The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Early Surprise

"You've got to be kidding me!" I practically shouted into the phone with Adam.

"He told me not to tell you but he's going to be home in like 20 minutes and we all know he's stopping to see you first. Why else would he have me pick him up?"

"Fuck," I groaned looked at the date to see it was onlyl the 23rd, "Why?"

"All so you can tell him my dear," Adam chuckled.

"Ass," I mumbled hanging up the phone to run a hand through my hair.

Yes, I still haven't told him. I know it's wrong but I've been avoiding it. Which is kinda hard to do since I found out I'll be 6 weeks next Saturday. I was just hoping I'd find the courage to bring it up to him during a conversation or dinner or something. But now, now I was pacing the floor of house, half freaked out about him walking through the door.

Just as my mind raced, the front door opened and I heard Adam's voice followed by the sound of Jonathan who I looked "surprised" to see back. He walked up to me to kiss me but being nervous, I found it hard to kiss him back.

"What's wrong?" His eyes searched mine, while I looked down biting my lip.

"We need to talk."

"Blaze," He watched me.

"Adam," I looked over Jonathan's shoulder, "Can you leave us alone for a bit?"

"Of course and good luck," Adam nodded before heading upstairs.

"What does he mean by good luck?" Jonathan questioned to which I took his hand to pull him outside.

Closing the door slowly behind me, I turned to face him. His serious facial expression, made me take a big gulp before I went on to explain myself and our current situation.

"You know how I wasn't feeling good lately?" I questioned looking at Jonathan.

"Yeah?"

"Well, um, I know I should've told you this the first time you asked over the phone but," I took a deep breath, "I'm pregnant."

"What?" His eyes went wide a bit but he shook his head, "Could you please repeat that? I could've sworn I just heard you say, you're pregnant."

"I am, Jon," I looked down at my shoes almost scared to meet his eyes, "I'll be six weeks next Saturday."

"So you mean to tell me, you're pregnant and knew for a while now?" He questioned as I nodded then heard him chuckle, "Oh, I get it. This is you and Adam playing some crazy prank. Well good job, you got me."

"It's no prank," I half glared at him, "It's your baby."

"Great job, Blaze," He smirked at me, "You and Adam really had me scared on that one."

"Fucking hell," I mumbled taking his hand, "I knew you wouldn't believe me at first."

I drug Jonathan back into the house, towards the downstairs bathroom in which I knew I'd have to prove myself since I knew he wasn't going to believe at first. I had him wait outside the door while I took the pregnancy test then opened it while we waited for the results. He was still in disbelief that I was, but sat with me on the edge of the bathtub, waiting for my phone to go off. When the time was finally up, I stood up then looked at the stick sitting on the counter. Sure enough, it still said I was pregnant. Picking up the test, I showed it to him, as his face slowly drained color.

"You're pregnant?" Jonathan asked while I leant against the counter.

"I know I should've told you but I was scared."

"When have you known?" He questioned still looking at the test.

"Since that Wednesday after you left," I looked down.

"So you knew a day after I was gone but you waited almost two weeks to tell me?" His voice started to raise a bit, I knew he was upset.

"I didn't want to tell you over the phone," My eyes locked with his, "and I was scared."

"Is it that hard to just say it?"

"Yes," I nodded quickly, "Yes it is. I mean think about it, I'm 24 and you're still only 22, a pro hockey players. Just won the Stanley Cup and here I am, girl trying to make it in this big world, pulling you back down."

"Is that what you think?" I could see a hint of anger wash across his face, "What part of I love you, don't you understand?"

"Would you've believed me over the phone?" I questioned.

"Maybe, yes," He sighed then gritting his teeth, "I don't know."

"See," I pointed it out, "and you just admitted that you were scared when you thought it was a joke. You're even afraid to be a dad too."

"No, I'm not," He looked away from me but I moved to look into his eyes.

"You are too," I turned his face to mine, "Just like I am to be a mom, but maybe it won't be so bad? Maybe, we'll be the most amazing parents ever? I know you're pissed for me not telling you but I didn't want you to think it's not yours and leave me or something. Hell, I thought if I told you, you'd still leave me."

"I won't leave you," He mumbled looking into my eyes, "Maybe you're right."

"I'm just as scared as you are," I smiled at him, "But we'll both need each other to get through this."

"I'm going to be a dad," Jonathan smiled lightly, placing his hands on my stomach which caused me to smile.

"I guess we should start to tell people?"

"Let's start with our friends first," He chuckled then placed a soft kiss on my lips.

Over the next couple days, the remaining team started to come back to Chicago for the convention, if they weren't already in town. We were planning on telling everyone tomorrow at Adam's house in which it still made me sad since a lot of my stuff was starting to be packed up into boxes to head to Patrick's loft.

Currently, I had Talia and Adam helping me pack some more of my things while Jonathan went off to do some errands he had which was fine since I did need the time to myself more than anything. It was still depressing for me to pack anything up but I couldn't live here without Adam, even if he did keep the house.

"But see, at least you told you now," Talia smiled while helping me move things.

"I guess so," I shrugged sitting a box down, "But now I'm scared about this whole weight gain thing that'll start to happen."

"When you're like 3 months," She snickered at me, "But you're so small, it probably won't make a difference."

"Me? Small? Yeah right," I rolled my eyes at her.

"You are," She smiled, "So have the two of you talked about what you want to have?"

"No," I shrugged, "I'm hoping for a boy. I don't know what Tazer wants and Adam," I looked over at him, "Adam wants us to have twins."

"Twins?" Talia looked at him, "You're kidding right?"

"No, it'd be cute," Adam smirked to nudge me lightly, "They could have a boy and a girl and not have to worry about what they want. Not to mention, Tazer would have some talent off the ice."

"I swear," I rolled my eyes to his smirk.

"Sharpie thinks so too," Adam shrugged, "We're both predicting you'll have the boy first then the girl."

"If I find out I have twins," I started, "First I'll kill Jonathan, and then I'll kill you and Sharpie."

"You will not," Adam placed a kiss on my cheek, "You'll thank me."

"We'll see about that," I grumbled to hear the front door open and Patrick walk in.