Status: Completed.

Saving Sloane Winters

T H R E E

Sloane Erin M. Winters
Keywords: Spongebob, gorilla suits, Oliver Sykes, Tristan Forjac

"This is stupid and pointless." Kay muttered, glaring at her evil paper work and frowning when she saw the vague outline of her Spongebob Squarepants picture created by the crumbs of a certain missing Twix bar.

Bess-- who had somehow managed to salvage her gorilla suit from Sarah's ninth birthday party-- pounded her fists on her chest, stabbing one sausage finger onto Kay's essay about whether cheese fell into a tub of jelly faster than a tampon, and growled.

Kay gasped, melodramatically putting her hand to her mouth and putting the other onto her wizard cloaked (not unlike Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore) hip, saying, "Why, thou is correct! I should write the essay in French. What's the French word for 'bubble'?

"Fuck!" Sarah groaned, grabbing her special bucket and burying her face and stomach into it.

"You should not say such things about bubbles!" said Kay, quite offended.

Sarah looked up angrily. "I shall say what I fucking what, dimwit!"

Kay then stood up, and bent down to grab her propellor cap, dusting down her polka dot pantaloons and yelled at the top of her lungs; "Why? Oh, why?! Why must the world plague thee with incessant work and labour?! Why thou Jaiden so incredibly gorgeous? Why does my hair look gross? Why is Bessie dressed as a freakin' gorilla? Why thou Sarah so thou horrible? Why must I suffer such tragedies?"

"I guess some kids are just born with tragedies in their blood." Somebody screamed into my ear, and I peeked open an eye.

Why in Gordon Bennett's bazoomas was Oliver Sykes screaming into my ear?

"Sloane! Sloane? Wake up!"

I groaned, swatting the hand that was shaking my shoulders away. "No, let me sleep Oliver."

"What gobshit are you talking about? Some creepy looking Xavier teacher is coming!"

"No, he isn't, Oliver." I mumbled into my warm jumper, and grimaced when I heard giggles and sniggering, "Could you tell the laughing voices to shut the fuck up? They're so annoying, like Bess' gorilla growl, and your polka dot pantaloons were annoying to look at."

"What the f--"

"Yes, I know. I also know that tampons fall faster in jelly than cheese, at least I think so. Now shut up and let me go to sleep."

"You girl!" Some familiar fat and balding teacher said, who was wearing the classic Xavier tie. I think he was the loser that made Bess look after Riley, leading to their first meeting, love at first sight blah, blah, blah.

I shot up, my back straightening, and my head snapping up in a painful crack. I looked around, remembering the massive Xavier auditorium, which was filled with every single senior school student in Glastonbury and Xavier-- the majority of which, (at least the most closest to me and had heard Oliver)-- were looking at me.

I looked beside me, the seat in my right empty except for my school bag, where I was sure Oliver was serenading me with music. "Where's Oliver?"

Bess frowned, "Oliver who?"

"Oliver Sykes," I said slowly, "He was right there, and he started to sing-- well, scream Black & Blue."

"Erm, as much as I'd love for Oliver Sykes to be sitting in a close proximity to me," said Kay, trying to sound smart near the teacher. Not that it mattered; the guy seemed that he couldn't tell the difference between a carrot and his own dick. "Oliver isn't here." finished Kay.

"Isn't that your ringtone anyway?" muttered Bess, "That horrid music you listen to-- if you could call it music, of course."

I glared at her, "Yes, Bess. It is music, compared to that shitty--"

"Ms Winters, isn't it?" said fat teacher man, "I'm afraid there are punishments for disrupting the assembly we're trying to have, but someone keeps stopping us."

Oh great, the guy was just a genius at sarcasm.

"Blame Oliver," I mumbled, feeling offended at how he could abandon me at such a time like now. "Where is he, anyway?"

"There's an Oliver right here!" said a couple of year eight boys at the back, grinning like dorks.

I frowned, not seeing Oliver Sykes amidst the short boys, "No, I don't think so..."

"Is the girl alright?" asked a teacher from my school, who I didn't recognize. "Maybe we should send her to the sick bay, she looks exhausted."

"I'm fine," I protested, rubbing my eyes and yawning. This felt weird, why wasn't Oliver here? Why were they all looking at me like I was crazy? Why am I rambling? Why can't I get out of this fucking imagination and--

Hello, reality.

And lemme tell you, that reality sucks even more than your imagination. Even though Oliver was a traitor in my time of humiliation, the gorilla suit and fat teacher was better than this dumb heartache.

I almost felt like playing The Script, the band Bonnie's so obsessed with that she cranks up the volume whenever they're on the radio when we're driving to where ever.

'Cause when a heart breaks then it don't break even, even. No...

"Sloane." There's a familiar smile at the back of my neck, "I've been lookin' for ya."

"Oh, really?"

Tristan grins, "Yeah, asked your friend Bess. She told me you'd be around here." He says, looking around the clump of trees in front of the Arts Building. "Never knew this was here, and I've been here since prep. S'pretty ace."

I start walking, maybe he'll get the hint I don't want to talk to him. I'm not in the mood for good looking boys, but he follows after me.

And there's Teak, and my heart feels a tug whenever I see him, so I know it's definitely reality. If it was my imagination, then I'd be walking with him, and talking to him, and he'd smirk at me and I'd feel funny. A good kind of funny, though.

I'm passing by him, he's with Riley-- who's grinning and talking, while Teak's indifferent.

There's something off with him.

I want to talk to him, ask him why, tell him what I'm feeling. But it's Teak, and I'm always nervous around him.

And the words weasels out of my mouth before I can stop it, "Hey, Teak."

Stop, and freeze. My nails dig into my arm, and I can feel his stormy eyes watching them, disapproving. I peek at him, under my ugly school formal hat, and he's as perfect as ever.

And when my heart's about to drop, he shrugs, says, "Hey."

Then turns away.
♠ ♠ ♠
JUST GOT MY REPORT A+ FROM ENGLISH ON WRITING. Yup, just ignore the B in Phys Ed. *whistles*