The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Pull Me Under

The ringing to All Time Low "Toxic Valentine" wouldn't stop, no matter how much I tried to ignore it. It was my default ringtone at the time since I was too lazy to assign anyone a certain one. Paula was busy talking to fans but I knew she could hear the phone, everyone could.

Finally I snapped and answered the stupid ringing thing, "What?"

"I can see you," Patrick chuckled into the phone as I stopped to roll my eyes and look around.

"What are you talking about?"

"Across the street. I'm with Versteeg at the Starbucks."

"And?" I drew out.

"Come over and talk to us," He waved at me.

"Kaner, I swear to god," I huffed walking across the street without saying anything to anyone, "And Jonathan gets annoyed with me because?"

"I know something you don't know," He taunted which I rolled my eyes again but walked into the store.

I spotted him sitting at the table with Kris, not knowing I was close to them, then smacked him across the back of the head to hear him wince.

"Ouch! Abuse!" He shouted playfully as I rolled my eyes at him.

"What'd you want?" I sat in a chair, stealing a drink off Kris'.

"Nice jersey," Patrick smiled at me to which I sat back annoyed.

"Dude, I'm working out there. Get to why you called me and were probably calling me."

"See, I told you she's been hanging out with Tazer too much," Patrick smirked at Kris who chuckled.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, feeling butterflies at the mention of his name.

"There really was no point," Patrick shrugged, "You just looked bored across the street with the news crew."

"That's besides the point," I slumped back in the chair, "Shouldn't you guys be going to that game of yours soon?"

"We do," Kris smiled at me, "But we hardly get to talk to you without the captain around."

"No, you don't-" I stopped to think for a second when I realized that, "Oh my god, you guys need to space my time apart from him a bit."

"It's cute," Kris shrugged with a smile, "I've never seen him like this with a girl who's annoyed him 9 times out of 10."

"Thanks. Way to make me feel special," I mumbled to which Kaner laughed.

"You're like Burish only in girl form."

"I think that's why we get along so well," I smiled at the idea since we were, "And both can kick some ass."

"Huh?" Kris looked at me.

"Pronger, after that game in Philly or whenever it was. I beat the shit out of him and it felt good," I smiled while looking down at the bruises leaving my knuckles, "he deserved it. Not to mention Sharp's beating he gave him earlier."

"Oh," He nodded.

"Oh yeah," Patrick snapped back reality when I mentioned Adam and everything, "Adam said he's going to take you out tonight after the game and get you drunk."

"Um, why? And dude he can call me."

"He probably was since you weren't answering your phone," Patrick pointed out to which I mentally slapped myself, "But he said because with all this stuff happening, you haven't just let go or anything."

"Because there's nothing wrong."

"Blaze, come on," Patrick gave me a look as I stood up.

"I'll see you guys tonight. I gotta get back to work."

I headed back outside, half annoyed that they didn't really have a reason for calling me over to them and half wondering why it felt like they were hiding something from me. Was it something with Jonathan? Something with Chris? I don't know, but if Patrick was serious about Adam wanting to take me out for drinks, I think I'd have to accept since my mind was too busy swimming in a million different directions. I just wanted to be able to forget about it.

But now, now my mind was dead set on the game that was about to happen. I left Gina back at Empire who turned it to the game station since now she was stoked since all the hype she heard earlier. It made me smile, I made her fall in love with a sport just because of fan talk. That and because I think she wanted to see my boyfriend in action.

The streets were flooded with Hawks colors as Paula's car made it's way to the United Center for Game Five of the Finals on that Sunday evening. I don't know why but I foiund myself stoked about the game more than usual. I've been following the Blackhawks for a while but there was something different about tonight. I could feel it in the air.

As I watched the game on the edge of my seat, the boys had hometown ice advantage over the Flyers which was proving to be in their favor since they were beating them. A few times it was close but by time the end score came to an end, the crowd roared at the huge defeat over the Flyers. That was something I'll always loving hearing, the fans that I was a part of and always will be that gave them that energy on the ice.

Soon after, Paula had drug me towards the changing rooms since she had to talk to some players and everything. This time, I opted to head into the room with her since last time I didn't and it was home, things didn't go so well.

While they were still celebrating but mostly changed, Paula grabbed a few players to talk to and the coach whlie I snuck off to go find the one person I'd been dying to see. Paula still wasn't aware that I was with him, I don't think many people were but I liked it that way, less attention on us and wanting to know what was going on.

"Hey," I smiled, leaning against a wall looking at him pull a shirt over his head, "Congratulations."

"Thank you," He smiled at me before walking over to me then leaning in to give me a quick kiss.

"One more game," I smiled at him.

"Don't remind me," He rolled his eyes, "I swear, it's like I can't breath with all this tension."

