The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

The First Blow

"Chris," I walked towards him, "Why are you here?"

"Can't I come visit my girlfriend?" He smiled as I glared at him.

"I kicked you out. I'm not yours anymore."

"As I recall, I do own half this apartment," He watched me as I bit my lip since I knew he was right.

"What part of "I hate you" don't you understand?"

"You don't hate me," He smirked as he walked closer towards me while I took a step back, "Blaze, come on."

"Don't touch me," I glared at him as I felt the tension grow, "I swear to god, don't you dare touch me."

"Blaze," He reached for my hand, "You know I love you."

"Shut up," I hissed as my pulse raced as he pushed me into the side of the wall that I was standing next to, "You cheated on me in this very apartment."

I could feel him move his lips closer to mine as I turned my head only to have them now on my neck which he started kissing. I tried to move but he had me pinned pretty well considering the size difference between the two of us.

"Chris, don't do this," I whispered as I felt his free hand he didn't have me pinned with move under my shirt, "Chris, please."

"I love hearing you beg," He mumbled as I knew where this was about to lead but I wasn't going to allow it.

"I said no!" I shoved him off to see a startled look on his face while I moved away from him.

I went to walk farther away, head to my room or something but his fingers caught the edge of my elbow, stopping me in my tracks as he spun me around to look at him. There was something different in his eyes, something that I hadn't seen since our last fight when I kicked him out of here, it was rage filled with lust. I smacked him, hard, then ran towards the bedroom where I almost slammed the door on his face but he put a foot in the door which kept it open.

"I'm not finished with you," He glared at me as I tried to stand my ground but knew my fear was taking over.

"I'm finished with you," I spat while backing into my room which was a bad idea but my feet lead the way.

I watched as he closed the door behind him as I picked up the glass that was next to my bed. I threw it at his head but it missed and shattered against the wall behind him. He advanced towards me just as I tried to slink past him to push me into my dresser hard enough that I knew I was going to have a bruise.

"Such a temper," He warned with a smile playing on his lips, "Did I really deserve that?"

"Yes," My breath was shallow as he turned my face to look at his, "I hate you."

"You do not," He smiled while leaning his face into mine to kiss my lips.

It was hard for me to do anything stuck in this position so I did the only thing, I had an option to do: I bit his lip. He let out a scream of pain as I took that as my cue to run. I could hear him swear behind me but knew he was close enough that I couldn't make it out in time.

"You bitch!" My mind paniced as I stopped in the kitchen, hoping he'd avoid it but I was wrong as he stormed in then walked towards me, "You bit me!"

"I'll do it again too," I spat as walked closer to me when I realized I was unarmed with anything.

That's when I felt it, the first blow to my face, just around my right eye. He never hit me before but now, now I knew what it would've felt like if he did. Hitting me only caused my anger to boil as I punched him in the ribs a few times before he hit me in my mine, sending me to the ground. The wind was knocked out of me as I watched him stand up then kick me once.

"If you don't get your stuff by tomorrow, it's going to be on the streets of Chicago," He hovered over me, "I want you out. Do I make myself clear?"

"Fuck you," I whispered as he gave me one last smirk then walked out of the room to somewhere in the apartment as I got up.

I didn't take anything with me but my phone that was already on me and my keys, even though I never made it back to get my car. But I didn't need those keys as I walked towards Empire at the now 2 am, bloodied and bruised. I didn't care if anyone seen me walking like this or who was walking at this time of night, I just wanted to be away from my apartment, from him.

The sign to Empire Records lit my way as I stumbled to the door, punched in the security code, then unlocked my door to head to the backroom. I found the couch in which I cried for a good hour before I finally fell asleep from exhuastion.

In the morning, I could hear the sounds of Lucas and Burko talking which I knew the store was now open but hoped they'd leave me alone. I felt the armrest sink in by my feet then someone softly shake my foot as I looked at them.

"What?" I croaked out, my voice drained and my eyes puffy, "Lucas?"

"Hey, Burko needs someone to watch his regrister for a bit while he goes on a coffee run."

"Ok, ok," I sighed while getting up when Lucas finally seen the bruises on my face.

"Blaze, are you ok?"

"Fine," I shook my head, "I'll be out there in a few minutes."

I kept an extra make up bag at the store since you never knew what would happen and it was a good thing I did now too. I headed to the bathroom to try to hide the bruise on my eye that was growing as well as the cut on my lip. I did the best I could but you could still the blackness of where I had been hit. I took one last look at myself in the mirror, on the verge of tears again as I headed out to the floor.

I kept my head down from customers unless they needed something but I didn't look directly at them. A few of the newer people were there but I still kept to myself. That was all about to change with the next door ring since the one person who I thought I wouldn't seen, strolled through the door.

"Um, hi," I heard his low voice, "I'm looking for a certain record, do you think you could help me?"

"Over there," I directed him but knew that wasn't the reason he came here.

"Actually, I'm here to talk to Blaze Chasez."

"Blaze isn't here right now," I mumbled still looking at me.

"Aww, come on now," I could hear him try to get me to look up at him.

