Status: Paused - finishing 30 days, 30 letters first

Runaway Love

Wedding Day Part 1

Nicole clambered out of the car, with Erica and Lisa following closely. They were the bridesmaids at the wedding, and running late. Quickly running up the steps of the gorgeous house, his house, they headed to hair and make-up.
"Oh girls, good you're here. What kept you?" Nicole's mum asked as she was helped into her dress.
"Sorry, Lisa slept in," Nicole answered abruptly, and Lisa smiled innocently. Truth was she was just hiding. As she put her dress on and the make-up artist helped her to the chair, she began thinking back to the night before...

I lay in bed, hearing my mum and her new guy, whatever his name was, laughing and drinking in the kitchen. I wanted to text E, but I couldn't, I'd left me phone on the kitchen bench, which was probably covered with beer bottles by now.
"What's that noise?" no-name yelled.
"Just Lisa's phone, ignore it," mum said, and I can just imagine what she did to shut him up, as much as I didn't want to. In the silence, I heard my phone ring a second time.
"That's it, no more distractions." I heard footsteps come towards my door. When it opened, I saw the face I didn't want to see. "Hello beautiful girl," no-name said. "You left your phone in the kitchen. I thought I'd do your mum a favour and bring it in to you." I felt my bed fall under his weight as he sat down. I continued to lie still, eyes closed, hoping he would leave. The touch of his hand on my face, brushing my hair away, broke my facade.
"Don't touch me," I murmured.
"What's that, pretty girl," he asked, leaning in close, too close.
"Don't touch me," I said louder, trying to push him away. When he didn't move, I tried to wriggle away, but no-name held me still. My hand was free, so I punched the only way I could, upwards, straight into his gut.
No-name yelled and stumbled backwards off the bed. I took the chance, and ran to the door, but the noise had attracted my mother.
"What's going on in here?" she yelled. Seeing no-name still against the wall, the wimp, she turned her attention to me. "What did you do, you little brat!" Her hand struck my cheek, across my face. I looked up a few seconds later to see her running to no-name's side. Regardless of the stinging, I refused to cry. I couldn't in front of her. "Don't come near us again. Now, MOVE!" she yelled, the two of them stumbling out the door, pushing me away.
I made my way back to my bed, and climbed under the covers. The tears that had sat there threateningly began to fall. Like a small child, I cried myself to sleep.


The sound of gasps pulled Lisa from her own world. Looking at the faces of shock around her, she whispered "what's wrong?"
"Your... your face," Nicole said. Nicole's mum and the make-up artist had backed away, but were still listening intently.
"It's all bruised. What happened?" Erica continued to question.
Glancing in the mirror, Lisa saw the effect of the night before. "Nothing," she quickly said, "I just tripped, and hit my head. You know how clumsy I can be." When Nicole and Erica still stood expectantly, she continued, "I'm fine really. Can you try to cover it up?" The question was directed at the make-up artist, an invitation for her to resume working.
Lisa's two best friends didn't look convinced, but the subject was dropped. Lisa sighed with relief, she couldn't tell them what really happened.
She just couldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it
Comment... subscribe...
Claire xx