The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Tattoos and Family

It's too hot. Way too hot.

Granted, I'm not wearing a hockey jersey but sitting here, hidden from cameras, amongs the guys, I wasn't feeling it. I wasn't feeling it either riding inside the bus with people I didn't know. People who would look at me strangely for finding friendship with them so late in the game.

But I wasn't like that. I wasn't just there to flirt and fuck. Had it not been for this team, sitting here, I wouldn't be where I am now. Hell, I may not even be here. I think that if they weren't in my life, I'd end up going down some darkened path which wouldn't end good.

"Blaze," Sharp looked at me, "you ok?"

"It's the heat," I shifted feeling it stick to me, "It sucks."

"Here," He grabbed a water, "Drink it slowly."

"Thank you," I smiled opening the water bottle to taste the cool water hit my lips.

"Better?"

"Eh," I shrugged feeling a slight breeze go by, "I'm a bit sore but-"

"You'll have to talk to Tazer about that one," He chuckled as I flipped him off just as the parade started.

"God, shut up," I rolled my eyes at him to which he just smirked.

"You know what you need?" Patrick took a sip off his beer.

"What?"

"A tattoo."

"I've got two."

"Trust me, you'll have time after this before dinner with his family and the team party tonight."

"You payin'?" I raised an eyebrow as he smirked.

"Of course."

"Fine," I smirked, "But nothing too crazy."

"Deal."

The rest of the parade was amazing. I loved the fans since I was still one of them. It was probably the best thing ever and seeing the streets flooded made me happy to have lived here for so long. It was epic, probably one of the best feelings in the world, despite the heat. Plus watching the guys celebrate their win made it even better.

By time we made it to the rally, there were so many people, it was unbelievable. I made my way off the bus to find Jonathan, who was busy talking to the rest of his teammates but I still pushed him slightly as he turned to face me.

"Hey," Jonathan leant in to kiss me quickly as I pulled away slightly.

"You're all sweaty," I shook my head, "It's gross."

"Same for you," He teased back.

"Only you're probably not sore like I am," I crossed my arms to have him rub his hands up and down them.

"I'm sorry," He gave me a sincere look.

"No you're not."

"I promise next time I'll take it easy on you."

"Who said there was a next time?" I half glared at him to watch him shrink back.

"I was-" I watched him stumble, "I mean, you-"

"Relax," I smiled at him, "Just as long as we're safe, it'll still happen."

"You're so mean to me," His mouth dropped open as I leant up to kiss his lips.

"Get used to it," I smirked, kissing him again, until it slowly felt like we were the only two around when I felt someone poke my sides again.

"You two seriously need to stop doing that in public," Kris smirked at us, causing us to break away from each other.

"Why?" I questioned as he looked around.

"Um, newspapers, TV cameras, family members," He listed.

"But," I pouted, "He's just so hot."

"So, I'm hot now?" Jonathan raised an eyebrow at me.

"God, no Captain Ego," I rolled my eyes moving away from him, "Sharpie's still kidnapping me but I'll be back for dinner with your family."

"But," He started as I stopped him from talking.

"I need time away from you," I smirked, "Or you'll drive me crazy."

"What if you already do?" He questioned causing me to shrug.

"That's because you know you want me."

The rest of the rally seemed to fly by quicker than what I thought it would. So much that as soon as everything was over and everyone was starting to clear out, I felt myself being thrown into a car by Adam and the door being shut by Patrick who now officially kidnapped me. Needless to say I was nervous about getting the tattoo done since I only had two and they were done by my tattoo artist at Body Art Gallery in Michigan City, Indiana and I only trusted him but I had to have some trust in my twon kidnappers now.

I was nervous at what they wanted me to get done too. I mean for all I knew, it was going to be something scary and totally creepy. I bit my lip as I slowly looked at the flash art on the walls when Adam walked up to me.

"You need something to remind you of us," Adam looked at me.

"And Chicago," Patrick added.

"Guys, I'm not leaving," I smirked at them.

"But I'm going to a free agent," Adam sighed lightly which I totally didn't understand, "Means I may not be in Chicago for another year."

"What?" I looked at him shocked, "When were you planning on telling me this?"

"Sometime," He shrugged as my heart broke again.

"Great, now I can't go to dinner with Jonathan because I'm going to be too depressed."

"Hey, none of that," Adam smiled, "I'm here right now so happy thoughts, ok? We'll talk about this more later, I promise."

"You better," I pouted looking back at the flash art when a thought ran through my head, "I know I hate it when people get names tattooed to their bodies but," I paused waiting for them to say something, "What if it meant something?"

"Who's name would it be?" Sharpie asked as I looked at them.

"The two most important saviors in my life right now. And damn good bodyguards too," I smile as I now figured out what I was going to get done.

It was perfect since they wanted something to remind me of Chicago, so I needed up getting two hockey sticks crossing, then on each side, Sharpie and Burish's name and numbers. It was pretty sweet. I mean I was always against getting a guy's name tattooed to you, anytime but this was different. It meant something along with my blue roses on my right ankle. I decided to get it done on the back of my right shoulder, which I've always wanted to get something done there anyways.

It was Sharpie's idea to add another rose to it, I was skeptical about it but by time the layout was put on and I agreed to it, the tattoo actually made sense and looked amazing. It took maybe about half an hour since he had to go over some detailing after the coloring which was the worst part but other than that, it wasn't painful. I never thought they were in the first place.

Sharpie paid the guy as I stood next to Adam, waiting for him. Sharpie came back with a smile on his face to which I had to roll my eyes just a bit.

"Lover boy's not going to like our names on your shoulder," He smirked.

"He'll deal," I shrugged, "It's not like it's his body."

"I happen to like it," Adam smiled as I smirked up at Sharpie.

"See, he likes it."

"I do too," He sighed with a smile, "Just I don't want Tazer to be mad."

"He'll get over it," I smirked at him then looked at the time, "Now come on, I've got to get to dinner with his family."

"Like you really want to," Adam laughed as I shook my head.

"No, but he insists," I sighed.

"Just don't forget to take the plastic wrap off in an hour and wash it," Sharpie smiled at me.

"I know."

Sharpie and Adam both dropped me off at the resturant where Jonathan was standing outside, dressed pretty down which made me feel better about not going home to change. I got out of the car, to walk up to him quickly to give him that quick kiss I've been meaning to the entire time since I left him again. I slide out of his arms once I broke away to entwine my fingers with his.

"They're all inside waiting," He smiled at me,"Nervous."

"Hell yes," I mumbled under my breath.

"Don't worry you'll be fine," He smiled then kissed my cheek to lead me into the resturant.

He walked up to three people standing there as I held my breath for that brief second. Ok, so it could've been a few mintues but this was a huge thing. I mean we hadn't been together that long and he's already taking me to meet his family. I wasn't ready for it but now I couldn't just runaway. It was now or never.

"Mom, dad," Jonathan cleared his throat which got the attention of two of them, "This is my girlfriend, Blaze Chasez. And Blaze, that's my mom and dad, Andree and Bryan" He pointed out as he nodded to the younger boy standing there, "and that's my brother, David."

"It's nice to meet you," I smiled as they all nodded.

"So you're the girl giving my brother so much grief," David smirked as I heard and seen everyone shoot him a look.

"Someone's got to keep his ego in line," I smiled back at him.

"He's told us so much about you," His mom smiled as I looked at Jonathan quickly.

"Not too much I hope," I smiled but hoping he didn't tell them about the Chris drama.

"Well let's eat," His mom smiled as I followed them, now feeling Jonathan become a bit uneasy for some reason.