Back In Black

Lovely Rita, Meter Maid.

Rita Yellow walked home that night. She only lived three blocks away from school, and walked every day, through rain and sun, through hail and snow.

She plugged her i-pod in. Her ears were filled with retro numbers by The Beatles and The La's. Her mother had named her after a Beatles' song, "Lovely Rita". It was a parking meter maid, which Rita found completely irrelevant to her life.

In order to get home, Rita had to cross a main road. It wasn't large, it wasn't busy... but it could be dangerous. She ran across the road quickly, and began to head for her house on 63rd St.

Rita opened the door with her key, and let herself into the red brick building. She dumped her bag in the corridor, and ran up the stairs two at a time, eager to get to her bedroom. Once there, she pressed the button on her new laptop, and watched with excitement as the screen lit up a world of possibilities.

She kicked off her school shoes, and sat down next to the laptop. She clicked on her favourites, and clicked on Mibba.com. She logged in, using her username; LonelyRita94. Her screen turned bright with the images on her homepage, the links to her stories, and numerous poems, the links to her journal, and the links to her comments.

On Mibba, she was popular. On Mibba, she had freedom. On Mibba, she could be herself.

As she did this Cole Sebashtion Brown was getting off his bus, he turned the corner and walked towards his Apartment, he slowly climbed the stairs as the excitement bulid up inside him.

Once he swung open the door he quickly swung by the kitchen and snagged a cookie from the tray on the counter and then on his way to his room he said hi to his mother. He cracked open the door, "Hey mom" he said "Hey honey" she responded "Don't eat the cookies on the counter ok?" He hid the cookie behind his back and smiled "Ok Mom" then he dashed to his room and flopped down on his bed in front of his computer, He turned it on then rolled over to grab his backpack so he could start on his homework till it booted up. His laptop was kind old after a few minutes it was all warmed up, he typed in the link www.mibba.com
then logged in using his username brown67 and clicked on chat.
♠ ♠ ♠
A Short chapter.
I thought we could keep this going?

I didn't write the first chapter BTW, it was a joint effort.

Thanks.