The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Dance, Dance

Jonathan's family were nice, sure they tried to grill me on my relationship with him but it was nothing I couldn't handle. I mean it wasn't totally personal questions, so there was no having to answer the question how far we've gone, because that's kinda embarassing anyways.

I smiled as I felt Jonathan's hand slide over to my thigh to rest on it. So that's why he was so tense? He was just as nervous as I was about his family and their questions. I slowly placed my hand on top of his until our food came to the table. I was more tired than hungry, since I just wanted to fall asleep on Jonathan's shoulder but I did my best to keep awake. I knew there was talk of me going back to Canada with him but I was half spacing, trying to keep my eye lids from shutting.

As he was catching his family up on other things, I looked down to notice that I had to take the plastic off the tattoo and clean it out so I excused myself.

In the bathroom, I moved my shirt off my shoulder to smile at the art work. I half was dreading seeing Sharp and Adam's names but it made me smile. It made me feel better about everything. I carefully cleaned it off, dried it then put the Lubriderm lotion on it. I fixed my shirt to head back out to the resturant to see his family standing up.

"They're heading to do some shopping," Jonathan watched me.

"Oh," I nodded.

"They were thinking they'd come back another day and spend it with us here."

"No problem?" I shrugged as he took my hand as his family smiled at me, "It was a pleasure meeting you guys."

"You too sweetheart," His mom smiled at me, "We'll see you soon."

"Later," I smiled as I looked at Jonathan who turned towards me. I leant into him, letting my tired body just almost limp against him. "I'm so tired."

"You look it," He smiled at me, helping towards the door as my phone text went off, "Is that your phone?"

"Yeah," I sighed looking down at the number to see that Lucas sent me a text, "Damn."

"What?" Jonathan looked at me.

"Lucas sent me a text," I sighed stuffing the phone back in my pocket, "I've got to go into Empire for a few hours."

"What? No way," He half groaned as I nodded.

"Gina called off last minute. Lucas said Gina went out of town with her boyfriend," I shrugged as he gave me a look.

"Want me to go with you?" He questioned.

"It doesn't matter?" I shrugged, "I've got got some meet and greets to set up for Lucas since he's going to be on floor. It shouldn't take me but a couple hours."

"Are you sure you're going to be ok?" Jonathan wrapped his arms around me as I nodded.

"It shouldn't be too bad."

"Blaze," He looked at me, "Why don't you just tell him you can't."

"Someone's got to pay the bills."

"You live with Bur."

"So?" I shrugged with a slight glare, "I'm not mooching off him."

"Ok," he nodded placing a soft kiss on my lips, "I'll drop you off."

"What time's the team going out?" I yawned a little.

"8," He fished around his pockets to take out his keys, "Here." Jonathan took a key off a key ring to hand it to me. "I'm staying at my place the rest of the time. I'm going to find some sleep before then. Why don't you just come over after you get done?"

"Jonathan, I don't-" I looked at the key trying to figure out what he meant by this or if there was really a meeting, "What if I don't make it to your place?"

"Then when I see you again, you can give it back to me," It was now his turn to yawn, "I'll drop you off and see you soon, ok?"

I nodded as I got in his car to head to Empire. My tired body slowly moved through the store to the backroom to work on what I had to. Most the work on the meet and greets were done by Lucas, I just had to work on some promoting of them. A few weren't til July or August but one that was happening within the next week, I knew had to be Gina's doing. There in front of me sat a memo about 30 Seconds to Mars.

Sure they were touring and had a new album out and all and I loved the band but seeing Gina's note scribbled next to it, I knew her other motives. We would always have girlie conversations about who our "free pass" would be in we were ever in a relationship and come celebrity wanted to sleep with us. Mine was always Jared Leto or Jude Law but I wasn't the type of person who would walk up to them and start anything with them. It would only be a free pass if they started something. But that was just a dream, off in the distance but with Gina having some say in this, I knew she was trying to do something, either intentional or unintentional.

I finished the last flyer for the night crew to take and put up after hours and the morning crew or whoever was coming in since I was supposed to have the entire weekend off. I needed it too. I hadn't unpacked anything yet or even gotten around to washing any of my clothes, which I needed to do as well. I rubbed my eyes quickly, forgetting that I had make up on still when I groaned to see the black marks on my face.

"Blaze?" Lucas leant against the door, "Why don't you get out of here? You did quite a bit of work."

"But you called me in," I stretched, "I don't want to let you down."

"I didn't realize how tired you were," He smirked, sitting on the edge of the desk, "If I would've known, I'd do it myself."

"No, it's fine," I shook my head, "It's just a long few days."

"Which is why you should get some rest."

"I know," I sighed leaning back in the chair to look at him, "Did you meet Gina's new boyfriend?"

