The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Hope It's For Nothing at All

"Seriously Adam, I think before I was totally in dream land, he said "I love you"," I shook my head while sitting back at the island at Adam's place now at noon, "What am I going to do?"

"What do you mean, what are you going to do?" Adam slid a Diet Coke over to me to raise an eyebrow at me, "How does he make you feel?"

"I don't know," I shrugged stopping to think for a second, "He makes me feel like I'm the only one on the face of the planet. He makes me smile, makes me blush, understands me, totally pisses me off, but I-"

"Love him?" Adam smiled at me to which I slumped on the island, "What's so wrong with that?"

"I don't want to break his heart," I mumbled turning my head against the cool counter top, "I don't want to do something reckless and then have him hate me."

"Then think before you do things," Adam shrugged.

"I don't know," I sat up straight, "I just think it's kinda early to say it, don't you?"

"I can't say," He shrugged, "It's not my relationship so I don't know how the two of you feel."

"God, you're supposed to be the one who tells me I'm crazy and it's too early," I groaned looking up at the time, "Crikey, I've only got half an hour until I've got to be at work."

"Band coming in today?" Adam questioned as I nodded.

"Yeah, All American Rejects are finally getting their meet and greet. They've got one tonight and then tomorrow. I'm meeting them today to show them around town and everything beforehand."

"What time will you be home?" Adam questioned.

"10 or so?" I shrugged standing up to stretch, "Why?"

"Because when you get home, I don't care how late it is, we need to talk."

"No," I whined with a pout, "I don't want to hear those words coming from your lips because the draft is so close and you're a free agent."

"Blaze, you can't avoid it forever," Adam gave me a look.

"I know," I sighed still pouting, "but I figured if I avoided it as long as possible, it'd keep my mind off losing my best friend."

"No matter what happens, you won't lose me," He smiled at me.

"But if you're gone, I'll be here and you'll be somewhere else. I don't want you to go," I gave him the sad eyes which I didn't mean to but I couldn't help the tears that wanted to fall.

"Aww, Blaze," Adam pulled me into a hug, "Don't worry about it now, ok? Go to work, have fun with your rockstars and tell Tazer you love him."

"Stop," I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'll see you tonight," Adam laughed just as I headed out the door.

At Empire, there were a million different tasks being done. Mainly getting things secured for the band. One of which was on their way there. Gina was talking on the phone with someone as Burko was setting up plans for tonight and Mark worked on helping customers. I walked in the backroom to see Lucas working on something and the one guy I hadn't seen since this morning sitting on the couch.

"I told him you had a busy day," Lucas shook his head with smile, "But he just wouldn't leave."

"It's fine," I smiled at him, "Give us a second, ok?"

"Don't be too long," Lucas nodded and headed out the door, "The band will be here in like 20 minutes."

I turned to look at Jonathan with a smile on my face, "I thought I told you, I'd see you tonight."

"You did," he stood up with a smile, "but I figured you might want this." Jonathan handed me my phone to which my eyes went wide. "You left it on my night stand. Didn't you realize it was gone?"

"No," I took it from him and put it in my back pocket, "Oh my god, you're the best."

"I know," He shrugged looking awkward, "So All American Rejects?"

"Don't be jealous," I smirked at him, "I'm just showing them around town."

"I'm not jealous."

"Liar," I moved forward towards him.

"What if one of them hits on you?" He looked at me seriously.

"Then they do," I shrugged, wrapping my arms around his waist, "It's just harmless flirting."

"Yeah and then you'll take one of them home," He rolled his eyes at me.

"Stop being paranoid," I kissed his lips lightly, "It's not like I love them like I do you."

"Yeah-" Jonathan started til he realized what I just said when his eyes went wide, "Wait. what'd you just say?"

"I love you," I flashed a huge smile at him to which he went slightly stiff from hearing, "You ok?"

"It's just-" He stammered a bit with a blush, "I-"

"I heard you last night," I smiled at him, "I mean sure you probably thought I was sleeping and now you probably think it's too soon but it's out in the open now."

"I know," He nodded slowly.

"So?" I questioned hoping I didn't make a bad mistake, "I guess I'll see you later."

"Blaze," He sighed feeling my body heat leave his and start to move away, "Wait."

"What?" I choked out for some reason to feel him pull me close to him.

"I love you too," He whispered, running a hand down my cheek slowly, "I know I'm not good at this verbal stuff and I thought if I thought about it a while, maybe it'l change."

"And?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You've still got that same damned affect on me."

"Ha," I smirked at him to kiss him quickly.

"Blaze!" Lucas mentioned from the door, "The band's here."

"I um," I looked away from him quickly, "I'll see you tonight."

"Ok," Jonathan smiled just as I rushed out the door with a huge smile on my face.

I had to tell someone about this. It was an intense feeling, like I was on cloud nine right now. But I had to get to the band, first which was an almost total buzz kill til I seen Jonathan give me a smile before walking out the door. He was still jealous but I didn't care, I liked making him jealous, it was fun.

"Blaze, I believe you know the All American Rejects," Lucas pointed to them as I nodded, "And guys this is your guide and personal assistant to the store if you need anything, Blaze Chasez."

"Hi," I smiled at them, extending my hand to each of them.

"Lucas didn't say how pretty of a girl you were," Tyson took my hand with a smile to kiss it lightly.

"He fails to mention that," I smirked taking my hand back.

"Blaze," Lucas warned.

"Oh Lucas," I rolled my eyes, "Sometimes you can be too serious. So?"

