The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Loyalty

"Hmm, let's see," I started walking down the street with Talia on one side and Abby on the other, "My friend and ex are in the hospital yet they're still crazy about each other, I'm pregnant with twins, and my boyfriend is hanging out with his ex-girlfriend, yeah such a fun day."

"I think you're overreacting about the Sabrina thing," Talia shrugged, "Tazer loves you, he wouldn't do anything like that."

"Why exactly did his parents bring her?" Abby questioned. "I thought they loved you?"

"I did too," I shrugged sipping on my milkshake. "I seriously don't know."

"You do know Bur and Patrick already made bets about when the two of you are going to get married," Abby laughed as my mouth fell open, "Patrick said before Halloween and Adam's saying before pre-season."

"Way to rush my love life," I mumbled.

"I'm saying Christmas," Abby smiled.

"Or New Years," Talia added.

"You guys are strange, you know that right?" I questioned to which they just laughed and drug me around for a few more hours before heading back to the house.

It was 9 by time Abby and Patrick left me alone in the living room. Even though I sometimes acted like them, I still found myself being grossed out at their couple-ness and newly wed thing. Especially now, it made me bitter sine Jonathan wasn't here or I hadn't heard from him the rest of the day. I sat on the couch, reading some random hockey magazine, finding myself lost in the articles while the TV played in the background. I was waiting for the news to come on, as if that would make me feel better.

My eyes flickered towards the screen for a second during a commerical break when there was a knock at the door. I thought it was my imagination but I heard it again and seeing as no one else was going to answer it, I drug myself off the couch to walk towards the door. I opened it to see Jonathan standing there, a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Aren't you supposed to be spending time with your parents?" I placed my hands on my hips, "Or Sabrina?"

"They're at my apartment," He looked at me which my expression didn't change, "And I've been neglecting time with you the entire day."

"Oh, I didn't notice," I rolled my eyes but let him in anyway.

"Yeah right," He chuckled to himself, "You were jealous."

"Why is she even here?" I turned to look at him, "I mean I thought your parents loved me?"

"They do, it's just she came to visit them before they left and she mentioned something about wanting to find a place in Chicago and see me since she didn't when I was there."

"And why would she want to see you, Jonathan?" I crossed my arms at him.

"Do I look like I know?"

"Did you touch her?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What kind of question is that?" He shifted in his spot, "I mean you let Patrick hug you and Adam and other guys."

"Maybe that's the wrong word," I mumbled to myself, "Did she touch you? Or try to kiss you?"

"Jealous," He smirked sitting on the couch.

"So?" I rolled my eyes at him, "Is there a reason I shouldn't be?"

"Yeah, I love you and not her," He pulled me down onto the couch, "She might try to get back with me but it won't work."

"So you do admit it? She made moves on you?"

"She flirted and I shot her down," He smiled at me.

"So there was a reason your parents brought her here?"

"They didn't think we were that serious," His eyes locked on mine for a second, "but after dinner today, they realized that they were wrong and apologized for bringing her here now."

"Still," I shrugged, "I don't trust her."

"She'll be gone tomorrow morning," Jonathan smiled at me to move closer and hold me in his arms, "What are you reading?"

"Does it matter?" I shrugged.

"Just wondering," He placed a kiss on the temple of my head, "I could draw you a bath."

"I'm not a bath taker," I mumbled flipping through the magazine.

"The shower's open."

"Nope, I'm good," I turned the page of the magazine, not looking at him as he took it out of my hands, "Hey, I was reading that!"

"No you weren't."

"Yes, I was," I reached for it but he moved it away.

"Oh yeah," He looked at me, "What article were you reading?"

"I was reading," I bit my lip to think while still under his gaze when a smile spread across my face, "The one with your dorky smile on it."

"Cute," He flipped through the pages, "I'm not even in this."

"Hmm, my bad," I smirked at him again.

"Are you ever going to stop driving me crazy?"

"Depends?" I shrugged, "Are you always going to be so fun to annoy?"

"Kaner was right, you are a mini Burish."

"I know right?" I smirked at him reaching across his lap to try to get the magazine but he moved away again, "Hey!"

"You weren't reading it."

"Was too," I reached across his lap.

"While you're down there," He smirked with a chuckle playing at his voice which earned him a quick smakc, "Ow!"

"That's for suggesting me to pleasure you," I moved away from him, "especially on Sharp's couch while they're still here."

"Hard to believe this is the same girl who made a sex tape with me not long ago," He smirked earning another smack on his shoulder from me, "Ow! Hey!"

"Will you just shut up?"

"Fine," He smiled moving to wrap his arms around me, "How about we just head to bed? You know, watch a movie under your covers?"

"No phone calls?"

"None," He smiled at me, "Although Kaner's coming in tomorrow since I've got something I've got to do with him."

"Like?" I questioned.

"Something," He stuck his tongue out at me, "We'll be gone for a few hours."

"It's ok," I shrugged, "I'll probably just head into the dance studio for a bit."

"Wanna met up with us for lunch or something?"

"I guess," I stood up to get off the couch, "But I am going to shower. So, wait for me?"

"Of course, I'll find a movie," He smiled while I helped him up.

"And nothing chick flick like," I mentioned, "I swear I hate those movies?"

"So?" He followed me to my bedroom, "Action? Comedy? Horror?"

"Um," I thought letting my hair back down, "Ocean's Thirteen."

"Why?"

"Because it kicks ass and Brad Pitt and Matt Damon are hot," I smirked finally walking through my bedroom door.

"Fine," He sighed while I found some shorts and a tank top to change into.

My shower was quicker than usual, partially because I wanted to get back out and cuddle with Jonathan under my covers. The other part because I so wanted to watch the movie that I had picked out as well.

I quickly got dressed then climbed in next to the half naked boyfriend. He pushed play on the remote then wrapped his arms around me, slowly letting his hands wander to my stomach.

"I still can't believe you're having twins," He mumbled into my hair since my head was on his shoulder.

"I know," I smiled resting my hands on his, "You know, Sabrina's in your apartment alone."

"Your point?"

"Don't be surprised if something ends up missing," I taunted to which I heard him let out a sigh or something.

"Are you going to enjoy my company tonight or not?"

"Chillax, captain bi-polar," I looked up at him, "I like here, right now."

"That's better," He smirked moving me closer to him, keeping his hands resting on my stomach.

"You know you're so going to freak the first time one of them kicks on you," I chuckled to him.

"Will not."

"You probably will," I ran my fingers against his, "Trust me, I will too."

"It better be when I'm home at a home game," He mentioned.

"I'll try," I smiled then fixed my eyes towards the glowing TV in front of me.