The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Missing Objects

"Have you even talked to him in three days?" Patrick asked while I taped up my ankle before heading into the dance studio.

"No," I shook my head, "I needed a break. He was annoying the crap out of me."

"Says the girl who's still having his babies," He taunted.

"God, shut up," I rolled my eyes tossing the roll of tape in the bag.

Yes, it's true. I haven't seen or talked to Jonathan in three days. It wasn't a problem or anything, he just been annoying me and if I didn't get some alone time away from him, it'd probably start another fight. Something that I just didn't want to deal with right now. Fights with him usually ended up with some screaming, then leaving with a slamming door to follow. And swearing, even though he came off as sweet, that boy could swear up a storm when he was pissed. And I knew every damned button to push to piss him off.

"What'd he do with Kaner the other day?" Patrick questioned.

"I don't know. You have his number, call him," I rolled my eyes while walking towards the door, "Seriously, I just needed alone time. It's not like we're broken up or anything. I mean if I want to talk to him, I can."

"If I was him, I'd be a bit peeved you weren't talking to me."

"That's you." I sighed opening the door, "We're not exactly the traditional normal couple."

"I'll say that," Patrick mumbled.

"Tell Abby that I'll be back later tonight," I called just as I headed out the door to the dance studio.

I say later tonight since I was meeting Jonathan at Red Robin at 5 but I didn't feel like explaining that to Patrick. I like him thinking that sometimes I'm pissed at Tazer just because he was placing bets on when we'd get married. I haven't even thought that far ahead but maybe he was seeing something I didn't. Who knew? My main source of aggrivated-ness was coming from the fact that Adam was leaving tomorrow and I didn't want him to. I thought about some how stapling his feet down to the floor of Sharpie's apartment or super glued him so he couldn't leave but I knew that wasn't a valid option. Either way I knew he'd eventually get free and end up leaving to Dallas.

The dance studio was my escape, the only place that the real world didn't bother me. It was there that it tried to in forms of Kaner calling my phone like every 20 minutes or so but I still let it go to voicemail. I mean he probably didn't have anything important to say and now was my alone time.

I finished my time in the dance studio by 3, then headed to Empire to drop off some things since I wasn't working there tonight then changed in the bathroom into a pair of dark jeans and a Toews jersey. Ok, so I woke up wearing it and it was hotter than hell out but it was comfortable and I don't know, I liked wearing it.

The ride to Red Robin was calm for the first time in a while. It could've been the Forever the Sickest Kids I was blaring from the stereo. Yes, they came into the studio and yes I did go on a date with Jonathan Cook but their music was amazing. I'd been a fan for a while and on summer days like this, it always made everything so much better and put me in a better mood.

I seen Tazer's car and parked in the open space that was next to it but he wasn't in his car, which meant he was already inside. My feet shuffled against the hot ground that I could feel radiate off everything. I knew people were looking at me strangely for the way I was dressed since everyone else was in shorts and tank tops but they weren't me.

Jonathan sat at a table by himself staring at his phone when I finally slid into the chair next to him.

"Hey," I smiled at him.

"Are you still on your "I hate Tazer" phase?" He questioned without looking at me.

"I never hated you," I rolled my eyes, "You were just getting on my nerves."

"Like that makes a difference," he leant back in the chair to look at me, "But still, are you mad yet?"

"No," I shook my head, "And hate is the wrong word. You were annoying me, that's all. It's not like I wanted to leave you or anything. Just needed some space."

"For three days?" He raised an eyebrow to which I threw my straw paper as his head.

"Like you didn't enjoy your break from me?"

"That's not the point," He shook his head.

"Ha! You were annoyed to!" I pointed out with a smile as he rolled his eyes at me this time.

"So?"

"So, I so totally won that argument."

"Did not."

"Did too," I stuck my tongue out at him while looking at the menu, "I'm so starved."

"Don't worry about it," He mentioned, "I already ordered a chicken sandwich for you and fried mushrooms."

"You're the best," I smirked at him, "You know me so well."

"Except for your mood swings," He took a sip of his drink to which I shrugged.

"So, since I didn't talk to you after you hung with Kaner, what'd you guys to?" I looked at him with a sly smirk on my face.

"I was hoping it'd wait for later but," he started reaching into his pocket as my heart stopped, hoping it wasn't a ring, "I know you're birthday's not til November 8th but-"

"What?" I watched as he pulled out a long slender box out of his pocket, a silent wave of relief rushed over me.

"Open it," He slid the box over to me as I picked it up.

I opened the thin dark red case to find a sterling silver necklace with a hockey charm and a pair of dancing feet side by side. They were also glittering with diamonds to which my jaw had to drop a little.

"Are those diamonds?" I questioned as he nodded, "Jonathan, you didn't have to-"

"Kaner came in to pick it up with me," He smiled at me, "We talked about a few other things but that's not important right now. Do you like it?"

"I love it," I smiled at him, "It's just-now it makes me feel more like an ass that I didn't talk to you."

"Here," Jonathan stood up from his chair then walked over to me to take the necklace out of the thin box and hook it around my neck, "It fits you."

"Thank you," I kissed him quickly before he walked back to his seat.

"Aren't you hot in that jersey?" He smirked at me, "It's not exactly cold out."

"It's not that bad,"I shrugged.

"You are crazy, you know that, right?"

"Makes you even crazier for wanting to be with me," I smirked when our food came to our table.

We were enjoying our semi-quiet dinner with the exception of a few fans stopping to talk and everything. I wasn't totally bothered by it since they waited til we were finished eating before coming to talk to Jonathan. The only thing that made it semi-quiet was Jonathan's phone ringing or buzzing from calls from Kaner or texts. He was annoyed by them but I hadn't told him that he'd called me like that too. I had the feeling something wasn't right and we should probably see what he wanted.

"Sorry about Kaner calling so much during dinner," Jonathan stood by me by my car.

"It's fine," I shrugged with a smile, "He did the same thing when I was at the dance studio."

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, wonder what he wants."

"Beats me," Jonthan shrugged playing with my fingers, "Are you coming over tonight?"

"Um, I told Patrick to tell Abby I'd be back tonight," I shrugged looking at him, "I think she wanted to dye my hair again before I get too pregnant."

"It's ok," he shrugged, "It's still early, you can still come over for a while."

"I like the sound of that," I smiled at him.

Just as he was about to kiss me, his phone rang to which he took it out to flash the screen to me to show me it was P. Kane again. I rolled my eyes but him answer his phone call. I watched as he wanted to get this phone call over but the color drained from his face, making me now worried. I watched as he got nervous, keeping to himself when he finally hung up the phone but looked at his shoes.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking at him.

"A lot," He sighed but I was still confused.

"You've got to give me more than that," I shot him a look.

"You were kinda of right about something going missing with Sabrina here," Jonathan swallowed hard.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned still not understanding what was going on.

"I'll explain at my place," He walked to his car as I hurried to get in mine, trying to think of what he could be talking about.