"So, we're all a bit hungry," Tyson smiled at me, "And since we've been to Chicago a million times, why don't we just go someplace low key."

"Sounds good," I smiled as Tyson extended his arm, "Just as long as you guys stay sober to meet your fans at 5."

"You have our word," Tyson smiled then lead me out the door.

I ended up taking them to Benningan's. The one right across from the Art Institute which Tyson said we could walk along the beach line which wasn't really a beach over here. It wasn't really a beach since there was no sand, just a walk way into a pretty deep area of Lake Michigan but I wasn't going to complain.

Lunch was interesting, to say the least. Tyson kept flirting with me but he was friendly and I didn't mind it. I don't know why but I can't stop flirting with someone just because I might've said I love you to someone else. It never meant anything to me to flirt, but then again it could send out the wrong messages.

"So," Tyson started, "Are you free tonight?"

"Actually, I've got to go meet my boyfriend and then I've got to talk to my friend about something important that's happening."

"So you can't go out drinking?" Tyson pouted which I hated disappointing people but I still had to get home.

"I'll make a deal with you," I smiled at him, "You give me, my alone time with the people in my life and I'll go out for drinks with you tomorrow."

"And no hitting on the girl," Chris jumped in, "She's got a boyfriend."

"But flirting with a pretty girl never hurt anyone," Tyson smiled with a wink at me.

"Don't worry," Chris put hand on my shoulder, "We'll keep him under control."

"Thanks," I smiled lightly to look down at my phone, "Hey, I've got to get you guys back before Lucas goes crazy."

I got up from the table to take the band back to Empire for their meet and greet. It was then, that I snuck off since I don't think they minded. They were totally cool guys who said they really didn't need an assistant to watch over them. They were friendly too, so it was easy to slip away, even with Lucas watching me. I managed to slip away from the few remaining people at 8:30 to head to Jonathan's apartment since I hadn't seen him since this morning.

Walking up to the door, I knocked on the door to have Jonathan open it, a serious look on his face and he didn't say anything. I knew that body language though, he was jealous. I could see it in his eyes, the way he moved, everything. He did a pretty bad job at hiding the fact that he was jealous.

"Hey Captain Jealous," I smiled following him to the couch to straddle his lap once he sat down, "Stop being jealous."

"I'm not," He pouted.

"Yeah and I won a million dollars," I rolled my eyes to wrap my arms around his neck, "I'm here nw, aren't I?"

"Doesn't make up for the rock stars that were flirting with you," He pouted as I started to kiss his neck.

"Tyson did, didn't he?" I mumbled into his neck, finally finding that spot I wanted on his neck to hear him let out a small gasp.

"You're not being fair," He tried his best to keep his jealous attitude towards me.

"I know," I whispered into his ear to nip at it lightly before going back to his neck and slowly starting to bit him, leaving my mark against his skin.

"You can't just-" He stopped to let out a moan which I smirked at him.

"I can't what?" I locked eyes with him, feeling his chest move up and down, "See, now you forget what you were going to say."

"Get up," He growled out to which I did, not knowing what was going on with him til he picked me up and carried me to his room and threw me onto the bed.

Our clothes started to fall off our bodies, faster than usual. Before long, Jonathan pushed himself into me as hard as he could, nailing me into the bed as hard as possible. I didn't mind it, it was actually really enjoyable, feeling all of him inside me as the bed squeked underneath the two of us. It didn't take long before the two of us both meet each other, my back arching up to his hips and my head falling back, just as I felt him take his release into me.

"Wow," I looked up at Jonathan with a smile, his body still over mine, "I should get you jealous more often."

"Why?" He smirked down at me.

"That was amazing."

"You're crazy," He chuckled lightly.

"Only because I love you.," I smiled up at him.

"Makes me just as easily crazy," He kissed me again.

He moved off me to wrap me in his arms but I still had to go talk to Adam and needed to do that now before he went to bed.

"Hey," I whispered into the dark room, "I'm sorry I'm cutting our alone time short but I need to go talk to Adam."

"Can't it wait til morning?" He questioned.

"He wanted to talk about what happens if he's not in Chicago anymore," I took a bit gulp.

"You going to be ok?" He asked as I turned to look at him.

"Not entirely," I smiled lightly at him, "I'm losing my best friend, I think."

"If you need to spend time with him, let me know, ok?" Jonathan ran a finger across my cheek, "I don't want you to be upset."

"Thank you," I kissed him quickly, "I'll see you later."

I got dressed, then headed back to mine and Adam's place with my heart in two different places. One place was happy at where I was at now, the other was shattering all over the place thinking of my life without Adam in it now. I parked my car next to his to slowly walk through the front door to hear the radio playing quietly in the background. I seen Adam going over some things to which I stopped and watched him.

"Hey," I smiled lightly.

"Hey," He gave me a faint smile to stand up and stop what he was doing, "I know you didn't want to come home to hear this stuff."

"I know," I nodded, "Especially after I told Jonathan I loved him."

"You did?" His eyes lit up brightly, "And?"

"He said it again," I smiled thinking, "It's crazy. Who would've thought I'd fall that hard for someone who gave me that grief."

"It's cute," He smiled at me. "But I talked to Sharpie today. We were talking about if I do leave Chicago and go elsewhere where you would live. I'm leaving that to two options, you can stay here and live here or Sharpie said you could come live with him. He said it would be ok if you did."

"I don't know if I could live here without you," I looked down at the floor, "I'd be too depressed."

"I'd always visit," He hugged me, "You know you can't get rid of me."

"I don't want to." I mumbled into his chest.