The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

What Happened Next?

My phone went off again, this time it was ringing and it was Gina. I debated if I should answer or not since today was the only sorta slow day before all the crazy hype started up again and my day was already half over.

"Hello?" I questioned as I sat my plate in Jonathan's sink, "What's up Gina?"

"Hey, are you and Jonathan doing anything?" She questioned as I shrugged.

"We just got in late and woke up late."

"So nothing?"

"Why?"

"I was hoping you'd want to go to lunch with me and my new boyfriend," She smiled into the phone, "You know kinda double date or something. Plus I haven't gotten the chance to meet the boy you've fallen for."

"Hold on," I sighed moving the phone to look at Jonathan. "Gina wants to know if we'll go to lunch with her and her new boyfriend today."

"Doesn't matter," Jonathan shrugged as I rolled my eyes.

"Gina," I went back to her, "I guess we'll see you then."

"Great," She smiled again, "You're going to love him."

"We'll see," I sighed as Gina told me the resturant and when to meet them.

It wasn't til like 2 that we pulled up in front of this fancy resturant which Jonathan and I weren't too sure about since we didn't plan on eating and weren't dressed for such an occasion. I mean the two of us were dressed casual mainly since half our clothes were still packed or needed washed and we haven't had time to do it.

"Is she dating a pro player?" Jonathan asked, sizing up the building.

"No clue. I honestly don't even know," I shrugged feeling his fingers lace with mine as we headed into the door.

The man at the front of the building lead us to a table where Gina and her new mystery boyfriend were at. She looked cute, a long sleeve, low cut shirt, and grey skirt. Her hair was nice and she had a smile on her face. Much different than me, my Stanley Cup Champions shirt and jeans that I was wearing right now.

"Blaze," Gina smiled as she got up to hug me, "I'm so glad you're here. How are things?"

"Tiring," I smiled at her, "Lots of plane rides and late nights lately."

"This must be Jonathan," She smiled at him as he smiled at him, "I'm Gina, the friend from New York."

"Nice to meet you," He shook her hand as she smiled.

"And congradulations on the win."

"Thank you," He smiled back at her which I knew he had some what accepted her.

"So Gina," I got her attention, "Where's your boyfriend?"

"Oh," She smiled leading me to the sit at the table now, "You're going to love him. He came into Empire that other day you went home sick. He actually had to give you a message but since you weren't there, I ended up talking to him."

"You look happy," I smiled as she stopped me and the man slowly put down the menu but I didn't look at him yet.

"I am. We got to talking, figured out we had more in common and he's been busy but we've talked every night," She smiled then looked at me, "Blaze, I want you to meet my new boyfriend, Chris-"

My eyes wandered tot he man sitting there, I couldn't believe. There was no way in hell. Did Gina know? She couldn't possibly know. She couldn't possibly know either that my boyfriend's team just kicked their asses in the last game.

"Pronger," Jonathan glared at him as Chris let out a smirk on his face.

"Toews," Gina motioned for me to sit but I was reluctant.

"Excuse me, while I talk to my friend," I smiled sweetly to grab Gina by the elbow and pull her towards the bathrooms of the resturant, leaving Jonathan alone with Chris only hoping he didn't do anything drastic.

"Gina, what the hell do you think you're doing?" I snapped in a harsh whisper as she shook out of my grasp.

"Me? Geez, what's your problem Blaze? Chris is a sweet, caring-"

"The one who gave me my bruises," I stopped her rambling as she looked at me.

"He's changed."

"He did not," I glared at her, "He fucking hit me that day he went to Empire."

"He has. He's called me everyday from the road and he's been teaching me a lot about hockey that I didn't know before."

"Like did he tell you that he is the biggest idiot in the league?" I raised an eyebrow quoting Adam now.

"He said Burish is a shit talker-"

"Adam speaks the truth," I glared at her.

"So you're going to listen to people you've barely known that long over me, whom you've known for the past 5 years."

"Seems that way."

"Fine," Gina glared at me now, "I was thinking you'd be happy for me just the way I am with you and Jonathan but I can see you're not."

"Gina," I sighed as she started to walk past me, "I want you to be happy but I also don't want you to get hurt."

"You let me handle that," She looked at me as I shook my head.

"Please be careful."

