Status: Completed.

Saving Sloane Winters

E I G H T

Teak C. Richardson
Keywords Here's, Sloane, how, leave, this, Tristan, goes, perfect, for, possibility, me

I’m Teak Richardson, and here’s how it goes.

You sit at my table, reading an ancient book falling at the seams, I approach you, be flippant and mysterious—maybe flirt with you a little. I’ll leave you hanging on every single word I say, and you’ll want more of me, and so you will get more, but you think you’ve got me figured out, but it’s you that’s wrapped around my finger.

I’ll share things with you some days, make you think you’re slowly making me warm up to you—it’s to get you to think you trust me, but you still think you shouldn't trust me, so I’ll make you happy for a night, and pretend nothing happened the morning after.

And every fucking thing I say to you is a lie. I didn’t really like your painting of the bloody rain forest, I didn’t miss you over the holidays, I didn’t really like the smell of your hair.

I’ll go to you when I feel like playing a really easy game, and seeing you trying to figure out my actions and words, because it’s fun to see you squirm, and that’s just what guys do.

That’s what I do.

It’s what I did to you.

_____________________Image

That was the pathetic excuse I had made up for all this shit.

Even I couldn't believe it, and they say I'm usually open minded. But I guess there are some things, that you can't imagine another reason for.

'Cause the truth is, was that the painting of the rain forest was brilliant, I missed her smile over the holidays.

'Cause the truth is; I got too attached.

I fell into the evil (but so tortuously lovely) ditch of ****. (I'm so fucking pathetic, I can't even put that word down. But you guys are no doubt imaginative and smart, so you do the working out).

Before Sloane Winters, there were only three people who I even felt a shred of protectiveness, appreciativeness, caring and warmth for.

Mum, Quinn and Riley.

Why only three, you ask?

Because Mum's... my mum, always been there for me, never judging me-- even after she realised that Sloane never came back to have dinner with us anymore. Quinn, because I was her older brother, and it's natural I felt protective of her. And Riley, God knows why he's stuck around for so long, but even after the 'incident' he stayed, while nobody else did. Even my dad didn't.

And because they're never going to leave.

Sure, one of them might off themselves one day-- but they'd stay until they go get murdered, do suicide or get some disease and die. And sure, Quinn will probably grow up a pretty girl, marry someone cool and get an awesome job, shop at Chapel Street with some tv star in Neighbours. Sure, Riley might join the Western Bulldogs footy team and get a house in Toorak. But they'll never betray me, they'll never be so unpredictable that I can't stand it.

But Sloane Winters?

She could leave, she could leave me any day.

There would always be that possibility that she might get up one day, and decide that she could deserve better, she could have someone who wouldn't avoid questions about their past, she could have someone like the ever so fucking perfect Tristan Forjac.

There would aways be that possibility, and if she did settle for the perfect side--

I didn't want to be around to watch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I find walking home with the Arctic Monkeys a really good inspiration for writing, dudettes.