The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Don't Panic

Jonathan finally got me back to the hotel room, carrying me the entire way which was romantic yet sweet all rolled into one. The only time he sat me down was to open the door but then he picked me back to yet again.

"You," He mentioned to me while sitting me on the couch, "Rest. I'll get you some ice."

"Thank you," I smiled at him, propping my foot up on the couch, "Hey Tazer?"

"What?" He asked coming back with a plastic bag filled with ice cubes.

"This will sound totally crazy and you'll probably wondering why I'm asking you now but," I sighed watching him sit on the edge of the table to put my foot in his lap and place the ice on it, "did you by chance, I mean," I stammered at the thought for a second.

"Did I what?" He questioned snapping me back to reality.

"When we had that amazing shower sex, did you, you know. Were you safe?" I looked at him waiting for him to answer which he was about to but stopped to think for a second.

"We always are-" He started but took a quick breath, "No."

"No?" I whispered with a raised eyebrow half scared, half worried now.

"Well you are on birth control right?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"No," I shook my head at him, "The doctors took me off it since it was making me sick."

"Oh," He shifted for a second making this feel awkward.

"Ok, look," I ran a hand through my hair, "We've got a few options. I mean maybe nothing will happen, maybe we'll be fine. And if you're worried about it like I am, we can always go to the drug store and get the Plan B pill. I mean it's there for times like these."

"And what are the other options?" He cleared his throat.

"I'll figure it out when it happens," I looked at him to still fill the tension. "I still love you. This doesn't change anything."

"I love you too," He whispered back causing me to smile again.

"So let's not think about it, ok?" I watched as his smile finally spread across his face. "For now, how am I going to tell everyone what happened when we go back tomorrow?"

"You're just a klutz," Jonathan smirked back towards me, "I don't think they'll question it."

"Oh no, Bur will," I rolled my eyes, "And Sharpie, ever since that whole Chris thing, they question everything."

"Like how unbelievable turned on by you still?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm hurt and all you can think about is sex?" I countered to see him shrug.

"Well we do have the anniversary suite and the whole night ahead of us."

"Gross," I rolled my eyes at him trying to move away but he still had my foot.

"Will you relax?" He chuckled, "I'll take care of you first and foremost."

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

"And if you feel up to it tonight-"

"Don't push your luck Tazer," I glared at him.

"Promise to be gentle."

"And safe?"

"Of course."

"Maybe we should lay low on the sex til I know if I am or not," I bit my lip slowly, "I mean, think about things, see how it plays out."

I heard him groan, "But that bed looks so good right now."

"Nothing's stopping you from cuddling or making out with me," I smirked at him, "Because not kissing would really suck."

"Which does remind me, I'm going to visit my parents back home on Tuesday."

"You just had to bring that up, didn't you?" I gave him a stern look to which he moved to sit next to me.

"You can always ditch work and come with me," He whispered into my ear then started to kiss my neck.

"Um, yeah, no. I need time away from you too, even though I won't totally like it."

"My parents love you, they'd like it if you'd come back," He kept kissing my neck inbetween words which I was melting at.

"Adam time," I shoved him away lightly, "If he leaves me, I need to make the most out of being with him."

"I know," He tried to move back to my neck but I stopped him, "What?"

"Bed," I looked over his shoulder, "There's more room."

"Fine," He let out a sigh before standing up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Hey, injured girlfriend here!"

"You'll get over it."

"Nice ass," I smiled when I felt my body being placed down on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting back home to Burish's place, cars were already starting to line up along the street when we got there at 3. Jonathan carried me into the house, ankle wrapped to which Adam and Sharpie rushed over to me.

"What'd you do to her Toews?" Adam asked setting me on the counter now.

"He helped me," I smiled at him which earned questioned looks, "Oh, but not my ankle. I did that on my own because I'm an idiot."

"Glad you pointed out the obvious," Tazer mumbled but soon got smacked by Adam and Sharpie.

"That was funny," I smiled at him, "but in all seriousness, I was working on some routines, rolled it out, and ta-da, instant injury."

"Nothing serious right?" Sharpie asked to which I shook my head.

"Not that I know of. Just hurts like a bitch."

"Well if it's not feeling better by Wednesday, I'll take you in to the doctor, ok?"

"Ok," I shrugged.

"For now, let's party," Adam smiled helping me off the counter and back into Jonathan's arms.

The 4th of July bash, Adam threw was killer. Practically the whole Stanley Cup winning team was there, their familes were there if they were in town, and a few friends. Then fireworks that we all set off, even though it was mosquito crazy. I was smart and threw on pants an a hoodie to not get eaten alive by the stupid bugs.

By time the party was over, I drug Jonathan back to my bedroom, forgetting about our little scare yesterday and slowly started to shed him of his clothing.

In fact since I wasn't going to see him for a few weeks, that's what happened up until he had to leave for his flight. We'd go out to dinner, see a movie, talk a walk, anything than come back home to get wrapped up in each other.

Which made Tuesday spring up out of nowhere. Granted it was two days but still. Now I found myself in the airport with him before he headed home.

"Call me, ok," I whispered against his lips before kissing him again.

"I will," He ran a hand down my cheek, "I'll be back before you know it."

"You better," I pouted.

"Still, I can always take you with me," He smiled.

"I'm needed here," I smirked at him, "Besides I'm going to get my ankle checked out tomorrow with Talia and Sharpie just to be on the safe side."

"When you find out what's wrong, call me or something?"

"Of course," I smiled to hear his flight beind annouced, "You better go. You don't want to miss your flight."

"I love you," Jonathan smiled before kissing me again, this time with more passion.

"I love you too," I broke away from him, "Now go."

I watched him walk down the terminal before taking one last look at me then heading to his plane. To say, I wasn't heartbroken would be an understatement. I was crushed but I didn't let my tears fall in front of him or anyone until I was back at my car than back at Adam's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday afternoon.

I still missed him. It sucked, big time.

But that's not where my mind was while I sat in the hosptial waiting room for x-rays. Talia sat next to me while Sharpie went to get the paper work to fill out.

"You're so cute, lovestruck," Talia nudged me with a smile.

"Dude, it's not funny. I miss him like crazy. I swear I hate having to watch him go but I do need the time away from him."

"Yeah, so you can hang out with me," She smiled.

"Or Adam," I shrugged seeing Sharpie hand me a clipboard then sit down next to me, "Or Sharpie."

"What?" He shifted his weight in the seat to look at me.

"That we're so going to cause hell now that Tazer's gone."

"Of course," He smiled then looked over at the paper, "They said to fill out everything and turn it back into them."

"Ok," I nodded answering all the questions like which ankle, address, weight, etc.

Then it came to a question that I had to stop and think about, which scared me since I didn't know the answer to it. My heart raced and I think my face went pale since Talia looked over at me.

"What?" Talia asked trying to figure out what had me freaked out.

"It asks when my last period was and," I took a deep breath, "It was supposed to start 6 days ago."

"Maybe your body's changing?" She shrugged, "It happens sometimes. I mean sometimes it does happen."

"Yeah but now they're going to run another test, just so I can get the x-rays," I hushed over to her.

"What's wrong?" Sharpie asked.

"Nothing," I shook my head at him only to have Talia nod her head back to him.

I didn't know it but she was behind me, mouthing "she's late" to which I had this sinking feeling that things were about to get interesting in the hospital now.