The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

JInx

Telling everyone on the team and past members of the team was easy enough, we just still hadn't told the Coach yet but I'm kinda leaving that up to Jonathan since he should or something. Then this morning before Jon headed back to the convention, I had a doctor's appointment and was taking him with me which meant I had to pick him up at his apartment.

"Come on Captain Serious, it's not like your the one the doctor's looking at!" I yelled through his apartment, waiting for his slow ass to move.

"So do you find out what you're having?" The current Patrick Kane asked while looking at me.

"Not til I'm 3 months," I shook my head, "The doctor I talked to yesterday just wanted me to come in to make sure everything was going on. He said something about just doing a quick ultrasound or something like that since I'm practically two months."

"Good luck," He smiled.

"I know right? I guess this way I'll figure out if I'm going to have twins like everyone keeps saying or not."

"Well for your sake, I hope not," He smiled which made me smile since someone finally agreed with me.

"You and me both," I nodded then looked at the time, "Jonathan!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," He walked out of his room to shake his head, "I swear, it's not even mood swings and she's already driving me nuts."

"I did before we even slept together," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"She does have a point," Jonathan took my hand while Patrick walked towards the door.

"I'll see you guys later," Patrick just shook his head at me.

"Well him, not me. I'm heading in for my shift at Empire at 5."

"Fun," He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah so much," I rolled them back then headed to the car.

Once at the doctor's office, he explained everything that would be happening in future visits as well as the one today. Mainly what he was doing was making sure everything was ok with the baby and if we had any questions. Our biggest one was keeping it quiet from the public for now since the media didn't need to know. They'd end up bringing up some stupid story and causing all kinds of drama that we so didn't need right now.

The doctor finished this examination and the ultrasound which was probably one of the weirdest things to have to do. Not to mention, everything just seemed unreal right now. Just meeting Jonathan back in May, being the biggest pain in the ass to him, him being the most bi-polar person ever, falling hard for him, to now. I bet no one seen that coming. Especially everyone I was close to and everything. Hell, I told Paula that I couldn't marry a hockey player, all because of Chris but I guess things change.

"Well everything looks healthy for your babies," The doctor took his gloves off which pulled me back to reality.

"Thank you, doc-" I started when I looked at him, "Did you just say babies?"

"Yes," He smiled at me, "You're having twins."

"Twins?" I half gritted through my teeth to look at Jonthan to see him flash a smile towards me.

"Yes, I'll get your next appointment set up and you can check out." The doctor walked out of the room which I turned to look at him again.

"Twins," I faked a smile at Jonathan who now looked totally scared of me.

"It's not that bad," He smiled hoping it'd help.

"No, I'm still going to kill you, then Adam and Sharpie."

"Blaze, it's not that bad."

"Just shut up," I rolled my eyes.

I drove Jonathan back to his apartment in silence, my mind still going over the words and what was about to happen. I stopped at a light in which he took a deep breath as if he was going to talk when I smacked his shoulder.

"Ow," He laughed rubbing his shoulder.

"You stupid, ego maniac," I went on to smack him again but he wouldn't stop laughing, "Now you're going to walk around with a huge ego because of this and-"

"Blaze," he started during my mid rant.

"But I can't hate you because I love but I hate that and you're stupid-"

"Blaze!" Jonathan smirked at me which got me to stop, "I'll be ok. Trust me on this, ok?"

"You're trading places with me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No, but I'll be there for you as much as possible, ok?"

"I guess," I shrugged stopping in front of his apartment.

"And if I'm not here, you'll have Abby at Patrick's with you," He smiled, "Not to mention Talia will be her for you."

"I guess so."

"Hey," He kissed me quickly, "No more frowns. I'll see you when you get off work, ok?"

"Ok," I nodded to kiss him quickly again.

"I love you."

"Love you too," I smiled to watch him get out of the car.

I quickly drove back home since I still had a while before my shift. Adam was still here but he was leaving within the next couple weeks and most my stuff was already packed, now his was being packed even though he said he'd still be here a while. I walked through the door to find Adam in the kitchen making a sandwich in which I glared at him.

"How was the doctor?" Adam questioned but I kept my glare, "What?"

"I hate you," I glared at him.

"Why? I mean it's not like you're having twins," He shrugged taking a bite of his sandwich but I didn't say anything, to which he now choked on what he was eating. "Wait, no way. Are you having twins?"

"All because you jinxed me," I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Aww, babe," Adam walked over to me to hug me, "I'm sorry."

"It's not totally your fault," I mumbled, "It's not like you got me pregnant."

"No, that would be my ex-captain," He chuckled slightly to break away from me, "You going to be ok?"

"I guess. Not like I can change things now," I shrugged, "Just makes me even more scared about everything."

"You'll be fine," He smiled going back to his sandwhich.

"Yeah, maybe. But now," I looked at the clock, "I've got to get ready for my shift."

"5 right?"

"Yeah, I just hope Chris isn't picking up Gina," I walked towards the stairs, "I swear that distance thing is a bitch when he takes advantage of it."

"It's not like it's against you," Adam reminded me.

"Yeah but he's annoying enough to take one out on me."

"Dick," Adam mumbled.

"You don't have to tell me twice."

Getting to work, I parked my car than walked through the front doors to see Gina getting ready to clock out as I headed to the backroom where Burko was to. I gave him a small wave then clocked in before heading into Lucas's office which was now mine even though Lucas was still here for the time being. I sat my things down to have Burko lean against the door frame.

"Hey boss," He smiled at me.

"God, don't say that," I covered my ears, "It makes me sound so old."

"24 and already thinking you're too old," Burko chuckled to sit in the chair across from me.

"How's Gina?"

"A bitch?" He sighed, "I don't know, it's like she's changed since she's met him."

"So, I'm not the only one who's seen it?"

"No," He shook his head, "I'm hoping it's just mood swings or something."

"Eh," I shrugged.

"So, I talked to AJ-" He started.

"And?" I raised an eyebrow.

"He'll be here tomorrow, well in town," He smiled at me quickly, "I think he's thinking of moving here to work with you."

"That'd be awesome," I smiled at him.

"And tonight since it'll probably be slow again," Burko drew out, "We're so having a ten to midnight punk-alternative time."

"No moshing?"

"None," He smiled.

"Burko, you're the awesomest."

"That's not a word," He taunted heading to the door again.

"It is too," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I'll see you out there," he shook his head with a smile before leaving the backroom.