The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Intervention

For some odd reason my room phone was ringing at 7:30 in the morning. 7:30!

Granted I was going to be in up in half an hour but still, that was half an hour sleep that I was losing right now.

Reaching over to the phone, I did my best to clear my throat before answering, "Hello?"

"Hello sleeping beauty," I could hear Sharpie on the other line as I fell back into the bed.

"What?" I yawned trying to wake up the best I could.

"Are you doing anything?"

"I was sleeping but what?"

"Well we've got a certain captain's bag in our room-"

"Wait," I shook my head quickly, "You and Adam stole Jonathan's bag?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"We're going to mess with him," He smiled brightly as I rolled my eyes.

"During the finals? Are you sure that's such a good move?" I questioned slowly starting to wake back up now.

"Maybe not but come on, tell me you aren't interested."

"Give me 15 minutes to get dressed and I'll be over there," I sighed while hanging up the phone then finding some clothes to wear over there.

I wasn't going for the most stylish since it was still early morning and it was just Burish and Sharpie that would see me. I didn't even bother hiding the bruises on my face now.

Little did I know that what I was walking into wasn't a practical joke but it was a sorta cruel joke that they played to get me to come over. I stepped into Adam's room to see them dressed but their faces were serious.

"What? Did Jonathan kill you?" I smirked when I realized that sounded stupid, "Wait-"

"Actually," Adam started as he looked at me, "We were never planning a prank?"

"Then bringing me over here was for what?" I questioned as Sharpie looked down.

"Um," Sharpie tried to crack a smile at me, "at least we know we've got you on our sides for when we do prank him."

"Someone tell me what the hell is going on," I glared at the both of them.

"Come with us," Adam took my hand to lead me out of the room down the hall to the elevator but didn't say anything.

He ended up leading me two floors down to a big conference room which when the doors opened, revealed the entire team. I swear if I was on drugs or something it'd look like an intervention. In the middle of them all, Jonathan sat who looked over his shoulder at me and I now knew why they called me like they did and when they did.

"No," I backed up only to be stopped by Adam who gave me a stern look, "Please don't make me."

"Blaze," Adam sighed lightly, "We don't mean any harm and no one's here to judge you. We want to help."

"It won't," I looked down for a second.

"Come on," Adam took my hand lightly to lead me to the middle to sit next to Jonathan.

Everyone's eyes were fixed on me and I know they were fixed on my bruises on my face. Adam started about how he found me, how he saved me on more than one occasion then I told them when it started. It was like going back through the steps of a nightmare that was real, I even told them about meeting him last night at the bar which Jonathan tensed up a bit at.

"He never raped you, did he?" Joel asked as I shook my head but bit my lip.

"I stopped him before he could but he came close," Adam looked down which I never told Jonathan or anyone for that matter in which the room went silent.

"I'll kill him," Dustin mentioned first as I looked up at him.

"No," I stopped him, his eyes meeting mine, "I mean, there's not much you can do anymore. What's done is done and I want to move on."

"Baby girl," Dustin moved closer to me to look at my face, "No one deserves to be treated the way he treated you."

"I'm fine," I looked at him.

"Really?" Sopel questioned as he looked at me, "You look scared to death."

"Guys, this is really unnecesasary," I stood up quickly as Jonathan's hand pulled me back down, "Please."

"You need to tell someone," Duncan looked at me, I could feel all of them wanting to help but I never had it before, why should it matter now?

"We just want you to be safe," Kaner mentioned as I felt the tears fall from my eyes.

"I don't want to be your problem. I can fix myself."

"You're a part of this team now," Their coach mentioned from his spot against the wall, "You make Jonathan happy even after a bad game, we'll help you if you want to take him to court, or whatever you decide to do."

"Thanks," I mumbled when Kris annouced a group hug and I got tackled by the entire hockey team.

"Guys, you're squishing her," Jonathan mentioned when I finally felt the weight get off me. He offered me a hand which I took as he pulled me off my feet and everyone went about their business for their morning off then practice later in the day.

Jonathan walked with me down the hall in silence since I didn't feel like talking to him right now.

"I'm sorry," He spoke first, "it was the only way I could think of you talking to everyone."

"I told you, I didn't want to tell them all."

"I'd feel safer if they all knew. That way if something happened then you would be safe," He watched me as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Do you not trust me?" I raised my eyebrow at him. "Seriously, I can take care of myself. I did it before I met you and I still can. Just because some guy decided to be a jackass and hurt me, does not mean I'm all the sudden the damsel in distress."

"I didn't-" He started as I stopped in the lobby to let out an aggrivated sigh.

"See, that's why I hate letting people in. They think that once they know what's going on, that I need their help."

"But you just-"

"I was being polite!" I snapped at him while he looked speechless at me. "God, you just don't think do you?"

"I do think," He glared at me while I looked at him again, "I happen to think all this time you've been calling me Captain Bi-polar that you were the one being bi-polar."

"Well then," I smirked at him as I started to walk off.

"Where are you going?" Jonathan called after me.

"Since I'm being bi-polar," I looked back at him, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

I started heading in any direction, not really caring on where I was headed. I don't know why, maybe I wanted him to follow me. Maybe I wanted to see if I ran if he'd chase me down. Maybe he wouldn't, maybe he'd just go back to his room and forget about me just like any other guy I've dated.

The street was crowded while I pushed past people to try to distance myself from Jonathan. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of it but then I felt a hand grab my arm to stop me in the middle of the street. I spun around to be face to face with Captain Serious and a look on his face that reflected the nickname that had been given to him.

"Don't you get I can't just let you walk away?" He questioned as I caught my breath while looking into his deep brown eyes.

"I guess that makes you crazy."

"I wouldn't be the first," He smirked as he leant down to kiss my lips lightly while everyone walked past us.

Too bad that kiss was broken by someone shouting something and the flash of a camera in the background. Jonathan looked down after breaking the kiss to lead me back to the hotel.

I ended up spendng most my day with Sharpie and Burish since Jonathan had interviews and other things to tend to. Right now, I was laying on Sharpie's bed with him underneath me, my head on his chest when something red landed on my face.

"Hey!" I reached up to see Adam smirk at me.

"Sharpie and I bought this for you."

I looked at the jersey that was laying on my face to find that they had gotten me a Toews jersey in which I groaned.

"Dude, you're so making me his now."

"Relax," Sharpie chuckled which I felt his chest move a bit under me, "We plan on getting you ones to match ours."

"Thanks guys," I smirked at them when I felt my phone ring and heard it's ringtone as I struggled to get my phone, "Hello?"

"Blaze, it's Lucas."

"Oh hey, what's up, Lucas?" I sat up from Sharpie in which I felt him move to.

"When are you coming back to Chicago?"

"Um, tomorrow night, probably why?"

"When?"

"Why?" I questioned.

"I'm not going to be here, Burko's going to New York, and Forever the Sickest Kids are having their meet and greet at the store on the 5th and I need someone to be here to open and close that night."

"Get Mark to open," I whined.

"He's out of town til that night."

"Fine," I sighed with an eyeroll, "I'll take a red eye."

"Thank you."

I hung up my phone to look at the two men sitting there, looking a bit down about me leaving early after tomorrow's game but I needed the money and Lucas had a point. Just I wasn't ready for what was about to happen on the 5th.