The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Let's Get Outta Here

"Can I talk to you alone?" Lucas asked which he only asked if something was super serious and by the look on his face, it was.

"Uh huh," I nodded then lead him outside to the darkening sky that fell around us.

"So?" I shut the door behind me to look at him, "What's up?"

"You know I love you working at Empire and look after you, right?" He started slowly taking a seat in the chair.

"Lucas," I drew out, "What's going on?"

"God, I hate doing this," He mumbled shifting in his seat.

"Are you firing me? Because if you are, I'd like to know why."

"No," He shook his head, "It's just a shift change."

"When you say something like this, it's usually serious."

"Gina requested to work the morning and afternoon shift," He started to which I nodded.

"And? What's your point?" I crossed my arms at him. "I mean she's still pissed about the restraining order but I can be professional about it."

"I know you can. It's Gina who can't," He sighed directing his eyes up towards mine. "She and Chris just finished chewing me out about things I know you've never done to the customers and I don't want to start any drama."

"So?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"So, you're taking the 5 to midnight shift at Empire."

"What?" My mouth dropped open, sure nights were ok before I met Jonathan but now, now it was annoying. "But Jonathan does a lot of things that don't get done til I start my shift then."

"I know and it's only for a while, until Gina moves to New Jersey with Chris and starts work back in New York."

"But nights are the only time I really get to see him," I tried to reason with Lucas, "Isn't there some other way?"

"I tried my best-"

"You did not, you the fucking owner, you could've said no," I glared at him, not meaning to swear at him.

"It's either that or lay you off until she leaves than hire you back on."

"When do I start?" I shook my head not liking the new schedule change.

"Monday. Burko will be there with you."

"I thought you and Joe were turning the store over to me?" I questioned hoping he'd give.

"You are but sometimes things happen."

"Yeah, because you're letting them," I snapped with a harsh glare, "Don't tell me he charmed you too."

"He didn't, it's just-"

"Crikey, you think I made up half of what he did too, don't you?" I looked at him quickly.

"It's just, so much has happened Blaze. It's overwhelming."

"Unbelievable," I tossed my hands up in the air. "I swear, you confess things to people and they use them against you."

"Blaze-"

"Just go," I shook my head, "I'll see you Monday night."

Lucas got up from his spot which I waited til I could hear his car engine start up and leave before I let out a hich pitced scream. It was a scream of frustration that I've been hiding back from everything but needed to let out. Jonathan stood in the doorway to watch me.

"Life sucks huh?" He crossed his arms, giving me a sympathic look.

"You don't have to tell me."

"I sorta evesdropped on what Lucas said."

"Not much privacy, huh?" I smirked with a small chuckle to walk closer to him.

"I figured what he said wasn't going to be good."

"It's annoying more than anything."

"So, why work there?" He questioned while placing his arms around me.

"I need the money," I shrugged, "Not to mention I love working there. It's the whole record company thing, I guess."

"But you haven't been happy there lately. I mean you're schedule's been crazy, I've barely seen you," He listed.

"It'll get easier, please just give it time," I looked into his eyes, pleading with mine.

"Ok," He sighed placing a sweet soft kiss on my lips.

"Is my vampire coming to bed?" I smirked walking back inside to feel his hands trail down my sides.

"I'm actually going home to pack since Talia mentioned I get to steal you for the day."

"And why are you packing?" I leant against the door to look at him, "You do know we've got to be back on the fourth sometime before 3."

"I know," He smiled that sweet innocent smile but had other intentions to it, "I can't tell you all my secrets, can I?"

"Not fair," I pouted at him.

"I'll see you bright and early," He kissed me softly one last time, "Sweet dreams."

"Good night," I smiled watching him walk back out the front door to head home.

Deciding on packing as well, I at least packed clothes for a day and night then headed to the shower before heading to bed. I fell into a peaceful sleep once my head hit the pillows. It seemed to last a while until I felt the edge of my bed sink in and someone slowly shake me awake.

"Blaze," I heard him whisper, "Wake up."

"Hmm?" My eyes fluttered open slowly to see him wearing a hat and looking at me, "What time is it?"

"4 am," He whispered lightly with a smile on his face, "Come on, we need to get going."

"I thought we were just going to the movies?" I stretched a bit.

"Well it'd be fun but the beach in Indiana is so much nicer."

"I didn't pack to swim," I yawned slowly getting up.

"Like there's a problem with watching you try on bikinis?" He questioned which earned him a pillow to be thrown at his head. "Ow!"

"Shut up," I glared at him, "it's too early."

"But you know I love you."

"I'm not so sure I'm too fond of you today," I threw the covers off my body to reveal my tank top and shorts I was wearing.

"No need to change."

"God, get off my bed and out of my room," I found clothes to change into.

"First time you've ever kicked me out," He chuckled.

"It's too damned early," I shook my head to walk to the bathroom and turn on the light to have my head swim a bit.

Catching my balance, I shook my head slightly, trying to shake that feeling that felt like I was going to pass out or puke up everything I ate. My eyes even looked like hell. I was hoping maybe it was just me getting sick and not what Talia had predicted. I swear if it was in the favor of what Talia was gushing about, I'd have to kill someone.

I quickly pulled a hoodie on over my body then found some sunglasses to pull them over my eyes before grabbing my make up bag. Or it could be hay fever My mind questioned that possibility since I hadn't had a fever or anything else but my allergies have been crazy. Not to mention the pollen count had been high and my sinuses were starting to stuff up last night. It was a thought to keep my mind off the one thing I was dreading it could be.