"I'm sorry," I slowly draped my arms over his shoulders to run my fingers through his now cleaned hair, "If it makes you feel any better, I understand."

"It does a bit," He smiled lightly, his deep eyes stopping on mine, "Blaze?"

"Hmm?" I mentioned not wanting that perfect silence to ruin anything right now.

"If we win-"

"When," I smiled and corrected him, "When you win."

"Will you join me out on the ice?" He questioned as I racked my brain for a bit.

"That means people will see us."

"Possibly."

"Give me some time to think, ok?" I nodded as he got silent but I kissed his lips, "Hey, stop being so serious. I like you and I liked what we have, I just don't want anyone to mess it up."

"I understand."

"Good," I smiled then did the one thing I'd been wanting to do all day. I pressed my lips to his, waiting for his lips to slowly part as I slid my tongue into his mouth which he was shy about at first but I found that he was trying to battle for dominance with mine.

"I didn't know Tazer had game?" Dustin chuckled from the doorway, while the others were smiling around us.

"It's a little awkward, isn't it?" Duncan questioned to which I didn't want to break away from him but flipped him off.

"We should," Jonathan whispered as I nodded, moving away from him slightly even though I really didn't want to.

"You idiots just can't let me have my moment, can you?" I questioned when Adam walked into the room.

"Not when you're coming with me," Adam smirked as he pulled me out of the room and out to his car that was now waiting.

On the way to this club thing, it was decided that Adam wasn't going to drink much since he agreed to keep an eye on me. I told him, I wasn't drinking much either just because I'd probably have to go to Empire in the morning or woke on something with Paula and wanted to be able to function properly without the migraine.

It wasn't that bad of a deal too since, the club was fun, Adam had a few fans around talking, hanging out, the usual. We had been there for a couple hours, we were both starting to get tired and Adam no longer drinking was about to take me back home, right after he used the bathroom. He didn't want to leave me alone, but I didn't feel like standing outside the bathroom to wait for him either, so he had a few girls that were hanging out around us, watch me.

I had only two drinks already but they were currently trying to get me to drink one more before I left.

"Come on," The girl smiled at me, while looking at something over my shoulder but I had no idea what it was, "Just one more drink."

"I can't, really. I have to get back home and then head to work in the morning."

"It's just one," She smiled at me while someone brought over the pina colada, "You'll be fine to head to work."

"Ok, fine," I smiled taking the glass from her, "Bottoms up."

I knew I probably shouldn't of drunk it but after drinking my other two out of a straw, I had a bit of a buzz so things felt fuzzy. And I knew I shouldn't of either since Adam said he was coming back but as I sat there, it felt like time ticked on slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. It was louder than what I remembered. The sounds made my head hurt as I slowly opened my eyes to sit up. It was still dark, but when my eyes adjusted to the light around me, I wasn't at home, I wasn't anywhere that I knew. My phone stopped for a second then two minutes later it started back up.

My eyes focused more on the room around me. I was in a hotel room, but where, I had no clue. The alarm clock next to the bed read 2:46 AM, when I felt a slight draft go over my body. I stretched but then realized that, that draft was because I had no clothes on. My heart stopped, my mind raced.

My clothes were in a pile next to the bed which I carefully pulled back on then looked to the moving mass that was laying next to me. I silently prayed that it was Adam, making this less awkward like maybe I got too wasted and he took me to a hotel to let me sober up. That had to be it, right?

The person moved in the dim lighting of the room in which I seen Chris, a smile spread on his face with closed eyes, his clothes laying next to mine. I felt sick.

I quickly ran out of the hotel room, trying to figure out where I was through the tears that threatened to fall. I noticed that I was now at the Trump Hotel on North Wabash, at least I knew where I was at now.

My phone rang again, this time i looked down to see it was Adam.

"Hello?"

"Blaze!" He rushed out in relief, "Oh my god, where are you? I've been looking for you forever."

"North Wabash," I whispered slightly.

"North Wabash? What are you doing there?" I heard him questioned as I went to sit on a curb outside the hotel, my tears slipping out of my eyes.

"Can you please just come get me?" I sniffled.

"What happened? Are you ok?"

"No," I wiped my eyes, feeling worse by the minute, "I'm so sorry."

"Blaze, sweetheart," I heard Adam whispered but I could hear him walking too, "Calm down, deep breaths. I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Thank you," I sniffled as a I hung up the phone to let my head fall on my arms that were resting on my knees and let my sobs escape my lips.

In a matter of a few days I had managed to get the one guy who made my world stop, made me complete, and in a matter of a few hours at a bar, I somehow managed to let it all go. I had found myself messing everything up this time and the worst part is, I couldn't even remember anything happen, except for Adam leaving to the bathroom before we left and I woke up here.