"Yeah," He nodded looking at me, knowing that I did date Chris, he just didn't know about the recent stuff. "Are you ok with her dating him?"

"I'm at the point in my life where I just don't care," I shook my head, running my fingers through my hair, "I tried to talk to Gina about somethings about him but she wouldn't listen."

"She's stubborn," Lucas smile, "You know that."

"I know," I looked down.

"So," Lucas cleared his throat, "Since me and Joe are the only family you really have, guess who's coming in this Wednesday."

"Nuh uh," My eyes shot up to him widely, "Joe's coming?"

"Yeah," He smiled, "And since he was, I thought what better way for your boyfriend to come and meet the family."

"Yeah," I scouffed with an eye roll, "Crazy "big brother" and over protective semi-rocker "dad" talking to the Stanley Cup Champion."

"We'll take it easy on him," He smirked as I stood up.

"I'll talk to him about it."

I grabbed the rest of my things as I headed out the door in a cab to Jonathan's apartment which I've felt like I've lived in these past couple days. So much so that I still had clothes and some make up at his place from the plane ride. Once I found his door, I stood outside it, debating if I should knock or use the key he gave me. I was unsure about the key because it just felt weird, so I ended up knocking.

I heard shifting and grumbling come from the door as it slowly opened to reveal Jonathan, no shirt, just pants, and messy hair.

"Didn't I give you my key?" He questioned with a yawn.

"You did," I nodded as he let me in, "But I felt weird about just walking into your apartment."

"Why?" He watched me as I turned around to give him the key back, "It's not like you'd be breaking or entering."

"I don't know," I shrugged watching him take the key, "It just felt awkward."

"Well awkward or not," He ran a hand over his hair, "You tired?"

"Exhausted," I let out in a sigh as he pulled me to the couch.

"I've gotten an hour already," He pulled me down to him as he wrapped his arms around me, "But you can sleep still."

"Don't leave," I mumbled, feeling my eyes grow heavy already just being next to him.

"I won't," He kissed my forehead lightly, allowing me to fall quickly into a sleep.

I woke up to the sound of something beeping. It took me a while to figure out what it was, it was Jonathan's cell phone alarm. He was warm but I could feel his arms move from around me, causing me to sit up while he turned off his phone. It was now 7:30 which gave us half an hour to change before heading out with the team.

"Feel better?" Jonathan asked watching me stretch with a yawn.

"A bit, but I'll be fine once we get out there." I smiled at him standing up to peel my shirt off my head.

His eyes watched my body, as I walked quickly past him, bumping into him slightly which shook his from his daze. I changed into some low hip huggers and a black 30 Second to Mars tank top, along with some black heels just as Jonathan changed into his street clothes. He took my hand, leading me to his car, in a comfortable yet still humid evening since the forecast was calling for storms tonight.

Once at the club, it was packed with people. I mean jam packed with people. It was insane! It still didn't take us long to find the rest of the team though, as we made our way up the stairs. The guys were mainly drinking which I didn't find interesting right now. The music pulsed through my body and standing around bored me to death, as my hips started slowly moving to the music.

I got bored with waiting to dance with someone, so I took Duncan's girlfriend and headed to our own little dance floor which wasn't much. It was fun, she was super sweet and didn't mind dancing with me. It was then when all the guys' eyes were on us, that I realized that this was probably the first time Jonathan's seen me dance.

I motioned for Jonathan to move closer to me as Dustin pushed him towards me with a smile. He slowly moved towards me, as I moved upon him. It was fun for me since I knew it was tormenting him but I was going to get him to dance with me one way or another.

As time flew by, between the dancing, drinking, and celebrating, it soon approached the midnight hour. Some people were leaving, some still drinking, but I found myself against the wall, connected to Jonathan's lips, his rough hands playing at the hem of my shirt.

"Wanna get out of here?" I questioned with a small smile playing at my lips.

Jonathan took my hand, rushing out the door before saying anything to anyone. We ended up going back to my place where Adam had already been with some of the team, just as we rushed through the door. I closed the door behind me as Jonathan pushed me against the nearby with a force in which I knew the others had heard. His lips slowly bit the base of my neck, causing me to let out a soft moan. I jumped up to wrap my legs around his waist as he held up against the wall.

"You do know there are other people in this house, right?" I heard Adam from the side of me to which we both jumped to see him, Sharpie, Versteeg, and Kaner all staring at us.

"You always know how to ruin a moment, don't you?" I glared seeing Jonathan blush out the corner of my eye.

"Well you are by the front door," Adam countered.

"God," I rolled my eyes as I took Jonathan's hand to lead him to my bedroom.

"Use protectiion!" I heard Sharpie shout, slamming the door behind me.

I looked at Jonathan with a half smirk, he looked embarassed but I still wrapped my arms around him.

"Now where were we?"