"Look just leave," I sighed as I brushed hair out of my face which was a bad idea since some of the damage could be seen.

"Blaze," He gasped as my eyes now looked at him, "Oh my god, what happened?"

"I ran into a wall, ok?" I huffed as walked back onto the floor when he reached for my arm, "Ouch!"

"Did he?"

"I have work to do," I shook out of his grasp as he followed me.

"Blaze, did Chris do that?" He whispered as he followed me.

"You're keeping me from my job," I headed to take a quick inventory, "Besides when do you care, right?"

I walked past him again but he kept following me, when Lucas appeared at the doorway of the backroom.

"Blaze, why don't you take the day off?" He asked quietly as I shook my head.

"You need me."

"I've got Burko here and Mark's coming in at 3, we'll be fine."

"I don't-"

"Blaze, go," He whispered softly as I nodded, "Ok. I'll see you later. Have fun at the game."

"Thanks."

I headed to the backroom to clock out only to walk back out to Jonathan in which he looked concerned as he walked me outside.

"Is there a reason you're following me?" I snapped.

"We just never picked up your car last night," He stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, well, thanks," I shrugged.

Jonathan unlocked the door for me before he got in himself and I followed suit. It was silent for the most part as he wanted to talk about what happened me but couldn't find a way to bring it up. We just sat in that silence again as he drove me towards United Center to pick up my car.

"Are you sure, there's nothing you want to talk about today?"

"No, I'm just a klutz," I smiled lightly while opening the door, "I just walked into a door, that's all."

"Did Chris, did he at least get you some ice?" Jonathan asked concern as I felt the tears well up in my eyes but didn't dare look at him, "Blaze? Tell me he wasn't the door."

I kept my eyes locked on the ground, not saying a word to him but I knew my body language gave it all away. I just wanted to tell someone but couldn't find the words to say it or let them see me at my weakest. It was like under his eye, I could just let it all out but I found myself closing off again.

I don't know why but I was. I knew Jonathan didn't mean harm even though he was Captain Bi-polar and I was a pain in his ass, he still had that side that every girl wanted to have in a boyfriend, someone who at least gave a damn.

"I'm moving out," I finally spoke finding the courage for the first time.

"Where?" He questioned as a shrug happend to fall on my shoulders.

"Somewhere around Chicago. It was half his apartment anyway. I need a change."

"You still haven't answered my question," Jonathan crossed me while I walked towards my car, "Did Chris do that to you?"

"You know, I just met you last night. Why are you caring so much about what happens to a girl you just met as well?"

"Call me crazy,"He shrugged while stuffing his hands in his pockets, "but I can't seem to find an answer myself."

"You're a strange captain, you do know that right?" I chuckled to myself as I opened my car door, "You know I could use some help moving if you feel like it?"

"I'll bring Kaner and Burish with me."

"Fine by me," I shrugged, "I just don't want to keep you from getting that rest you need for tonight."

An hour later, I walked through the apartment doors again to find it empty this time. It was still a mess from where things were thrown, fell off the wall, and a dent was in the wall where Chris pushed me into it. I walked through the room with tears in my eyes when I heard a knock at my door. I knew who it was as I let in Jonathan, Patrick, and Adam. They all went abou to start helping me clean up, but not before looking at my face.

I had gone to the kitchen to get something to drink as Jonathan and Patrick still moved some of my things around. Adam walked into the kitchen with me as I leant on the counter, trying to push back all the memories of last night. It wasn't working since I felt tears fall down my cheeks which Adam noticed.

"Blaze, you ok?"

"No." I shoo my head to look at him as he sat down his glass.

"What happened here last night?" He asked quietly as I didn't move, "You know Tazer's worried about you. Hell, I am, and we just met last night. You were so much fun, crazy, challenging Tazer, and now you're super quiet. The rest of the guys are going to notice too."

It got silent as I pulled off my shirt with a wince to show him the damage which I knew he was probably thinking something else at first but then his eyes traveled over the scars. I watched as his shocked expression walked over to me to lightly touch where my pain was inflicted when his eyes met mine.

"Oh my god, Blaze, who did this?" Adam asked as I felt the tears still falling.

"He was never like that before. I knew he had an attitude but he never touched me then last night-" I paused as a lump caught in my throat, "last night he changed."

"Did he-" Adam asked softly.

"No," I shook my head while pulling my shirt back on, "I would've killed him if he raped me."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault," I looked at him and he wrapped his arms around me, "I just hate him and myself. Myself for not calling anyone or having Jonathan stay."

"Ssh," Adam calmed me down, "You're with us now. We won't let him hurt you again."

In the doorway of my kitchen, Kane and Jonathan stood there listening as their faces fell. What really hurt me the most was seeing the pain and anger in Jonathan's eyes, it made me realize that the game tonight on ice could take a different turn which I was worried about. Yet, on the other hand, I wanted nothing more than to be in Jonathan's arms, hoping he'd say it'd be ok.

But it was just a dream, I mean I have him the nickname "Captain Bi-polar" and knew he wasn't too fond of me right now either.