The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

New Apartment

The next day, I called off from work at Empire again since I just didn't want to deal with anyone, mainly customers and I had to move in with Adam and Sharpy now. There was actually a sigh of relief as I turned my apartment key over to the landlord downstairs once I had everything in the U-Haul and was headed to my new place.

My body still hurt like hell though, all the bruises finally showing themselves as I did my best to keep them covered even though it was hot out and I opted to wear a hoodie to the ones on my arms.

The move in didn't take as long since we just moved in most of my stuff like dressars, clothes, boxes of my things, and my things that I bought that weren't furniture. In all honesty, I couldn't find it in myself to take them because they reminded me too much of him and I wanted to forget about him as much as I could.

Right now, I sat on Adam's couch in his living room, just going over some paper work from Empire that I've been meaning to do for Lucas as the other two went to get lunch and a key to their place as well. It was nice being in an area where I didn't have to worry about that new risk of the ex coming in to shove me around or having to see reminders of how he made me weak.

My stomach growled just as I heard the front door key turn and the sound of the two voices walking into the room.

"Hey," Sharpy smiled at me, "Sorry it took so long for lunch."

"It's fine," I shrugged while looking at them, "you guys got that slow ass key person didn't you?"

"How'd you know?" Sharpy smirked while setting the food down in front of me.

"I had the same type of person getting keys made for Empire," I rolled my eyes to find my salad they got me and my birthday cake milksahke, "It drives you up the wall but fighting about it won't solve anything."

"Yeah, I know," He let out an airy laugh as Adam walked over to me to dangle a key in front of my face.

"Ta-da," He smiled as my hands took the key, "Now you offically live with the two most coolest hockey players ever."

"Wow, me?" I looked "shocked" at the two fo them while pretending to tear up, "It's the happiest day of my life."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm awesome," Adam gloated while taking a seat next to me. "But what was up with you and Jonathan last night? You seemed to disappear for a while."

"We were just talking," I blushed remembering the fact that Adam walked in to ruin the moment.

"It looked like he was going to kiss you," Adam teased with a smile as I shoved him lightly.

"Moment wrecker." I mumbled as I didn't look at him.

"Oh, so you were about to kiss him?" He raised an eyebrow as Patrick looked at me.

"Captain Serious and Queen Sarcasm k-i-s-s-" Patrick started as I glared at him.

"Dude, I will so hurt you."

"I-n-g," He smirked at I tackled him on the couch in which there was a knock at the door that Adam went to answer.

"Sharp, I'm going to kill you!" I screeched while I tried to pin someone half my size down.

"Whoa, what'd we miss?" I heard a voice as my head snapped up a bit until Patrick pinned me into the couch.

"Speak of the devil," Adam smiled as I elbowed Patrick lightly and got out from underneath him.

Standing in the room now was Kane, Versteeg, and of course Captain Bi-polar, I mean Jonathan. My smile lit up as I seen him even though I didn't want the rest of them to know. I straighened myself up as the guys took to watching something on TV while I went to get some Gatorade since I was now thristy. I thought I was alone in my thoughts when I heard a voice next to me.

"Looks like you're getting along with your two new roommates." Jonathan nodded at me as I shrugged, finishing the sip that was in my mouth before starting to speak again.

"Oddly enough, yeah. I mean even after meeting them just the other day," I smiled thinking about it, "Especially since Adam's seen so much lately."

"What did happen last night?" He questioned as I got silent, "I mean you two were gone for a while."

"It's difficult," I thought for a second as I bit my lip.

"Was it Chris?" He asked lowly as I nodded. "What'd he do?"

"I can't tell you," I looked at him.

"Why?"

"Just not here," I sighed while looking at him as he looked at everyone.

"Come with me," He took my hand as I felt butterflies, "The patio's not occupied right now."

I didn't object as Jonathan lead me out to the small patio of the apartment that overlooked the street which was still busy this afternoon. It had to be though, I mean it wasn't like traffic slowed down just because. It was actually starting to pick up since the finals were in town for another game before heading to Philly. One that I was so not looking forward to but that was another story completely.

"What happened with Chris last night?" Jonathan asked breaking my concentration from my thoughts.

I bit my lip slowly while looking at him. I wanted to tell him but I couldn't find it in myself to actually say what almost happened. It was almost like if I didn't say it then maybe it'd just go away or something. "He was just there, trying to start shit and Adam got there to straight things out, that's all."

"Blaze, that's not the body language of just someone starting shit." He knew all too well but I couldn't tell him, maybe he didn't need to know.

"I'm fine," I smiled at him, "See, only bruises from the other night."

"You're complicated, you know that right?" He sighed while leaning on the balcony railing.

"So I've been told." I smirked while joining him on the same spot, close enough to leave a space. "I'm safe now though. Don't worry about me."

"Are you sure?" He raised an eyebrow as I nodded.

"Perfectly," I smiled, "Burish and Sharp won't let anything happen to me."

"I trust them," He nodded as a smirk spread across my face.

"Even if I do find Sharp extremely hot," I taunted, "I mean I maybe be tempted to just rape him in the middle of the night, but I don't think it'd be rape."

"You wouldn't," He stared at me in disbelief as I shrugged.

"You never know."

Jonathan moved from his spot to pin me into the railing, his face dead serious as the smile wouldn't leave mine. I could feel the heat come off his body as I felt small being this close to him.

"You're going to cause my hair to turn grey before I'm 23."

"I believe you'll do that all by yourself Captain Serious," I smirked as he let out an aggrivated sigh, "Am I annoying you?"

"Yes," He rolled his eyes.

"Then why don't you do something about it?" I challenged as he didn't move away from me, "I dare you."

I waited as the tension was built around us, but it was a threatening tension. I was waiting for him to give me some backhanded compliment or insult me back but I found his lips moving closer to mine, this time it didn't move in slow motion like last time.

His lips brushed against mine lightly as my heart felt like it stopped which I hope he didn't pick up on. It took a few seconds before his reconnected with mine in a simple yet sweet kiss that I found myself pulling him into me, my lips slowly parting to let his tongue slid past mine as we stayed that way for a while.

It was the sound of screeching tires below us that caused me to jump and break away from him with a smile as his eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

"Of course maybe I'll just drool over Sharpie," I smirked in a half whisper as he let out a chuckle when the sliding glass door opened.

"Hey, we're going to get some food," Adam mentioned from the door, "You two game?"

"I'm starved," I smiled as I looked up at Jonathan then slid out of his arms leaving him there a bit speechless.

I'm not so sure this is what Paula meant by meeing the players the other night.