The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Surprise

"Talia, Talia, Talia," I bounced into her apartment since we were having a girls day well afternoon, "Guess what?"

"What?" She questioned from her bedroom where she was putting on make up.

"Look," I smiled flashing her the ring which she didn't look at first, but then stopped to focus all her attention on the sparkling ring.

"Oh my god, is that?" She looked at my hand then back at me.

"Yes," I smiled and nodded, "He asked me last night during the dinner he cooked."

"Oh my god," She looked shocked at me, "And you said yes?"

"Wow, don't sound too over excited," I rolled my eyes at her.

"I am, it's just a few weeks ago, you weren't even sure if you were going to marry him. Now, now you're having his twins and engaged to him," she smiled at me, "so many girls are going to hate you."

"Like people haven't before," I rolled my eyes to sit on her bed.

"Does anyone else know?"

"Not yet," I shook my head, trying to keep my smile down, "But we're taking things slow, so it won't be that bad."

"Oh my god," Talia pulled me to my feet, "You're engaged!"

After our mini-teen girl episode, we slowly calmed back down as Talia finished her make up before taking me out to do some shopping around the area. We spend the next three hours just walking around, looking at clothes, being idiots, and Talia pulling me into a dress shop which I so didn't want to do. I wasn't a traditional girl and I didn't want a traditional wedding. Nothing fairy tale-like and I didn't even know if I wanted to wear a white dress. I mean if I could get away with wearing a red dress or something, I would. Besides in other countries white's a color for mourning and that was something I so wasn't doing.

After getting a quick bite to eat, Talia drove me back to Patrick's place in which she had some things to take care of so she had to leave. She pretty much just stopped and let me out of the house. Which was fine but I wanted to hang out with my friends instead of thinking of going back to work tomorrow night where things were still awkward with Gina.

Walking up the stairs and finding my key, I heard laughing come from Patrick's door which I wondered who he had over. Probably someone from the team or some other friend. Opening the door, I sat all my bags by the front while Shooter ran up to me to wag his tail.

"Hey boy," I stopped to pet him quickly still making my way to the source of the laughter.

Rounding the corner of the house, Patrick smiled when he seen me then nodded to the person sitting with his back towards me. Watching his head spin around, my heart wanted to burst out of my chest as I seen his smile.

"Adam!" I smiled watching him stand to his feet and I went to hug him tightly. "I missed you so much."

"Me too," He hugged me back which I didn't want to break but had to.

"How long are you here?"

"About a week," He smiled at me, "then I fly back to Dallas. I just had to come see my favorite person in the whole entire world."

"A week?" I smiled, feeling more energized than before.

"Yup."

"Yay!" I hugged him again to hear Patrick and Abby laugh.

"Wow, I see how easily I'm replaced," Abby fake pouted in her spot.

"Aww Abby, you know I love you but," I looked at Adam then back at her, "It's Adam and-"

"You're just so cute seeing him again," Patrick smirked at me.

"Shut up," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"So," Adam shrugged while I went to sit down on the couch and he followed, "How's it feel to be pregnant with twins?"

"Right now?" I shrugged, "Pretty much the same. Nothing's really changed except for the fact that I'm so hungry lately."

"Yeah, that girl can eat for an army," Patrick rolled his eyes.

"Hey, blame your captain," I shot back at him, "He's the one who did this to me."

"Oh, I plan to remind him everyday once season starts."

"Poor Tazer," Adam laughed shaking his head. "That boy gets himself into more sticky situations."

"Maybe because he's got a big head," I twirled the ring around my finger but did it as a second nature. "Literally, he's got a big head."

"Blaze, you're going to give him an early death you know that right?" Adam smiled at me.

"Yes! I'll be a rich widow," I laughed throwing my arms up in a fake celebration.

"Nuh uh, you'll be all depressed if he's gone and I'll have to deal with it."

"You know you love me," I smiled at him.

"Blaze," Abby started.

"What?"

"Is that-" She looked at my hand in which I blushed but moved my hand back, "Are you engaged?"

"Oh," I shook my head, "Um, no, of course not."

"Then what's up with the ring?"

"What ring?"

"This ring," Adam tickled me which I tried to fit off but it wasn't working and he grabbed my left hand to lift it up.

"Well," I started trying to catch my breath.

"Oh my god, he asked you?" Abby's mouth dropped open.

"Yes," My smile broke out wider in which I could see their smiles grow and Abby rushed over to me to hug me.

"And you said yes," She tackled me, "It means you really do love him."

"Yes! Now stop squishing me and my kids," I laughed.

Abby moved back to her spot while Patrick and Adam gave me their congrats. A few minutes later after talking, the doorbell rang in which Patrick got up to answer. Through the door walked Seabs and Duncan which I'm guessing they were all going out somewhere or something which meant it was just going to be me and Abby tonight. And that's all I really wanted was a girls night in, even if Abby probably wanted to talk weddings.
♠ ♠ ♠
So no Tazer in this chapter but he'll be in the next one again