Gina ignored my pleading look as she headed back to the table to which I followed. She took a seat next to Chris, Jonathan still standing to which I took his hand.

"Come on, let's go. we've got a busy day ahead of us," I mentioned giving Chris a glare and Gina a sympathic look, "I'll see you later Gina."

"Bye Blaze," Chris smirked just as I felt Jonathan want to go after him but I stopped him to pull him out the door back to his car.

"Just who the hell does he think he is?" I rambled as Jonathan drove back to his place which I had been rambling for like 10 minutes straight now, "And Gina so stupid, she won't listen to anything like I'm making all that's happened these past couple weeks up."

"She'll learn," Jonathan watched the road as I shook my head.

"She's my friend, I don't want anything to happen to her. God, what does Chris think he's doing?" I started again when I felt Jonathan's fingers slid over to mine.

"Hey, it's not your fault," He gave me a quick smile, "You tried to talk to Gina and she didn't listen. She's old enough to make her own decisions and if something happens, you'll be there for her."

"I know I will," I sighed slumping in the seat.

"Hey, you aren't going to be grumpy are you now?" He shoved my lightly as we got closer to his place again, "I'm a Stanley Cup Champion."

"Shut up," I couldn't help but let my smirk grow, "You're back to being captain ego now, huh?"

"It's a step abover Captain Bi-Polar," He flashed me a smile as I rolled my eyes.

Once we got back to his apartment, we had a while to be to ourselves, so we ended up watching a few movies cuddling on the couch. Before I knew it, it was fast approaching 10 and I needed a shower. I sat up to stretch as Jonathan looked at me.

"Can I use your shower? I was going to at my place but since it's late I don't feel like going back. Besides I still don't have my car," I looked at him.

"I'll get you something to change into."

"Means you want me to stay, don't you?" I smirked as he got up from the couch, "Aren't we spending too much time with each lately?"

"I'm too tired to drive you back," He mumbled then went to find me a shirt and shorts of his to where.

Once he found me the clothes to change into, I headed to the shower, letting the warm water and steam wash all my stress away. I quickly got dried and redressed then went to find Jonathan. I found him in his room, checking his phone as I walked over to him.

"Hey," I spoke quickly to which he jumped but turned to look at me, "Jumpy?"

"I just didn't hear you," He shook his head as my arms crossed across my chest.

"I know, I'm sneaky," I smirked as he faced me now to run his hands down my arms, a shiver went through my body.

"Cold?"

"Not really," I watched his lips, wanting to kiss them but my mind was racing to other things.

I reached up to kiss his lips, feeling him kiss them back. Soon our tongues were battling for dominance in the middle of his room as I started to pull him to the bed. Jonathan pushed me lightly against the bed, his hands moving my his shirt I was wearing now, sending chills throughout my body. His rough hands found their way up my ribs, his left one stopping at my left breast, as the other slowly ran back down my side.

My fingers found themselves slowly running down his arms just as he pulled my shirt over his head. Seeing as it wasn't fair, I tugged at his shirt as he got the hint and pulled his shirt over his head as well. Our clothes were next to the side of the bed as his kisses started moving farther down, until they finally stopped at my hip bones, the thin fabric of his shorts being moved off my body as he did so. My nails scrapped the back of his shoulders just as his hot breath ran over my sensitive area. He placed small kisses on the inside of my thighs, earning a soft moan from my throat.

He slid his tongue in ever so gently, my fingers tangling in his hair as all I could let out were moans every time he hit that certain spot. Feeling myself get close to the edge again, Jonathan slowly moved away, took the remainder of his clothes off then got a condom to move back to me, slowly moving himself into me. Our bodies moved in rhthym with each other as I felt him move slowly at first. My hips started to move faster to which he started moving faster, causing my nails to dig into his back, our movements becoming faster as we both were about to climax.

Jonathan pulled out, to lay next to me, his arms wrapped around me, just as we were about to fall asleep.

I could hear him snore next to me but I couldn't sleep now. Not that I didn't enjoy it and wondered what it would be like but my mind kept wondering back to another questions. Was it too soon to have gone that far with Jonathan? Were things going to be awkward in the morning? My thoughts were then broken by my eyes shutting heavily in the darkness as I heard one of our phones ringing in the shadows.