The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Step Right Up

The locker room had been a buzz with celebrations of the Stanley Cup win. Champagne was being sprayed, it was being drunk. It was crazy but I found myself joining in with the guys and getting soaked by a bottle of champagne by Burish then Versteeg. I was soaked head to toe by it, as I now had lost Paula but didn't care.

There was a tug at my hand, then a force pulling me out of the room to a more quiet and less populated area way from press and media to which I finally seen Jonathan's face meet mine. His expression was happy yet concerned as he pulled me into a shower area where there was no one at right now. The champagne was had drenched me was dripping off my neatly kept hair, as he pushed a strand out of my face.

"Sorry for the location but this is the only place I could talk to you alone," He stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"It's fine," I shrugged, "So?"

"I listened to all your voicemails," He shrugged with a sligh playing on the edge of his voice, "I know you didn't mean to do what you did."

"I didn't," I shook my head, "Trust me. If I could take it back, then I would. I'd take back meeting him any day anymore. But you, I wish it would've been you I met when I met him instead. I meant every word, what I said, you make my life complete."

I could hear Red Jumpsuit Apparatus's song "Step Right Up" starting to playing in the background in which for some odd reason we got silent as the lyrics seemed to decribe our entire relationship right now. It was true that when I heard his voice, I always seemed to find my problems go away and I'd give in to him.

I heard Jonathan chuckle as he leant against the wall as he looked at me, "It's crazy."

"What?" I questioned, hearing the song come to an end now.

"That song describes exactly us right now. I didn't think a song could actually do that."

I smirked as I moved closer to him, "It happens. It's just with us, it happened to be a song by a totally killer rock band."

"I am grateful that you walked into my life," He took my hand, pulled me into him as I nodded.

"I am too," I smiled as his fingers played with mine.

"Fly back with me," He mentioned as I watched someone walk by.

"You know Paula bought my ticket."

"Please," He kissed my knuckles lightly, our eyes flickering to each other, "Tell her you changed flights."

"I guess she won't miss me that much," I smiled as he chuckled.

"Just, can you do me one favor?"

"What?"

"Take action against Chris," he sighed, "take him to court, do something so he won't hurt you again."

"Ok," I nodded as he ran his thumb down my cheek and moved to kiss me but I stopped him, "Wait."

"What?"

"What are we? Are we single again? Dating? Hating each other?"

"I'd like to think you're still my girfriend," He smiled, waiting for me to smile back which I tried to hide but it crept up, "I see you still like that idea."

"We're crazy you know that right?" I mumbled with a smile, his smile showing through.

"I know."

Jonathan's lips reached mine as I smiled into his the kiss, feeling happy for the first time in the past couple days and finally hungry but I didn't feel like eating.

The two of us headed back to the party that was going on in the locker room. Time seemed to fly by with everyone still celebrating the win but we had to get back to Chicago for the parade on Friday. Once the media left after a while, Queneville got us all settled down and onto a bus to head to the plane. It was there that I finally felt how tired I had been from the lackof sleep as I tried to get comfortable on the chair but it wasn't working.

Jonathan took my pillow and placed it on his lap as he motioned for me to lay down on it. My head hit the pillow, ear buds in to drown out the sounds of the celebrating players while Jonathan's fingers moved through my hair. My eyes slowly started to fall heavy and before I knew it, I was dead asleep.

The next thing I knew was, I was being carried out of a car up a few flights of stairs and moving through a door. I knew it wasn't mine and Adam's place just by the stairs I was being carried up. I felt myself being placed on a bed, my eyes fluttering open slightly to see Jonathan taking off his shirt and slowly unbuttoning his jeans. It was then I realized that I was at his place.

My heels were off my feet as he went to leave when I decided to speak, "Don't go."

"Blaze," He jumped slightly, "You need sleep."

"So do you," I smiled moving up slightly so I was propped on an elbow.

"I was going to take the couch."

"This is your place," I shook my head, "You don't have to."

"I-"

"Please, just stay with me," I mentioned as I watched his chest move up in down in thought as he walked back over to me to lay down next to me.

I snuggled close to him, his arms finding a way to go around me, my eyes finally shutting again. The two of us woke up sometime later to the sounds of birds chripping and sun shining through the window. I covered my eyes slightly as I turned to have Jonathan to shift next to me. I turned to look at him, his eyes still slightly shut as I placed a sweet kiss on his forehead to see them slowly open.

"Good morning," I smiled at him as he smiled back at me.

"Good morning. What time is it?"

"It's-" I looked over my shoulder at his alarm clock, "11 am."

"I guess we were tired huh?" He smiled as I nodded at him, "You hungry?"

"A bit," I shrugged.

"Come on," He slowly started to stand up to take my hand, "I'll cook you breakfast."

"I'm the cullinary arts major, shouldn't I be cooking for you?" I smirked following him out to his kitchen.

"Another day," He smiled still wearing just boxers and slightly messy hair.

I sat at his table, watching him gather ingrediants for pancakes, not saying much to each other. There was a knock at his door which he paused his cooking to answer it. He let in Kaner and Versteeg who smiled at him then noticed me sitting at the table now too.

"Hey," Patrick sat next to me, "I see the two of you are ok now?"

"Yeah," I sighed with a smile watching him.

"I'm going to get dressed," Jonathan walked over to me to kiss me, "I finished the pancakes, so if you're hungry eat."

"Alright," I smiled as I went to get some food but was half nervous about eating them in front of the guys.

As I sat back down in the chair, I got a text from Gina who wanted to know if I was home since she found a new boyfriend and he was a hockey player too. She said I had to meet him sometime to which I nodded but sent her an "ok."

"Who was that?" Patrick asked, Jonathan walking back out into the kitchen on his phone.

"Gina," I shrugged taking a bite of food, "She's got some new boyfriend already, who's a hockey player too."

"That was quick," Patrick laughed as I nodded.

"Girl just learnt about hockey from me and she's already dating a hockey player."

"Hopefully he's a good guy," Patrick smiled as Jonathan joined me.

"Hey, tomorrow my parents will be here," He started as I got nevrous I knew where this was going, "My mom said she wants to meet you."

"Do I have to?" I whined looking at him as he smiled.

"They're not that bad."

"Fine," I sighed at him, hoping he was right.