The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Break

In the morning, I got Talia back to her apartment and Abby was pretty much passed out on the couch with a hangover. Me on the other hand, I was quiet, reserved, not like myself and my hair was down.

I wouldn't stop staring a hole in the wall just as Sharpie walked into the kitchen to see me standing there.

"Blaze, are you ok?" He questioned walking to the fridge.

"Yeah."

"You're still in clothes from last night," He pointed out, "Tazer's going to be here in like 15 minutes, aren't you going to change?"

"I don't know," I barely whispered while still staring, "I need to finish packing."

"What's bothering you?"

"Nothing," I shook my head then started to walk towards my room, "Just leave it alone ok?"

"Blaze," I heard Sharpie follow me into my room in which I had a suitcase out and was starting to pack things.

I threw a couple shirts into it, then moved my hair slightly in which I knew had been too much as Patrick walked over to the side of me and tried to move my hair back. I pushed his hand away so he couldn't see the mark, not looking at him, but he still won that battle and got his way. His eyes went wide at the mark while I still kept my eyes on the suitcase.

"Blaze?" He questioned lightly, "What happened?"

"I'm stupid, that's what happened," I rolled my eyes zipping up the suitcase then decided to see if my excuse would work, "I was straightening my hair last night when the iron slipped and burnt my neck."

"You didn't straigthen your hair," Patrick looked at me.

"I did at the hotel, I borrowed one from Abby."

"Abby's straightner was here."

"Talia, then," I sighed pulling the huge bag off the bed.

"Don't lie to me," Patrick crossed his arms over his chest, "Did Tazer do it?"

"No," I shook my head, "I got in a fight."

"Stop it," Patrick let out a sigh, "Tell me the truth."

"Fine," I stopped to look at him with watered eyes, "I met a friend there at the club. I didn't know he was there and we went for a walk, one thing lead to another, which lead to this mark on my neck from him."

"You cheated on Tazer?" Patrick's mouth dropped open.

"No," I shook my head, "I just kissed the guy, it wasn't like-"

"You cheated on him?" Patrick nodded watching me slowly bite my lip.

"I just need to think," I shook my head walking past him, "When he gets here, tell him I'm on the roof."

That was my place to escape, the roof. It had been everywhere, here, Empire, just about anywhere where the building could almost overlook the entire town. Not to mention, I could keep a distance from Jonathan right now.

I was lost in my own thoughts when I heard the door open behind me. Half thinking it was Jonathan, I barely turned my head only to hear another voice.

"You don't like conflict, do you?" I spun around to see Patrick Kane standing there in which I looked at him then back at the city.

"What are you talking about?"

"Something's bothering you," He shrugged joining me against the wall only to look at me instead of the city, "Sharpie said you were just taking a breather but these past few months of knowing you, I know that's not true."

"It's true," I didn't look at him but heard him snicker, "What are you doing here anyway?"

"That's not important," He shook his head. "What's bothering you?"

"It's not important," I looked at him then back down at my fingers.

"Tazer said you went out last night with Abby and Talia, how was that?"

"Fun," I mentioned quickly but feeling that guilt of pain.

"Just fun."

"Yeah," I nodded watching the people below me and not him, no change in voice to at least even try and lie about anything.

"Well something exciting had to happen," Patrick smirked a bit.

"It did," I looked down at the people thinking it would be sweet if I could so just fly away right now.

"Like?"

"I fucking made out with a rock star," I snapped glaring at Patrick with red eyes, "There happy?"

"Wait," He stopped me from walking again but had a quiet tone to his voice, "You cheated on Tazer?"

"No," I shook my head but he raised his eyebrows at me, then the tears came to my eyes, "No, yes, maybe. I don't know."

"Why?"

"I don't know," I sighed as he let me go, "I just, it happened and I couldn't stop it."

"You love Tazer don't you?"

"Yes," I sighed drying a few tears.

"Then, why?"

"God, I don't fucking know, Patrick!" I let out an aggrivated sigh, "I just know I'm royally fucked and there's nothing I can do to stop it."

"As much as I hate what I'm about to say," He sighed while I looked at him, "Maybe you don't have to tell him."

"Yeah, kinda hard not to," I moved my hair a bit to show Patrick the mark on my neck as his eyes went wide.

"Blaze!"

"Might as well live up here," I rolled my eyes then sitting on the ledge.

"No, you need to talk to him."

"No."

"Don't make me drag you," Patrick threatened.

"I'd like to see you try."

"Pregnant with twins right?" Patrick questioned.

"Yeah?" I drew out trying to figure out what he was talking about when he lightly threw me over his shoulder being careful with me. "Patrick!"

"You're talking to him."

I had no choice in the matter since I couldn't move. Patrick carried me back down to Sharpie's condo. He placed me in the living room before moving Patrick out of the room and I stood there in front of Jonathan.

"So, let's go," Jonathan smiled at me, "We've only got today and some of the night but tonight I want to do things with you that aren't excepted in public."

"Jonathan, wait," I sighed while he walked past me.

"What?"

"Um, there's something I need to talk to you about," I shifted in my spot as the smile on his face faded a bit.

"What?"

"It's about last night."

"What about last night?" His smiled faded as I tried to steady myself to tell him what happened.

"You remember Jonathan Cook right?" I questioned seeing his eyes half glare, "Well he was at the club last night. I didn't drink but I went for a walk to talk to him. That's all it was for a while."

"For a while?" His voice half cracked.

"Yes and then I um, we-" I cleared my throat trying to figure out how to break it to him, "We kissed, that's all it was."

"You kissed him?" His voice raised a bit as I bit my bottom lip.

"I'm so sorry," I barely whispered.

"Sorry?" Jonathan questioned.

"I love you."

"Well hey," He shook his head, "Good luck on the Christina tour."

"Wait, Jon," I looked at him to see him walking towars the door, "What about today? And tomorrow?"

"I really don't want to talk to you right now," He spoked quickly reaching for the door knob.

"But-"

"You're gone for a few weeks so I'll see you then."

"You can't be serious."

"No, I am," He glared at me, "I thought you wanted to marry me?"

"I do, it's just-"

"Great way to show it," He scouffed then slammed the door behind him.

Well that didn't go as planned. Not that I had a plan on telling him. This was bad and I didn't know if I'd make it through.