The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Honor

"Blaze?" Gina waved a hand in front of my face, "Hello? Blaze, are you there?"

"Oh, sorry," I shook my head at her, "What's up?"

"You were thinking about him, weren't you?" Gina asked while we sat at the regristers as the new people cleaned. It was good to be able to use our senoirity over them, especially when it came to just taking people for people's purchases.

"Who?" I played innocent as she gave me that look.

"You know who I'm talking about. That tall, total babe hockey player that to talk to you yesterday. So what's his name?"

"You don't know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not into sports," She shrugged, picking at the hem of her shirt.

"That was Jonathan Toews and you might not want to say that you don't know who he is, being in Blackhawks terrority right now."

"I guess I'll have to stick close to you then, huh?" She smirked as two of our "co-workers" if you could call them that, snickered while walking past me.

They were probably two of the biggest gossipers that we had, Lucas hired them for summer help and they hardly came in to do their job so I didn't take the liberty to learn their names for good reasons too. I tried to ignore them, but they kept looking at something in a paper than back at me. Finally I couldn't take it anymore as I snapped my attention to them.

"Do you two have a problem or something?" I glared at them as the blond smirked at me.

"I didn't know you worked as a Coyote," She smiled at me which I felt my heart stop and swallowed hard.

"What are you talking about?"

"I wonder if your so-called friends know about your other job?" She chuckled as I took the paper from her hands but a smile still played at her lips, "I wonder if your obsession with Jonathan Toews would like to hear about it?"

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes scanning the paper that she was reading, "He wouldn't give you the time of day."

She scouffed then went to walk off with her friend, to which Gina looked over my shoulder of the paper. It was on page two, some article talking to the Flyers which the writer talked to Chris Pronger, not knowing anything that was happening between us but now it was all out on the table.

"My ex-girlfriend is from Chicago," Chris Pronger details, "She works at the Coyote Ugly bar here. I remember being gone and she'd tell me about the town and Blackhawks games they'd show. Blaze [Chasez] loves them but I never found them as a threat."

He went on to talk about me now working at Empire for some odd reason to which I slammed the paper down to look at the crowded streets of the town, feeling suffocated by everything around me all the sudden. I didn't know what to do, I wanted to keep that side of me hidden from everyone, making it easier to forget about what I did to make a little extra cash. Sure it was stripping, but it was close enough in some people's eyes. It was just the kind of thing I didn't want to fall into public eye, much like I hadn't taken Chris to court for beating the piss out of me and trying to rape me.

"Blaze," Gina spoke softly as I shrugged her off.

"Tell Lucas, I went home sick."

"Are you sure, I mean-"

"I can't be here right now," I shook my head, feeling the tears come to my eyes, "Please, just tell him, I got sick, ok?"

"Ok," She smiled lightly as I headed out the door to my car, then down to my old apartment where I knew he would be.

The front desk clerk gave me a key which I used to throw the door open to find Chris sitting there with three of his teammates and some girls around the living room. Oh yeah, he so wanted to get back with me.

"Blaze, sweetheart, babe," He started with a smile at me but my pissed expression didn't change, "What's up?"

"Don't what's up me," I glared at him, throwing the article at him, "You asshole."

"You mean you didn't like my little interview?" He smirked as I wanted to smack him but knew that wouldn't be wise.

"What the hell is your problem?" I crossed my arms at him as he stood up to walk towards me.

"I'm sorry," He reached out for me but I shook him off.

"Don't touch me!"

"Come on, let's talk," He whispered quietly as I followed him to our, I mean my old bedroom.

"I told you to leave me alone," I fumed at him, "Now you've gone and done this shit! Chris, what the hell is your problem? Do you need help? I mean, I can find you some help."

"I don't need help," He snapped at me as his mood swings and attitude made me want to just smack him with something.

"Chris, do you want me to take out a restraining order on you?" I raised an eyebrow, "Because this has gone far enough. I'm tired of it. I told you to let me go, leave me alone, but you're just not getting it."

"Don't," Chris drew out, "don't get a restraining order."

"Great excuse as to why not," I rolled my eyes, when I felt myself being pushed into the wall, "Chris."

"Don't drag my name down with you, do I make myself clear?" He questioned close to my ear which I felt him kiss.

"Fuck you," I spat in his eye which he let me out only to backhand me across the face.

"Stupid bitch!" He yelled at me without noticing a paper weight I went to pick up to throw it at his shin, "Fuck!"

I got up from my spot to head out the door as fast as I could. This day couldn't get any more worse, could it? I mean here it was, things were going so smoothly, I found that perfect guy, he was finally mine and this shit happened. It's like everytime I find something too good, something has to go wrong.

