The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Miss You

Gina kept her distance from me for most my shift. She had something she wanted to tell me but if she didn't say anything in the next hour, then I wasn't going to push it. Not to mention, I was half nervous about this dance audition. I mean was I that good of a dancer? Sure, I took dance classes and everything at college but going out on a tour at this level?

The chime rung above the door again but this time it was just Burko coming in for his night shift. Not that it would be anyone I was thinking about in the first place. I mean all my mind was on was Jonathan and he was half a country away from me right now.

I checked my phone but there were no calls, no messages, nothing. I was beginning to get worried. Did something happen to him? Was there some other girl? My mind raced just as my phone decided to vibrate on the counter.

Made it to LA. Sorry for the delay. So much press

I smiled as I sent him an "ok", setting my phone down quickly, while skimming through the latest issue of AP now.

I miss you. What's been going on?

I sighed looking at the phone, sorta annoyed with texting at work for some reason today but still.

A lot. I'm at work now, so I'll tell you when you get back

I half waited for him to text me back but he didn't. I hope he wasn't mad now. That'd be just like us. Totally miss each other, yet still get on each other's nerves.I was about to leave for my audition when Gina stopped me.

"Hey Blaze," She looked up at me, causing me to turn to look at her.

"What?" My voice thick with anger or something of that nature.

"Um, sorry about the other night," She looked down at her hands.

"You believe me now?" I raised an eyebrow, hoping she hadn't seen that bad side of him.

"No," She shook her head quickly, "Chris is still a great guy."

"Gina," I let out a groan, "Don't start."

"I don't want to," she stopped me before I could walk away, "I was just-" She stopped to correct herself, "we were just wondering if you and Jonathan would like to come over for dinner tomorrow night?"

"Jonathan's not coming back til tomorrow and he needs rest," I looked at her to see her face drop.

"Oh, well maybe you still could?" Gina shrugged.

"I'll think about it, ok?" I gave into her sad pathetic looks, "But right now, I'm going to be late."

I hurried off before Gina could ask where I was going. I didn't have to tell her everything, it's not like she needed to know. I headed to the dance studio I was given to the address to and took a deep breath. It was now or never.

Inside the studio, I was introduced to Jordan, the one who called, and then of all people to have a unprofessional dancer, dance in front of, Christina Aguilera. I didn't even have time to throw anything together so it was basically a lot of street/hip hop dance stuff and the things that I was taught in dance class from jazz and flamenco.

Once the audition was over, 45 minutes later, they thanked me and told me I'd hear back from them by tomorrow. Then like that, I was back at Adam's apartment, crashing into my bed, but not before watching the episode of Jay Leno.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday evening. 5 pm, to be exact.

Jonathan's plane was coming home but I wasn't going to greet him like he was probably hoping. Instead, I had finished finding what I needed from the store to make this amazing dinner tomorrow night at my place for him. He'd be surprised when he came back since I knew he wasn't expecting it.

Then Gina's and Chris's dinner was in an hour which for some odd reason, I told Gina I'd go to. Not that I wanted to since I had this uneasy feeling about going there but Gina was my friend and I wasn't going to let her down.

I didn't bother dressing up, just jeans and Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champions shirt. I didn't care if it rubbed it in to Chris, he should know anyway. I quickly threw my hair up in a ponytail then found myself heading to my car then to Gina's apartment on the other side of town.

My nervous hands, reached to knock for the door, to which Gina opened it to pull me into a huge.

"I'm so glad you're here," She smiled at me, "Come on, sit, there's something I've got to tell you."

"Gina, you're excited," I smirked at her, watching as she pulled me into the apartment practically jumping out of her skin.

"Blaze, I'm just so happy," She smiled stopping as I looked at her.

"I get that."

"Guess what?" Gina bounced in place.

"You've found someone other than Chris?" I shrugged just as Chris walked into the room to wrap his arms around her.

"Now why would she do that?" Chris questioned with a smirk playing at his lips.

"Because you're an idiot," I glared at back at him.

"No," Gina rolled her eyes at me, giving me that look to don't do anything stupid, "Chris gave me a key to his new place in New Jersey and he's got a key to my place."

"That's," I started looking at the both of them, "Great. But don't you think you're rushing into things Gina?"

"I know it's all so soon but I'm going with what my heart has to say," She smiled as I nodded.

"Well good luck, to the both of you."

Soon after, Gina had dinner which was just ordered in pizza since she wasn't a good cook in the first place. I half settled into the situation with her, mainly since she was my friend and I never felt threatened by her but the way Chris kept looking at me, it made me feel uneasy. Soon after dinner, we were all on her balcony, Chris and Gina drinking but I had to drive home and after last time I drunk out in public, I didn't want to do it alone again.

"So," Gina started, "Are you stoked for 30 Seconds to Mars coming in this Friday?"

"I guess," I shrugged, "I'm not thrilled about the crazy people who you know will be mixed in with fans but I'm more stoked about Jonathan coming in today."

"You haven't seen him yet?" Gina questioned.

"I'm letting him rest," I smiled at her lightly just as he phone started to ring.

"I'll be right back," She moved out of Chris's arms to go in the apartment, leaving me alone with Chris.

"Don't you dare hurt her," I glared at him from my distance, "I swear if you hurt her, I'll hurt you."

"Me?" He smirked at me, moving closer to me, "I'm the innocent one."

"Don't," I threatened, "don't you dare get any closer."

"Someone's paranoid," He chuckled to move closer to me, "Just as long as you don't ruin this for me."

"You have a heart?" I half snickered at him then felt him reach out for my air, feeling his fingers dig deep into my flesh, "Let me go."

