The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Ice Crew

It was the 19th of June now, two days since I came back home to Chicago with Jonathan. Everything was tense with the upcoming draft and salary cap thing lately. It wasn't just with me, it was eith everyone since we were all wondering what was going to happen to the team.

But Jonathan and I have been on each other's last nerve since yesterday. I don't know why but he was just annoying the crap out of me yet I still had him over at mine and Adam's place for the time being. Currently, he was sitting on the couch with Adam and Sharpie watching some dumb movie, just as I was finishing clothes and getting ready to head back to the dance studio to work on the routines for Christina again.

"Jonathan," I started twisting up my hair, "are you taking me to the studio or am I driving myself?"

"I've got something to do later so I can't pick you up," He mentioned as I rolled my eyes at him.

"I didn't ask you if you were picking me up," I snapped sending a glare to the back of his head, "I asked if you were taking me. I have no problem driving myself."

"Kids," Sharpie looked at the two us, "relax, it's just a car ride."

"Through town," Jonathan rolled his eyes.

"Yeah because United Center is so damned convienant."

"You weren't complaining earlier," Jonathan glared at me.

"Maybe it's because you're fucking lazy!" I snapped louder at him which I knew was pissing him off but I couldn't stop myself.

"I'm lazy?" He questioned in a serious tone, "You don't do half of what I do."

"That was low," Adam warned just as my mouth dropped open.

"Oh, so just because I'm not a hockey player, I don't have any thing to worry about?" I moved to the front of the couch, just as Adam and Sharpie sensed something bad was about to go down so they took their cue to leave.

"You work at a record store. How stressful can that be?" He looked at me seriously.

"Fine, Mr. Hot-shot," I glared at him, "We'll switch places. You take my damned place at Empire and balance working on this dance oppurtunity and then talk to me."

"Gladly," He kept his gaze at me which I wanted to smack but just shook my head at.

"You're such a dick."

"Why because I told you the truth?" He questioned clearly not letting this go yet.

"God, you're being an ass!" I let out a sigh, "You think just because I'm not a captain on a Stanley Cup winning team that I don't understand stress or anything. I think you're ego's getting the best of you."

"My ego?" He raised an eyebrow to my head nodding. "Aren't you the one who dated Chris Pronger?"

"He's got nothing to do with us!" I snapped at him, "I'm not with him anymore."

"You don't think I know you compare everything I do to him?"

"I don't!" I yelled practically in his face to which he snickered.

"Yeah right! You stand there saying these things but I know you are."

"Paranoid much?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Maybe I should be? I mean he's still dating Gina and that makes him part of your life yet. Maybe I should be worried you're still sleeping with him."

"Are you calling me a whore?" I felt the rage in my blood boil and my heart break.

"No, of course not," His voice dripped with sarcasm, "Not the girl with two other guy's names tattooed to her shoulder."

"Fuck you," I flipped him off then went to walk away but he wasn't done.

"Yeah, just walk away like you always do!" He shouted at me which caused me to stop. "Run to Adam and Sharp and tell them I'm being mean."

I stormed back to him, hands balled in fists, "I don't need them! I don't need anyone to take care of me!"

"Sure," He shrugged to which I don't know why but my anger got the best of me and I found myself throwing a punch at the left side of Jonathan's face.

I realized it once his face turned, then my hand went to my mouth. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry-"

"Whatever," Jonathan shrugged past me which made me feel even worse.

"Jonathan wait," I went to get him but the door slammed shut.

I hated myself for what I did, I felt horrible. I couldn't help it though, it just happened. My heart broke from his words, from what I did, everything. I didn't know how Chris could do that to me and feel ok about it. It made me sick.

I walked into the kitchen to see Adam and Patrick both give me a look.

"Everything ok?" Adam asked, I shook my head feeling the tears finally escape.

"No," I sniffled a bit.

"What happened?" Adam asked quietly, allowing me to sit my hand on the island to see some bruising forming.

