The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Things Happen for a Reason

Jonathan was making dinner tonight. At least that's what he told me. I wasn't sure if I should be scared or worried or what. But he told me to be at his place by 7 which I was planning on doing.

My hands were right now playing with a letter that was sitting on my nighstand from the mail that Patrick had placed there. It was from the dance studio that I've been rehearsing at. My eyes scanned the words again as I bit my lip trying to make up my mind.

They were offering me a job. Nothing like choreographing with Enrique or dancing with Christina but I'd have health benefits, paid time off, everything a full time employee would have. Plus it was a permanent spot at the studio to coach dance. My mind was everywhere, sure I wanted to do this and it'd be less stressful on me in the coming months, but what about Empire. Gina had extended her stay in Chicago a while longer since Chris' apartment wasn't ready for a baby yet. That meant I'd have to work the night shift and I wasn't sure how long I could run on that schedule even though I was a night person.

The only way I could see staying at Empire is if Gina didn't bitch about me being her boss and changed her schedule around. But this, this was big, it was like all my dreams were finally happening, all after I met Jonathan.

I got dressed in something super comfy, sweats and a t-shirt. I didn't care if he was probably dressed up or something, I was just tired from the flight in that I wanted something I could possibly just fall asleep in without being uncomfortable. I slid my flip flops on, grabbed my keys and phone then headed over to Jonathan's.

Approaching the door, I knew I had to tell him about the letter which I knew he was going to be stoked about since I'd still be in town and not doing anything crazy but I didn't want him to influence or make my decision for me. I'd rather just talk about it with him, have him give me some insight on things.

Inside his apartment, the lighting was dim, candles were lit around a table and all the sudden I felt really underdressed. I walked through the door to try to find Jonathan but I didn't notice him until I heard a voice behind me.

"You look beautiful," I spun around to see him dressed normally so, I kinda let out a sigh or relief.

"You know we're both underdressed for a place like this," I smirked at him.

"You like it?" He questioned.

"Yeah," I smiled as he took my hand to lead me to the table, well the table that was in the middle of his living room right now with pillows all around and the food already sitting there.

I sat down on the comfy pillows as he sat across from me, looking so cute right now. Maybe it was the lighting for something.

"So, how was your day?" Jonathan questioned while I shrugged.

"Intersting."

"How so?" He questioned pouring a glass of sparkling cider.

"Well, I got home," I started taking the piece of paper out of my pocket, "to find this from the dance studio I rehearse at."

I handed him the paper which he read in silence, his eyes following the lines then looking back at me.

"That's a great deal," He handed me back the paper.

"I know," I folded the piece of paper back up and put it away, "It's an amazing job offer and it's what I want to do but-"

"But what?" He questioned.

"It's just, I don't want you to be upset," I sighed, "I know I love dancing and choreographing and now touring and I still want to do that but I'm thinking for the future. Plus if I take this job, it'll keep me busy while you're gone."

"Honestly, I'd prefer if you took that job since it would make me less stressed about the twins."

"I just-"

"I know what you want to do but give it time, things will still happen for you," He smiled at me.

"Thank you."

"So are you going to take the job?"

"I guess," I shrugged, "I'll call them in the morning."

We finished eating dinner which was amazing, even if he didn't cook all of it. It was the thought that mattered and the lighting as well as the music that played in the background. Alternative, of course. The one type of music that the two of us could always agree on and it's not like there weren't any alternative love songs, there were plenty to go around. Which is why I loved the mix he had on right now.

Jonathan excused himself for a second to get the dessert he had planned. When he returned he was back with two slices of caramel cheesecake which he knew he could win me over with on anything.

"Wow," I watched as he sat down, "You really went all out tonight, didn't you?"

"I guess," He shrugged.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I smirked at him watching him.

"No," He shifted in his spot looking nervous.

"Are you ok? You look super nervous," I moved a piece of hair out of my eyes.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course," I nodded looking at him.

"And you can't shoot down anything about to say before you think it over."

"Ok..." I drew out giving him a questioning look.

"I know this is all going so fast," Jonathan sighed shifting a bit again, "And we're almost doing things backwards but I really do love you Blaze."

"I loved you too Jonathan," I smiled at him.

"And even though you're the most indecisive person I know," He started slowly taking something out of his pocket, the mood of the room changed.

"Look who's talking Captain Bi-polar," I half whispered feeling a bit nervous about where this was going.

"I thought about it for a long time and I came to the conclusion that I can't live without you or your wit or how much stress you can give me."

"Wow, nice pep talk," I rolled my eyes.

"All our fights, everything, it's made me realize that no matter what I'll always love you."

"What are you trying to say?" I questioned.

"What I'm trying to say is, Blaze Chasez," He started taking out the small box then opening it, "Will you marry me?"

"Wow," I was speechless looking at the ring, "I-"

"We don't have to rush into anything," He added, "You can still live with Sharp until you feel comfortable to move in with me."

"Uh huh," I nodded trying to think and going over my options.

"So, what do you say?" He smiled at me, "Will you marry me?"

"Jonathan, I-" I stared looking into his eyes, feeling my heart beat faster, half not believing myself and what was about to escape my lips, "Yes."

"Yes?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Yes," I nodded with a wide smile to have him slide the ring on my finger.