The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Mistake

Game 4 finally approached on the 4th of June. I spent most my morning away from the team and Jonathan, trying to switch my flight times to an earlier one than what was planned before. My plane was now leaving at 10 pm, Philly time which meant that I was going to miss most the game.

I was devasted. I wanted to hang out with the boys after the game, watch everything go down and help Paula like I was supposed to do. But sadly my fate had other options for me, ones including me on being home sooner than expected.

I told Paula about the situation whom I thought would be pissed about me leaving early but she wasn't. Instead she was sad I had to go since I was the only other girl around for her to talk to really but someone had to open Empire and close tomorrow.

I finished packing my bag with everything I brought when I heard a knock at my door. I fixed my Toews jersery that Adam had threw at me yesterday while walking quickly to the door. I opened it to see Jonathan standing there.

"Hey," I smiled weakly at him, "Sorry I can't be here tonight."

"It's ok," He shrugged.

"I wish I was," I moved so he could walk into the room then shut the door behind him, "I really want to but you know how things go. You think you've got everything under control and then something comes up."

"I guess I'm not the only one with a crazy schedule huh?" He smiled lightly while taking a seat on my bed.

"Nope," I shook my head, turning my back to unplug my phone and place it my back pocket.

"Nice jersey."

I turned around to blush a bit, "Oh, um, Adam and Sharpie said I needed a jersey so they bought it for me."

"It looks good on you," He smiled which caused me to turn a little pinker but I turned to face the mirror to hide my cheeks to pull up my hair.

"Thank you."

"You're cute when you blush," I heard Jonathan chuckle knowing he seen that blush I was trying to hide.

"Just you wait," I spun around to lean against the dresser to look at him, "I'll make you blush one way or another."

"I'd like to see you try," He challenged with a smirk spread across his mug.

"Oh I won't try," I moved closer to him, "It'll happen."

"When's your flight leave?" Jonathan asked changing the subject.

"10," I sighed to see it was 3 now. I've only got a few hours before I get to the airport and then head home."

"Do you got time to take a walk with me?"

"I guess," I shrugged since I did have time to spare.

"You're wearing the jersey out there?" He raised an eyebrow while standing, "People are going to hate on you."

"So?" I shrugged grabbing my room key, "I'll just have you there to protect me from anyone bad guys huh?"

"I thought you weren't the damsel in distress?"

"Save me, sir," I fake fell into his arms, "I'm so weak and defensless."

"Come on," He laughed as I opened the door but he stopped me, "Ladies first."

"Thank you," I smirked.

I never hated chivilary. I loved it. I loved when guys opened doors for you or pull your chair out or something. So many people thought it made men think of you as the weaker sex and while I wasn't the damsel in distress type, I didn't mind having guys do things for me. Sometimes I got like Rachel on Friends with getting men to do jobs for me but I never complained about it. I don't know why, it's just the way my mind ticked all the time.

Jonathan lead me down to a local park in which we walked hand in hand amongst the people for the longest time. He decided to give me a piggy back ride out of the blue which I didn't reject to. He carried me through the park, my arms around his neck, a smile plastered to his face and mine as well.

He sat me down in which I decided to run but he chased after me until I was cornered by a tree, his body pressed lightly against mine as I shifted my weight, biting my lip while looking down. Jonathan's lips caught mine in a sweet kiss which could've gotten farther if hadn't been for the disgusted parents who were walking by.

We broke away from each other, me falling into Jonathan's embrace, his warm arms falling around my hips while we walked back to the hotel room again. There were a few fans that stopped him on the way back to ask for autographs and stuff which I didn't mind it. I just stuck to the back a bit to watch him be the hockey player he is that I was slowly starting to fall for harder.

Finally before the game started, I had almost everyone in the team around my hotel room to say their goodbyes to me before heading to the arena and I'd head to the airport in a few more hours.

"I'll see you in a few days," Adam pulled me into a hug, "You be good, ok?"

"Of course," I smiled, "Good luck tonight."

"Thanks."

"No wild parties," Sharpie hugged me as I nodded.

"Same for you."

"Laters kids," Sharpie smiled which left Jonathan the last one I had to say my goodbyes to.

"Good luck," I smiled at him stuffing my hands into my pocket.

"Thanks, you two."

"My job isn't too hard tomorrow," I snickered a bit, "Just dealing with rockstars."

"Oh just kiss him already!" Kane shouted which we both laughed but blushed a bit.

"For the record, that blush was because of him," Jonathan mumbled and pointed to Patrick, the smile creeping across my face.

"I figured."

Jonathan kissed me quickly once, then twice, then finally it turned into this mini make out sesison in the middle of my room floor until someone poked my sides which I jumped at but broke away from him.

"I'll see you later," I smiled quickly while Patrick had to drag him away from me.

Once in the airport by 8, the game had already started and was being played on the TVs in the airport while I waited for my flight to leave. I was watching on edge, waiting for the Hawks to win but it wasn't going in their favor tonight. The only thing I did enjoy probably too much was when Dustin threw Chris into the boards. Sure, the cameramen and news reporters and whoever else knew it was because of the game, the other reason, well it's because Dustin was pissed at what he seen Chris had done.