"I didn't mean to do it," I snilffled as Adam looked at my fingers, "It just happened."

"What'd you do babe?" Adam questioned lightly examining my hand.

"You punched him, didn't you?" Patrick questioned as I nodded.

"I didn't mean to. It's just he brought Chris up, accused me of being a cheater and then saying I had no idea what he was going through. I just, I just, I wanted him to shut up."

"Aww, babe," Adam and Sharpie hugged me quickly, "It'll be ok."

"No, I dont' think it will be," I wiped my eyes, "You didn't see the look on his face before he walked out the door."

"You never know," Adam shrugged, just as I pulled away from the two of them.

"I've got to go," I pushed back some of my hair, "I've got rehearsals tonight and I can't be late."

"You going to be ok?" Patrick asked.

"No, but what other choice do I have?" I shrugged as I picked my already packed bag to head to the dance studio.

I was working on the routine alone tonight. It was just me and the mirrors in the dance space. It was hard to do since it felt like my reflection was mocking me, making me seem like a horrible person. Something that I wasn't a monster.

To make matters worse, I couldn't hit any of my moves, any of the postions, all my lines were off, it aggrivated me. Just as I started the music for the millionth time in the same spot, a girl stopped in the doorway. I noticed her watching me as I stopped to catch my breath and get a drink of water.

"Can I help you?" I questioned the blond, skinnier than me girl, a tad sharply which I didn't mean to but I've had a bad day.

"You're amazing," She smiled at me, "Have you ever had dance experience before?"

"No," I shook my head at her, "Well, dance classes at college but never trained before that. It was just an escape for me."

"You're dating Jonathan Toews, aren't you?" She questioned as I gave her a look.

"Do I know you?"

"I'm sorry," She smiled then walked over to me with an outstretched hand, "I'm Talia. I'm one of the Ice Crew members."

"Blaze," I shook her hand, "No offense of anything but I always thought you guys were stuck up or something-"

"Slutty?" She smirked.

"I didn't want to be rude."

"We get that a lot," She shook her head, "But we're the total opposites of what media tries to make us be."

"Hey, you don't have to tell me twice," I smiled at her, "I was a Coyote."

"As in Coyote Ugly?" She questioned now interested and I walked back in the room.

"Yeah, so it's not professional dance experience either," I smirked setting down my water, "I'm surprised you didn't hear about it. Chris Pronger told the entire nation."

"Chris Pronger's an ass," She rolled her eyes watching me go stretch.

"I'm glad people see it my way now," I stretched out as she looked at me.

"So how come you're here?" She shook her head, "I mean, not to sound rude or anything but I was just wondering."

"It's ok," I smiled at her, "I'm actually rehearsing for an upcoming Christina tour."

"Wow, that's cool and congrats."

"Thank you," I smiled lightly but it soon faded, "actually I'm really here to get away from it all. Jonathan and I are fighting."

"It can't be too bad," She sat down with me, "I mean, from what I seen the two of you were perfect."

"It is," I grimaced a bit, finding myself open up to her for some reason, "I sorta punched him."

"You?" Her mouth dropped open, "Punched Jonathan Toews?"

"I didn't mean to," I cleared my throat, "I'm not like that, I swear."

"Well it had to be pretty serious."

"It was, and stupid and I don't know," I shook my head going to stand just as she watched me, "I probably should get home though."

"You're in no state to be alone tonight," She smiled at me, standing herself.

"Adam's at home," I grabbed my bag, "And Sharpie might be there."

"You don't need the company of guys right now," Talia smiled at me, "Come on, I'm told I make a pretty amazing margarita."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I questioned with a smile wanting to know the answer.

"Because," She took my free hand, "You need a friend and I always wanted to talk to you but you intimidated me. And you can't have too many friends right?"

"Well no," I thought for a second.

"Who knows, maybe I can help you with your Tazer problem?" She smiled dragging me out the door, "I think we'll get along just fine."