Status: Finished (:

Tonight We're on Top of the World.

One

Title: Tonight We're on Top of the World.

Authors note: For the lovely Caro. As you requested ;) ENJOY!

“Taking Chances”

“So where are we going?” I asked jolts of adrenaline rushed through me as Emily rushed ahead making it seem impossible to catch up to her. “Just follow me okay, we're almost their!” she flashed a grin back at me as she seemed to walk faster.

I rolled my eyes running forward. I hope this was worth sneaking out of the house for, neither my parents knew I had snuck out and I was quite sure once they found out I'd be sent to the gallows. They sucked in that way, strict as if I was one of there soldier friends having to take an order from the Sargent.

I watched Emily stop dead in her tracks. Finally catching up and standing beside her I turned to see her eyes fixed on the house before us, a smile formed on her face. Now I had been friends with Emily and she wasn't one to get in trouble a lot but she definitely had a daring side which led us into the trouble we did end up in and it also didn't help that the other people we hung around with too weren't such great role models either.

I turned to see the house we were standing in front of. Emily turned to me and giggled. Through the darkness and shimmying down what looked to be the gutter on the side of the house was a tall lanky figure. I squinted slightly trying to get a closer look at who was now walking towards us. But if I hadn't been able to tell by their height it was the moment he talked I ended up knowing who exactly he was.

“Let's go!” guided Jimmy one of the guys from school we had gone with. I had a suspicion that he and Emily had more than friendly feelings towards one another. I picked up on a lot of their actions. I looked down and smiled to myself noticing from behind that he had taken her hand and now led the way to where ever the hell we were going, even though yes it was dark.

I didn't ask many more questions following quietly behind the two rushing to never ever land...

“Just around the corner” Emily whispered. I rolled my eyes, I was pretty sure she had said that a few minutes ago...

We turned the corner and I was almost blinded by all the flashing neon and florescent lights. And as soon as I adjusted my vision to it all I took notice where we were. Set up along the beach were fair rides. Anything and everything was here, from every spinning ride to those stupid ring tosses and mirror rooms. It was like the circus came to town but less weird and gross but a lot cleaner and brighter.

“Whatcha think?” Em nudged me smiling. “Yeah its open all night...” She added in again amazed voice. I couldn't help but be amazed myself. All night...but what about the 'rents...?

“Uh, I won't be able to stay all night you know” I said.

“WHAT, ARE YOU CRAZY!?” Jimmy spun around and asked. I went wide eyed for a moment but then frowned and shook my head 'no'. “If my parents find out I'm not asleep at home they're going to think I've been kidnapped or something” I said

I turned to Emily who smirked. “Well I guess its called kidnapping isn't it?” she turned to Jimmy. Referring to the fact of that's basically what she had done. He laughed. I rolled my eyes. “Lets go have fun while it lasts” I sighed walking in. “YESS!!”

We ended up walking around for a few minutes looking over the rides and questioning which would be the first of the night. It was between the teacups or the tilt-a-whirl. But it wasn't until someone walked up to us and started a competition.

“I bet I can beat you in that bottle toss game”

I turned and noticed him to my right. He wore a pair of ripped up jeans, a logo-ed band tee and his dark hair looked perfect in that weird messed up way. It suited him, his punk/rocker style but what caught my eye were the two piercings in his bottom lip. I blushed slightly noticing him, noticing me staring at him. I must have looked like a freak. “Yeah, you and Emily versus Caro and I” He said talking to Jimmy. I looked up very shocked to know he knew my name. I turned to Emily who smiled. She knew I had a teeny-tiny HUGE crush on Zachary Baker. But she stayed silent and smiled looking up to Jimmy who clearly took on the challenge. “Bring it ON BAKER BITCH!!”

We all rushed over to the stand that was currently empty and I stood between both guys while Em stood on the other side beside Jimmy.

The guy behind the booth gave each Zack and Jimmy five rings. There were multiple sets of bottles scattered around. “You better win me something Sullivan” I heard Emily almost threaten from the other side. I smiled. Oh she was a competitive one.

The tossing began and I nervously watched as Zack's first three rings missed. “Come on...” ...”ONE!” Emily shouted. “Fuck” I grumbled. I turned and then saw the ring Zack tossed make it around the bottle. “ONE!” I screamed excitedly. I looked to see Zack smile in satisfaction.

It then came down to each guy had one ring left. I nervously bit down on my lip. Was this going to draw a tie?

It wasn't until I noticed Zack's last ring land over a bottle. “TWO!”

I turned to Emily just in time to see her punch Jimmy hard in the arm.

“I HATE YOU!” She yelled stomping off. “Emily!!” He whined following after her. By the sound of her voice I could tell she was kidding but she still went off making it like it was a scene. I turned to Zack to see him receive a stuffed animal toy, a cartoon stuffed purple dog soon founds its way into my arms. I smiled looking up to Zack.

“Come on, lets walk around” he said. I nodded following. I had to admit at first I was scared to sneak out but now that I was at a fair, with someone who I really liked I could of been in heaven it was so perfect.

I wasn't sure what time it was, probably hours had passed but I didn't seem to notice. A few more rides later and we were all getting tired out. I looked up to the last ride. I turned to Zack who dragged me in line. Not the Farris wheel... “Caro?” I turned to him terrified. “Come on you can do it, just one trip around, for me?” he bagged. I froze. I was caught between being WAY up in the air, like stories high with my crush or back out and watch him go alone. I was torn. Could I face this fear?

“I'll hold your hand, I promise” he said holding his hand out towards me. I looked at it and took in a deep breath. I was crazy, this was insane...

An open seat spun around and I slowly walked up to it sitting down, Zack beside me and the bar that folded down over us came over our heads.

I looked up to the dark sky. “Oh please god, make me come off this alive” I whispered softly so Zack couldn't hear me. I tightly held on to Zack's hand and in the other the purple dog as our feet slowly lifted off the surface of the earth. I shut my eyes tightly not wanting to see anything but the darkness. “Hey, hey, here look at me, closing your eyes will make things worst” he said his free hand touched my chin slowly making me turn towards him. I slowly opened my eyes to only see him. I weakly smiled. I was making this a scene wasn't I?

“Here let me take your mind off of things...” he spoke softly moving his face closer to mind. The space between us disappeared as his pierced lips were placed upon mine. Electric shocks ran throughout my body. All fear that was inside me drained away with just that one long lasting kiss. We broke apart and smiled at each other. I turned to see the guy working the Farris Wheel standing there waiting for us to get off. Zack lifted up the bar and we climbed out. Walking back to the exit I felt my hand intertwine with the same one I was holding before.

“I swear that was the best ride I've ever been on” he said just loud enough for me to hear. “Me too” I replied back as a grin found its way upon my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it and comment. (: