The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Crash Crash

1 am.

It's funny how quiet the town can seem at that time. Not that it was asleep, don't get me wrong there. There's still plenty of people roaming the streets but now, now it's quieter.

With the humid summer air tonight, it felt good having the windows down. Music playing from the car as I slowly drove down the street towards Jonathan's apartment. I didn't know if he was still up or not since it was past midnight and he was probably catching up on sleep.

Parking my car, I headed to his apartment door, twirling the key that he gave me again for tonight which I was still nervous about using. Taking a deep breath, I quietly unlocked his door to find that it opened quietly. I relocked it for him and then the dead bolt before setting down my jacket, keys, and bag. I slowly slid out of my shoes to be barefoot now as I headed to his bedroom.

His entire apartment was dark, especially his room which I could hear him snore a bit under his covers. I walked over to the edge of the bed, stripped off my shirt then crawled under his sheets.

"Blaze?" I heard him wake up slowly.

"Hey," I smiled lightly at him, "Sorry it's later than midnight. We had to clean, break down, count money twice, and then I did hit some late night traffic."

"It's fine," He let out a tired yawn then wrapped his arms around me. "Are you still going to kill Adam and Sharpie?"

"No," I smiled at him lightly, "I thought about it for a while and there really isn't any point in it. Plus, I've never seen you happier."

"What about you? Are you happy?"

"I am," I smiled thinking to myself a bit, "I'm not going to lie, I was scared half to death when I heard I was having twins but we can get through it. I mean we both got through that hell that I call Chris."

"Does your family come have twins elsewhere?"

"Random question," I smirked at him but nodded, "but I know where you're coming from.
And yes, only it's more a triplets thing on my mom's side. And my dad, I've got one uncle who had twins and then my great grandpa was a twin. Before I left the house at such a young age, I had a younger brother and sister who were twins and last I heard my mom was supposed to have triplets."

"Crazy," His eyes went wide.

"Yeah, tell me about it," I let a smile creep across my face, "But they only had one of me, so there's always that possibility for the future."

"The future?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah you know, when Sharpie and I both get a divorce and we start our own family."

"Wha-" He started as I let out a giggle, "You're a pain in my ass, do you know that?"

"I know," I smiled to rest my head on his shoulder, "but you love."

"So how was your day?" He asked changing the subject.

"Fine," I shrugged, "Nothing too exciting. I'm heading into the dance studio tomorrow though."

"But you're-"

"Pregnant, I know," I rolled my eyes t him, "I'm not handicapped. I mean if I was, then I think you'd have to put sex on hold."

"I just don't want anything to happen to our babies."

"It won't," I looked up at him to place a sweet kiss on his lips, "You're paranoid."

"I'm just new at this thing."

"I'd sure hope so," I smirked at him, "Relax, we've got another 7 or so months to figure out what we're going to do. Not to mention we're bound to make mistakes."

"Ok."

"Hey," I shifted against him, "Do you want your key back? I just sat it with mine since I was tired."

"Keep it," He yawned.

"I don't know," I gave him a lookk.

"Blaze you're having my babies. I'm not asking you to move in with me, I'm just giving you a key to my apartment in case you need anything."

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

"Now get some sleep."

I found the two of us drifted to sleep rather easily, maybe Jonathan more so since he started snoring within two minutes.

In the morning, I got out of bed around 8 to see Jonathan shifted but look at me.

"Where are you going?"

"Dance studio," I smiled at the tired frame that was slowly coming back to reality, "I told you that last night remember?"

"Of course," He nodded, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, "Hey, tonight we're going to dinner."

"Ok," I drew out, "Why?"

"To meet with Coach and my parents."

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow, curiousity getting the best of me.

"Oh and Joe and Lucas."

"Again, why?"

"To tell them about our twins," He smiled brightly.

"Nice, go and make nervous dinner plans without me knowing," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Because I knew you'd be against it."

"So, it can be a secret."

"Yeah right," He sat up with a smirk on his face, "You'll be bigger with twins now."

"Leaving," I mumbled walking towards the door.

"I love you!" He shouted towards the door at me.

"Yeah yeah, I love you too," I shook my head but still kept mumbling about the dinner thing.

I headed to the dance studio to work on routines for a few hours. It felt good to danace, it allowed me to forget just for a second that I was having twins and living a crazy unbelievable life. It was my own little world that kept everyone and everything out.

Just as I took a break, my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number flashing across the screen and debated if I should answer the call or not. Having a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, I slowly opened the phone to see who it was.

"Hello?"

"Is this Blaze Chasez?" The man's voice asked.

"Yes, who is this?"

"Do you know Gina Lamar?" He questioned into the phone, "We had your number listed as an emergancy contact while she stays in Chicago?"

"Yeah, I know, her why?" I questioned thinking it was the cops or something.

"Ms. Chas-"

"Blaze," I corrected him.

"Blaze," he cleared his throat, "Ms. Lamar and her boyfriend, a Mr. Pronger were involved in a head on collusion at 11:03 this morning with a drunk driver."

"Were they drinking?"

"No, it was the other driver."

"Are they are ok?" I questioned feeling my stomach tie up in knots a bit.

"They're both still in surgery," He mentioned while I looked at the clock to see it was 11:23 now, "Is there any way you can be at the hospital?"

"Yeah, of course," I shook back to my reality, "I'll be there in half an hour."

"I'm sorry." He mentioned.

"No, it's um, no, it's fine. Thank you for the call."

I hung up the phone quickly the gather my things to head to the hospital. I know the two of them have caused so much grief but I couldn't let anything happen to them.