The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

One Too Many Drinks

"Will you relax?" I laughed while placing a soft kiss on Jonathan's lips, "It's a girls night out with Talia and Abby. I'm not going to drink and someone's got to keep them in line."

"I still don't like it," He pouted at me.

"I swear," I shook my head with a smirk, "You get way too overprotective sometimes. It's not like we're married."

"Yeah, well," He huffed.

"You look cute all pouty like," I smirked at him which earned an eye roll, "Call up your friends and go out. I won't be mad."

"Be careful, ok?"

"I will," I smiled kissing him again, "I'll be back later."

"Got your phone?" He questioned.

"Yes," I sighed with a smile still playing at my lips, "Charged and I seriously won't lose it."

"Alright," He nodded, "Keys?"

"Yup," I jingled them, "I'll call if I'm crashing at Talia's or something."

"Alright. I love you."

"Love you too," I smiled at him then headed out with the two girls who were smirking at the action between the two of us.

It had been a couple days since I made that list, making it August 11th in which I so needed a night out with friends just to get away from everything. Talia and Abby needed one too, they wanted to get drunk but I couldn't because of being pregnant but that wasn't stopping me from going out and having a good time. Not to mention, it was my last free night before I was headed to the Christina tour. I was leaving on the 13th which meant tomorrow was all about Tazer.

The club Talia took us too was packed with people but somehow she managed to get on the VIP list and up to the VIP where some band was all seated around now. Just as I walked up the stairs, my eyes caught the one person whom made me smile just as I looked into their familiar eyes.

"Blaze?" Jonathan Cook questioned with a smile on his face.

"Hey," I smiled as he hugged me, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Hanging out with a few friends," He shrugged.

"Talia brought me," I pointed to her seeing her already with a drink in hand and flirting with some guy, "Looks like we're probably going to be crashing at a hotel tonight."

"You're drinking?" He questioned.

"No," I shook my head, "I've got reasons as to why not. But I'm technically the designated driver, you know girls night out and everything."

"Fun," He smiled while looking around, "Mind if I join you in the not drinking circle?"

"Of course not," I flashed a smile at him, "You don't drink?"

"Not really but I can make an exception for tonight as well," He smiled leading me over to a couch.

"You don't have to not drink because of me."

"Eh, I wasn't going to really anyways," Jonathan Cook smiled at me while we both sat down, "So have things been since I last seen you?"

"Good," I nodded not going into too much detail, "I'm still with Tazer, even with some of the fighting we've been doing."

"That's good."

"It is," I smiled at him, "What about you?"

"Touring, writing, recording, you know that whole deal."

"Fun," I nodded watching my friends drink and slumping a bit.

"Well you don't look like you're having fun," He smirked over towards me.

"I am," I smiled lightly, "It's just, I don't know."

"Too stuffy?"

"You could say that," I shrugged while he stood up then held out his hand, "Wha-"

"Come on, I promise I don't bite," He smiled as I took his hand then followed him oustide.

We started to catch up about old things, new things, some personal stuff but nothing too personal and just about random things. The night air still was really humid as I walked with him along the street. It was a nice night though, it made me forget about anything that might've been bothering me.

"So you're taking over Empire?" Jonathan Cook asked again while I nodded.

"Mhmm," I walked on the edge of the curb to look up at him since he was taller than me, "It's kinda exciting yet has been super stressful."

"Well congrats."

"Thank you," I smiled at him while we stopped and he put his hands in his pockets.

"So um," He shrugged.

"So?"

Before I knew what happened, I felt his lips connect to mine. I was shocked at first but I found myself giving into the kiss and kissing him back, then feeling his tongue beg for entrance. I don't know why but I let him in, it was like I was testing the waters, seeing if I was meant to be with Tazer. Soon Jonathan pushed me against the light post that wasn't far from me, slowly letting his hands travel under my shirt which I wasn't stopping either. The kiss soon started to heat up, causing him to move down my jawline then he starting biting right behind my ear. I knew it would leave a mark but I couldn't find the will to get him to stop.

It wasn't until my phone rang in my pocket that it brought me back to reality. Jonathan was still leaving his mark along my neck then as I looked down to see a text from Talia to pick her and Abby up at the bar which I really didn't want to head home with them in this state so of course I'd be taking them to a hotel.

I sighed lightly just as Jonathan's lips met mine again in which my mind was now coming to it's senses as well as my heart.

"Stop," I whispered out but he didn't hear me at first, "Jonathan stop."

"What?" He questioned looking at me sincerly.

"I can't do this." I looked at him. "It's an amazing kiss, trust me. I just can't do this to Tazer."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," I smiled at him lightly. "You're an amazing guy and I'm sure amazing in bed but I just can't do this to him."

"I get it," He nodded, "Friends?"

"Yeah," I smiled at him, "speaking of, I have to get mine from the bar."

"Mind if I walk you back?"

"No," I smiled while heading to the bar.

I found Talia and Abby still in the same place I left them, only this time laughing at random things. Sighing, I had Jonathan help me carry them to the car then headed to the hotel.

I got Abby and Talia settled into bed while I couldn't sleep. I knew it was late but still my mind was racing on if I should tell Jonathan about the kiss or not. I mean it's not like I actually crossed that line but did this count as cheating? Making out with a band member on the streets of Chicago? Did anyone see us?

Just as I let out that long sigh, none other than my boyfriend decided to call.

"Hey."

"Hey," I heard his voice echo through the line, "Are you coming back?"

"No, Talia and Abby are both trashed and I didn't feel like driving them all the way back yet."

"It's cool," He chuckled lightly, "So did you have fun?"

"Yeah, you could say that," I let out a sarcastic chuckle into the line.

"How so?"

"It's nothing," I shook my head.

"Blaze, come on, you can tell me anything."

No, I can't because it'll break your heart "Just crazy people," I shrugged, "But it's nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah of course," I smiled into the phone.

"I'm just glad you're mine tomorrow."

"I'm always yours, dork," I giggled while looking at the mirror to see the start of a purple mark on my neck.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course," I nodded letting my smile fade.

"Night."

"Night."

I hung up my phone to look in the mirror again then hang my head.

"I'm royally fucked."