The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

I Recognize That I Am Damaged

"What's up?" I questioned while hoped that he wasn't going to yell at me or something.

"Do you still work at Coyote Ugly?" He cut to the chase quickly which I shook my head at him.

"I quit the day before game one. Pretty much once Paula told me when I was going, I told them I had enough."

"Then why is it in the papers?"

"Because Chris is being an ass," I rolled my eyes to sit on my bed with a slight heaviness to it, "I wanted to tell you. I was going to, just not that way."

"When?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "After we've been together for a while. You know, just casually mention it or something."

"You could've said something earlier."

"I wanted it to go away," I rolled my eyes at him, "I didn't want to take the job but at the time, money was tight and it brought in enough to help with rent and bills. And school cost so much." I shook my head at the throught for a second. "It's not like I was a stripper or anything. I didn't start dancing there all the time. When I did work there, I was mostly bartender until the old manager left then this new one came in."

"A bartender?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

I stood up to walk over to him to wrap my arms around his neck but he didn't show me any sort of emotion back.

"Yes. I always got out of dancing," I smiled hoping he'd give in but he still stood like a statue. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. Maybe I should of, but that's not the point anymore. I mean you're not going fight about something as small as this are you?"

"You could've told me," He pouted but I just smirked moving closer to his lips.

"Stop pouting, you'll get wrinkles."

"God," He mumbled as I chuckled.

"I know that's what I'll make you scream." I heard him let out an aggrivated sigh but ignored it to kiss his lips quickly.

He didn't respond back which I figured he was still pissed at me but I started my trail of kisses across his jawline line, feeling him shut his eyes lightly to each kiss. I knew he wasn't going to be able to hold back much longer now. I could feel his hands move up my sides slowly, my lips finding their way back to his in which he finally kissed back, making my heart skip that beat that I wasn't used to with a guy anymore. It's like with him, that spark would come back that was always missing.

He broke away from me to rest his forehead against mine, lost in our own thoughts and company. His fingers slowly ran up and down my backbone, causing me to shiver slightly but I enjoyed it.

"I know I'm damaged," I whispered in our silence, seeing the small pull at the corner of his lips.

"We all our," His lips mumbled back, my tears reaching my eyes at thinking of what happened to me.

"Stay with me?"

"Always," He smiled lightly, my lips closing the gap when there was a knock at my door.

"Blaze?" I heard Adam to which the door pushed slightly open, holding my cell phone that was charging, "I hate to interput but Paula's on the phone."

"Ok," I nodded reluctantely breaking away from Jonathan to get my phone. "Hello?"

"Blaze, hey are you doing anything right now?" Paula questioned as I looked at Jonathan.

"Um, sorta. Why? What's up?"

"Do you think you can come out to the studio and help me with some interviews and things?"

"Um," I drew out thinking, biting my lip as Jonathan shrugged at me, "I guess so."

"Great," I could tell she was smiling like crazy, "I need the help."

"Hey," I thought for a second, "Do you mind if I bring a friend who's in town for a few days? She's not big into hockey but I kinda want her to get into it."

"Sure. We could show her around town and the fans and stuff."

"Great," I smiled at her.

"Hey, who exactly answered your phone?" She questioned.

"My roommate I moved in with," I quickly rushed out, "I gotta go. I'll see you soon."

I hung up the phone to look at Jonathan who was most likely listening to the conversation or what he could hear of it.

"Looks like I've got to leave you," I stuffed my phone in my pocket to look at him.

"I guess so," He shrugged with me walking past him, bumping into his shoulder slightly, him taking my hand as I flashed him a smile, "Come on."

We both walked out into Adam's living room, and well mine but it was still thinking of it like that, hand in hand as he went to sit on the couch but I had to find my keys which Sharpie dangled in the air.

"Thank you," I took the keys out of his hand to look around to see if I need anything, "I'll see you guys tonight. Good luck."

"Thanks," I heard them all smile as I walked over to Jonathan to straddle his lap then lean down to him, "And you, I'll see you after the game. Good luck."

I kissed his lips quickly, hearing the chorus of "awws" coming from the guys, which I knew was annoying Jonathan but didn't care. I just smiled then headed to the door to head back to Empire to pick up Gina, now wearing my Toews jersey again just because now I felt like it.

She got in the car with me, as I made my way through the countless amounts of traffic that happened to be flowing since it was getting closer to quitting time or other people's lunch time.

Lunch. Something I forgot to eat admist all the drama happening in my life. My stomach growled but I was hoping ot hold off until later. Not that I could eat too close to game time anyways since I'd be on edge the entire time.

"So," Gina smiled at me, "Tell me more about this hockey player of yours?"

"Jonathan?" I raised an eyebrow at her, "What about him?"

"Are you two serious?" She questioned.

"Meaning?"

"Have you, you know-" She hinted at which I blushed.

"We've only kissed," I shifted in my seat as she giggled.

"But you've thought about it?"

"No."

"Yes you have," She smirked as I rolled my eyes at her.

"Dude, you're annoying the crap out of me right now."

"Blaze," She warned with a smile.

"Fine," I sighed giving her an eye roll, "I have ok? But we haven't been together that long for me to want to take it that far."

"Aww, that's so cute," She smiled at me, "You'll have to introduce me formally to him."

"No, because you'll ask him a million and one questions and try to embarass me."

"I will not," She smiled at me, "I'll be good."

"After the finals are over," I nodded at her, "That way he'll be less stressed. Trust me, you'll think he's an ass now."

"I'll hold that to ya," She smiled.

The rest of the drive there, we talked about bands, music, who Joe and Lucas were trying to book for signing autographs at the stores and everything. It was pretty uneventful driving there since to me, it was all normal with construction, detours, and all that. It just took a bit to find a spot in the garage and walk to the studio.

Once at NBC 5, I headed up the numerous flights of stairs, having people on the floor I finally wanted, giving me strange looks. Ones that I normally never got but there was something different in the air. Something that felt like a ton of tension between everyone here towards me. I had to avoid their stares as I finally found Paula at her desk.

"Dude, why's everyone giving me strange looks?" I questioned as she slid the newspaper article over to me which I thought I was done with but rolled my eyes. "I don't work there anymore."

"Are you sure?" She questioned as I nodded.

"I'm not even dating him anymore," I glared at the name, "Chrissy Pronger's an ass and is trying to ruin shit for me."

It was that moment that Paula looked up at my face, then made connections as her mouth dropped open, "Oh my god, did he?"

"Not a word to anyone, do I make myself clear?" I questioned as she nodded. "It's taken care of, don't worry."

"No wonder you can't stand him," She mumbled as I took a seat at the chair.

"Still why are they all staring at me like that?"

"Some of the guys are thinking of you working at a job like Coyote Ugly," Paula smirked at me, "The others think you're rooting for the Flyers."

"Um, hell no," I rolled my eyes at her, "I'm hoping the Hawks kick their asses."

"Ok, ok," She put up her hands with a smile, "No need to explain to me. I know who's side your on."

"Thanks," I smiled at her, "Oh, Paula, this is Gina, Gina, Paula."

"Hey," She smiled at her, shaking her hand, "I've just got a few things to work on and then they wanted me to go talk to some fans before the game."

"Cool," I nodded hearing my phone ring but ignoring it. "Just as long as we can get something to eat."

"Of course," She smiled at me as I helped her work on some of the interviews before she grabbed her keys, and a cameraman to head out to the street below us.