"Blaze!" I heard Sharpie call from around, "Hey Blaze, wait up!"

And yes it could get worse. I started walking faster but a 5'4" girl against two over 6'0" hockey players, wasn't happening. Before I knew it, Sharpie walked in front of me and Burish was behind me, tugging on my arm.

"Hey, where are you going in such a hurry?" Sharpie asked with a smile as I didn't look at him.

"Home, just let me go," I mumbled my eyes glued to the spot on the ground.

"Hey," Sharpie smiled at me, lifting my face, "We can--Blaze, what happened?"

"Nothing," I pushed his arm away, "Just don't worry about it."

"Blaze," Sharpie looked at me, "Who-"

"You seen him again didn't you?" Adam tensed as I snapped towards him.

"You didn't hear what he said about me, what he put out in the papers about me."

"We did," Sharpie looked down as my heartbroke.

"I swear I wanted to tell you guys," I looked between the two of them, "But I was thinking that maybe, just maybe if I kept a secret from everyone, got away from it quietly, it'd go away."

"But you told Chris?" Adam questioned as I nodded.

"I didn't want to," I sniffled, "He found out because him and a few friends came into the bar one night and seen me there. We fought about it then, well made up but I didn't think he'd drag my name into the media like this."

"But you didn't have to go see him," Sharpie pointed out.

"I know but I wasn't thinking," I shook my head looking down a bit, "I just let my emotions get the best of me. I wasn't thinking straight. I'm so stupid."

"Hey," Sharpie hugged me quickly, "You're not stupid."

"I am," I nodded while he wouldn't let me go.

"No, you're not," He rubbed my back to pull away from me than look at Adam, "Take her back to the apartment." Sharpie handed some keys to Adam as my mouth fell open.

"Wait, Patrick, what are you going to do?" My eyes went wide as he started walking the direction I just came.

"No one deserves to be hit that like," He mentioned quietly as I wanted to stop him but looking at Adam and feeling the pain in my face, I didn't.

Adam took me back to our place, helping me clean up the freshly made blood trail and get some Advil for my face. I sat on the couch, just waiting for Patrick to come back, half worried about if he was ok, if Chris or his team mates called the cops, anything. Adam didn't say much, he just sat with me in silence which is what I needed right now. A few minutes later, Patrick walked back through the door, a slighty bruise under his eye and ruffled hair but other than that, he looked ok.

"Sharpie?" I questioned as he sat in a chair across from me.

"He knows not to mess with you now," He huffed a bit while I gave a smile.

"What'd you do?"

"I gave him a taste of his own medicine," He shrugged, smirking at the thought, "I told him to stay away from you and leave you alone. Not to mention that if he tried something with you again, the entire team would be on him and it'd be a living hell."

"Thank you," I smiled at him as the room got quiet again, "Hey, it's game four tonight. Are you guys stoked?"

"Hell yeah," Adam smiled at me widely, "It's hometown ice, we have the advantage."

"I know you do," I smirked at them, "You're so going to beat their asses."

"So hey," Sharpie mentioned, "I heard your day was eventful yesterday."

"By who?" I questioned looking at them.

"The radio station kept mentioning where Forever the Sickest Kids were for their signing."

"Oh yeah," I nodded then got a smirk on my face, "My boyfriend wasn't too pleased with that one."

"Why?" Sharpie asked but Adam's shocked face made me laugh.

"Sharpie, you just asked her why and she said she had a boyfriend, which she didn't have the other day," Adam shook his head to look at me, "Who?"

"Wow, I thought you'd guys know by know," I stuck my tongue out at them to see the eye rolls happening again, "Captain Serious is no longer off the market."

"Nuh uh?" Sharpie smiled at me, "You mean the man's who's about to walk up here in about-" He paused to look at his watch, "5 minutes is your boyfriend?"

"He's coming here?" I questioned feeling my heart beat faster as they nodded.

"With Kaner," Adam added.

"He can't see me like this," I stood up quickly to go find some make up when the two men went to stop me.

"Blaze," Adam mentioned for my doorway, "He deserves to know now."

"No," I shook my head, "He'll be pissed I even talk to him."

At that exact moment, the door buzzed in which Adam and Sharpie left me to get the door, letting me finish my make up. I just fixed the smeared eyeliner since Adam was right, he deserved to know. I was tired of hiding secrets from him, so I'd come clean about the Coyote Ugly job if he hadn't already read the article. Quickly stepping out of my room, I seen Jonathan and Patrick happily talking with the guys but that changed once Jonathan seen my face.

His smile fell to a frown as the rest of them got silent, "We need to talk."

I nodded but lead him to my room which my heart felt like a dead weight since I hated hearing those words from anyone, especially him.