quietly, walking out.

“I’m frickin’ dying!!!!”, I sob, already in hysterics.

• • •

I had finally calmed down, and they took me home. Well, their house. I didn’t want to face my parents. Not now. I was just sitting on my bed, staring out the window. The doctor said I shouldn’t go outside, which was really irritating. The outdoors were so peaceful.

“Kristina?”, Keith asks, sitting next to me.

“Hmm?”

“Come with me,” he says, grabbing my hand. I stand up, following him as he takes me into his living room. He sits down on the couch next to me, as everyone stared at me.

“Okay, well … umm, we have decided, against our parents wishes, to tell you.”, Anna says uncomfortably.

“I’m a demon, just like Philander. Luke and Anna are vampires, and Trevor’s a vampire-demon hybrid.”, Keith says, smiling at me.

“So it wasn’t a dream,” I mutter under my breath.

“I told you guys she was awake!”, Keith says, smirking smugly.

“Excuse me for trying not to make her completely sick.”, Luke says, rolling his eyes.

“So, wait, why are you all telling me this?”

“Well, you have three choices.”, Anna says uncomfortably.

“You can die,” Philander says gravely.

“Or become a vampire,” Luke says, smirking.

“Or become a demon,” Trevor says tiredly.

“Wait, people can become demons?”

“Well, sort of. What I’ll do is wait till you’re dead, then I basically grab you before you go wherever.”, Keith says, shrugging. “No biting including. Although some say it is painful.”

“Ahuh,” I say, staring at him oddly.

“Vampire’s the more legit way to, though. There’s still a chance Keith may not grab you in time.”, Trevor says, grunting.

“Nephew’s gotta point,” Keith says, frowning.

“Huh?”

“Trevor’s Anna and Philander’s kid. We just say he’s my brother.”, Luke says, shrugging. “But Anna really is my sister. We’re the lamia vampires. We can age.”, Luke says, shrugging.

“And Phil’s really my brother. We got dared and died.”

“How old are you all?!”

“I’m over 500 years old!”, Luke says defensively. “Trevor just recently turned a hundred.”

“I’m still older than you, even by how I look.”, Trevor says smugly. “I stopped at fifteen.”

“I’m just a hundred younger than Philander. And he’s over two thousand.”, Anna says, smiling.

“Keith, your turn.”

“I’m the same age as Luke. I just celebrated my … what year was America discovered?”

“Wow,” I breathe.

“Yeah. And he still acts like a horny sixteen year old.”, Philander says, smirking.

“You don’t act much older than me, Phil.”

“You have only two months to decide, Kristina. Maybe sooner.”, Anna says, frowning.

“Give me a week,” I say quietly, standing up.

“Where’re yah going?”, Keith asks.

“Well, death is already out.”, I say, shrugging. “But there’s two people I have to say goodbye to.”

And I was walking, straight out the door, and out into the sun. If was flaming, and I felt like I’d die right there, but I stayed close to the shade, and started walking down the street.