I was ushered onto my plane rather quickly, still on edge since I didn't know the end score which I was hoping by some miracle that maybe we could pull off this third win and then win the cup at home. There was a guy a few seats in front of me who was listening to the game on a headseat but knowing my luck, he was probably a Flyers fan so, that ruled out avoiding a weird exchange of words.

Once the plane was in the air, all electronic devices had to be turned off for a while which didn't help my edgy-ness at all. It was hard to concentrate on anything else until I switched my phone back on to see a text from Paula telling me the Hawks lost 5 to 3. I was devasted, I mean not only was this a team I pretty much grew up on but now getting to know them, I felt like I had lost the game. But there was still hope, I just knew that they wouldn't want to talk much afterwards so I settled in for a long quiet night alone.

The plane finally landed at O'Hare, my tired body lugging itself down the terminal and to get my luggage then out to a cab. It was close to 3 am by time I finally made it to mine and Burish's place and I had no plan of sleeping here tonight. I quickly found some clothes to change into, leave-in hair conditioner, my Britney Spears Curious perfume, extra make up, and Advil since I knew I probably was going to get a headache at some point in time tomorrow.

Driving my car back to Empire, it was cold for the night but I kept my windows open, letting the cool air hit my face to wake me back up. I parked behind the building then headed in through the backdoor, set the alarm again, then crashed on the backroom sofa. I found my tired body falling into a deep sleep, which was soon woken up to by someone shaking me lightly.

"Don't fucking touch me," I mumbled into the cushion, hearing Mark chuckle to himself.

"I let you sleep in til 8," He sat on the arm rest, "Someone looks like they had a rough night."

"Dude," I groaned giving him a look as I sat up, "I was on a plane last night, it landed, I came home, found my shit, came into work and crashed by like 4 on this spot. So ta-da, running on 4 hours of sleep right now."

"Well," Mark shrugged a bit, "Lucas said the band's coming in about an hour and people are already lining up outside."

"Can you handle them outside?" I looked at him as he nodded, "Good because I so want to fix my make up and everything."

That being said, Mark left me alone in which I finished getting ready in like half an hour. Most that time was spent trying to hide the bruises that were darker than before since they were finally starting to show themselves. I slipped out of the Toews jersey to put on a black Blackhawks baby doll shirt then pulled my brown and red hair back into a messy pony tail. I hooked my name tag to my jeans belt loop then took a deep breath to head out to the main part of the store where newbies were discussing how exciting it was that the band was coming. A few of them babbling about how they wanted to sleep with the band members when I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh please," That female voice came over the others, "If anyone's sleeping with any band members, it'll be Jonathan Cook sleeping with the lovely Blaze Chasez."

"Gina?" My eyes lit up as she ran over to me to hug me, "Oh my god, what are you doing here?"

"Well, Lucas had a meeting with Joe and they mentioned something about you being the only sane one here so here I am," She smiled breaking away from me.

"Thanks and no, I'm not sleeping with any band members," I glared at her while we to the backroom to find things to set up.

"Says who?" She put her hands on her hips as I stopped to look at her.

"Says the girl who's seeing someone else at the moment," I mumbled which was probably too much for her since she'd get all girlie about it.

"Aww, who is it?"

"No one."

"Blaze, come on," She pleaded at me.

"Nope."

"What's he do?"

"I knew I shouldn't of told you," I mumbled while grabbing one end of a table as she took the other, "He's a hockey player."

"No way," She smiled, "As in pro hockey?"

"Yes."

"What team?"

"The Blackhawks," I rolled my eyes, "Can we just not talk about it now?"

"Of course," She smiled as we finished setting up.

Soon, the place was set for the band to arrive not less than an hour later. There were so many people, it was crazy. The band soon took a lunch break in the backroom at two, whom I found quite entertaining since they were immature like me.

"So Blaze," Jonathan looked at me as I organized some paper work for today.

"What?"

"You look so bored," He smiled as I shook my head.

"I'm working."

"Come on, you can take a break," He smiled at me as I walked over to Jonathan Cook as his pearly whites shone through, "Now that won't do."

"What are you talking about?" I questioned as he motioned for his lap, "No."

"Please?" He pouted like a puppy dog as I sighed and sat on his lap to find it rather comfortable, "See, no harm in that."

"Yeah until you try to make a move on me," I scouffed as his arms went around his waist.

"Now, why would I do that?"

"Because, girls swoon over you," I rolled my eyes, "Sorry, so not going to blow you just because you're in a band."

"I like this girl," Kyle smiled as I heard them all laugh.

"Don't worry I'll tell your boyfriend that it as just innocent."

"I don't have a boyfriend," I half glared since it was the truth, nothing was official yet.

"Oh," He looked surprised, "Dating?"

"You could say that," I shrugged.

"So he wouldn't mind me asking you to dinner, would he?"

"He would," I heard from the door to see the other Jonathan, my Jonathan standing there, half tired but in the store.

"Tazer," I stood up quickly, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to surprise you," He glared at me to look at the band, "I see I did that."

"It's not what it looks like, I was just-"

"Don't," He warned but I didn't protest to it.

"Jonathan, come on," I looke at him as he walked off but I followed, "Will you just listen to me?"

"Blaze, just don't. Not right now." He shook his head to head outside as Patrick Kane looked at me with a sad look.