"I'm serious," He mentioned too close to me as I shook out of his grasp.

"I heard you," I glared at him, nothing but hatred in my eyes.

"You know, Gina is so much better than you in bed," He smirked again to which I wanted to hit but I didn't want to sink to his level.

"Fuck you," I spat just as Gina came back but I didn't want to be here anymore. "Gina," I looked at her with a sigh, "sorry to leave so early but I've got to get up early in the mornnig." So it was a lie, big fleshy deal.

"Oh, well," she looked half stunned, "I'll see you Friday then, right?"

"Yeah," I smiled lightly at her to head out of her door than back to the house.

Chris's comment made me feel like shit, I wasn't going to lie. I don't know what I did to ever make him like that to me but I hated it anymore. I also hated the fact that I couldn't escape him, no matter what I tried to do.

I headed home, to just lock myself in my room the rest of the night, I didn't want to be bothered by anyone. To add things to that, I hadn't heard from Christina which almost broke my heart but I guess I shouldn't of kept my hopes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Adam!" I whined as he still had been in the kitchen, terrorizing the crap out of me, "Please, just go out with Sharpie or something."

"Why?" Adam smirked while I worked on finishing dinner for Jonathan tonight.

"Because this is mine and Jonathan's dinner," I shot back, flicking a piece of hair back while working on dessert.

"But you never cook for me," He pouted.

"I didn't think you wanted me to," I countered just as my cell phone rung, "Don't you answer that!"

"Hello?" Adam smirked picking up my phone to answer it, "Yes, she is. She's a bit busy at the moment, may I ask who it is?" Adam paused to become totally serious, his eyes directed towards me as he handed me my phone then whispered, "It's Christina."

Quickly I wiped off my hands, careful not to get any chocolate on my phone from the brownie I was working on.

"Hello?" I questioned waiting for the voice on the other side to answer.

"Who was that that answered your phone?" I heard Christina's voice giggle as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, just my roommate, Adam Burish," I stuck my tongue out at him to have him stick his back.

"Well, anyways, why I called," I could imagine her shaking her head to continue, "Are you still interested in going on tour with me?"

"Um, yeah," I rushed out but realized that sounded sorta rude, "Sorry, I mean, of course. Why?"

"Well, after discussing it with Jordan the other night, I came to the conclusion that I want you to join my crew."

"Really?" I questioned, my voice almost cracking.

"Yes," I could hear her giggle again, "We're starting tour in August, so I'll have the choregrapher come over to Chicago to teach you the routines in July and then we'll start rehearsals on stage a week before."

"Sounds great," I smiled which was starting to grow bigger at the moment, "I look forward to it."

"I do too. I'll talk to you later Blaze."

"Thank you so much," I smiled hanging up my phone, stopping to let it all sink in.

"So?" Adam questioned looking at me, "What'd she want?"

"I'm going on tour with Christina Aguilera!" I jumped up and down for a second to see Adam laugh at me, "Ok, ok. Calm."

"I'm so proud of you," Adam hugged me tightly, us having a mini celebration for a bit before I pushed him off me lightly.

"Thanks but dude, Jonathan's going to be here in like half an hour, get your ass out of here."

"Demanding," He smirked picking up an apple, "Don't make too much of a mess tonight."

"Shut up," I half glared and blushed.

I had everything done as soon as Adam left. That meant the entire house was left to me and Jonathan which is what I wanted. I heard the knock on the door, to which I jumped then sprung to answer it. Standing there with a bouquet of red roses was Jonthan.

"Hey," I smiled to wrap my arms around him and kiss him quickly, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," He smiled then I let him into the house to take the flowers, "It smells nice."

"I know I've been cooking all day," I smirked walking to the kitchen to put the flowers in a vase just as Jonthan followed me.

"Thanks," He ran a hand across the back of his neck while looking at me leant against the island.

"I'm just so happy that you're back.," I smiled at him again.

"Me too."

"So let's eat," I took his hand to lead him to the table in which he trailed behind me slowly.

Jonathan sat down at the table as I was about to get glasses for champagne but his hand caught mine and pulled me into his lab. His hand ran through a piece of hair that had fallen, licking his lips before kissing me quickly.

"Our food's going to get cold," I whispered looking into his deep eyes.

"I'm not hungry for it yet," He mentioned, sending a shiver done my spine.

"But there's so much I want to tell you about," I half pouted.

"You still can," He half smiled as I went to speak but my almost words were cut off by his lips pressing against mine.

The kiss started to get heated, when I felt Jonathan move me off his lap and push the plates and everything off the table to the floor. He sat me on the edge of the table, taking off my shirt just in the same instance, then placing kisses along my belly button. I clawed at his shirt, waiting for him to get the hint that I didn't want it there. In a matter of seconds, our dinner that I was planning on having with him had now changed into something more lust filled, but I wasn't stopping it.

Jonathan started to undo the button of my jeans as I lifted my hips to help him move them off as his kisses came to my neck. I felt him start to stroke me softly, me letting out a whimper since I hated the teasing he was doing. Slowly I felt the cool rush of the air around us, just as his fingers soon slipped down my underwear to start their motion as well. I bit my lip, his eyes looking at mine, waiting to watch me let out a sigh but if he was going to keep this up, I was going to hold off. I felt him push one finger into me, slowly starting to move it then he pushed another one in, my moan not being able to be held back this time.

Just as he was about to put the third finger in, I swore I heard the front door jiggle as it was going to open but my mind told me it was my imagination.

"Yeah, Sharpie, I left it in here," I heard Adam mentioned as my heart stopped.

There was no way this was happening right now.