Devil's Dance Floor

Ashtyn Lawrence had moved to Forks with her mother after her father had left. She found herself trying too hard to impress the kids at school - anything to make friends and settle down. That was far from what was really going to happen. On a night leading up to the stories events - she had partied too hard on a beach in La Push. Her friends too drunk to find her, she found herself being rescued out of the water by none other than Edward Cullen. The heroics of the story stayed out of the public eye - everybody was far more interested in Ashtyn's pregnancy - constantly questioning who the father of her baby could be. Of course she tells them nothing, how could she betray her savior? He belongs to somebody else.

But what if there is something else to the story? What if Edward begins to actually believe that through whatever insanity, there could be a possibility that Ashtyn's child might actually belong to him? He had gone decades assuming that such a creation could never be possible - but couldn't think of a time that it had ever been put to the test. At first he is completely against it - there had to be somebody else in Ashtyn's life that she was not speaking of... but that thought alone heated him. He hated thinking that somebody else had touched her.... but how could he think of that? He had Bella, a girl that he had been through so much with.. a girl that he loved more than anything and would do anything for. But what if Bella was nothing more than a test of his self control? What if her appealing scent was not a sign of love, but of a sign of (had he been a typical vampire) a five-star meal? What if Bella had entered his life simply to prepare him for the effects that Ashtyn would have upon him?
He can't believe that there isn't something more to Ashtyn that he is just not understanding.. he is TOO drawn to her.... stronger than magnets - he feels himself begin to revolve around her ... the same feeling that forced him to cross the treaty lines that night in La Push to save her.... a feeling stronger than anything that he had ever known.