The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

News Media

"So tell me something that I don't already know about you?" Jonathan questioned while I laid in his arms, trying to stay warm against the cool air of the air-conditioner.

"Well," My eyes flickered towards the TV screen than back at him, "My mom before she decided she wanted nothing to do with me, sent me to dance camps every summer and then Joe when he took me in, still did too."

"Wow," Jonathan looked down at me, "Did you hate it?"

"No," I shook my head, "It was actually really really fun."

"What was the best part?"

"Ok, so you'll think I'm totally crazy but I've had lessons and classes with Patrick Swayze since he is a dancer too and Cynthia Rhoads."

"So you're a total Dirty Dancer, dancer?" He smirked with a chuckle on his voice.

"Shut up," I smacked him which he pulled me closer to him.

"It's ok. I still love you."

"Sure you do," I mumbled before falling asleep into his chest soon after since we were up watching movies the rest of the night.

It was finally Wednesday and the day of my next appointment. Jonathan had something to do for the new game he was on the cover of but he promised to meet me at the hospital, either way, Talia took me there.

"So, do you get to find out what you're having yet?" Talia questioned.

"No clue, maybe a due date?" I shrugged biting my lip, "And hopefully that everything is going ok still."

"I'm sure it is," She smiled at me then hugged me. "I mean you're already gaining weight."

"Funny,"I glared at her.

"Seriously, you're stomach is starting to stick out."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

"So what are you going to do when preseason starts?" Talia questioned, "I mean Jon will be gone for a while then regular season will start and I'll be gone with practice and everything too."

"I haven't thought that far enough," I shrugged realizing that time was flying by now, "I guess I'll keep busy with the dance studio for the most part."

"You two will figure something out," She smirked pulling into the hospital parking lot.

After getting examined by the nurse with fever, weight, etc, I finally was taken back to a room in which I was now by myself, half nervous since Jonathan wasn't here yet. My foot tapped nervously against the side of the bed waiting for the doctor. I heard the knock on the door, sat up straight but sighed once I seen Jonathan walk through the doors.

"Finally," I let out with an eyeroll, "It's about time you showed up."

"Sorry, I got caught up at the apartment," He took a seat in a chair next to me.

"Why?" I crossed him.

"Lucas called," He played with his fingers lightly, "He realized he's been an ass about things lately and wanted to know if he could come see you tonight."

"What'd you say?"

"I told him, he could," He shrugged, "I figured you'd want it."

"Lucas and Joe are the closest family I have left," I shrugged not minding that Lucas was coming over but still bugged by the fact that preseason was starting soon.

"What's wrong?" He looked at me.

"It's just, Talia mentioned preseason and regular season," I sighed looking at him, "I mean what are we going to do about it?"

"Hey," he moved closer to touch my cheek, "we'll be fine. I'll be here most the time and when I'm not, Abby will be here and Talia since she doesn't go on away games. And if you need anything ever, you know you can call me, or Coach and he'll get to me, ok?"

"Ok," I nodded feeling his lips press against mine.

"We'll be fine," He smiled, "You and I both know we need the time apart or we'll kill each other."

"Yeah." I snickered when the doctor finally came back in.

Once the appointment was over, Jonathan took me out to lunch while Talia went home. The doctor couldn't tell us what we were having yet but he did let us know that everything was great with our babies. He even noticed the weight gain which aggrivated me since I hated people knowing that I was indeed pregnant.

We were sitting at the table, Jonathan's fingers played with mine across the table as the waitress tried to flirt with him but he ignored her.

"Dude, she's so pissed that you won't flirt back," I smirked as he looked over his shoulder with an eyeroll.

"Which is rude," He scouffed, "I don't mind fans coming up to talk but I'm clearly with you and she can't see that."

"Puck slut," I shrugged, a smirk tugging at my lips, "They don't tend to see those things."

"Still," His fingers ran across mine.

"Are you free the rest of the day?" I questioned.

"I've got something to with Kaner really quick but I'll be home by 4."

"What are you doing with Kaner?" I questioned to which he shook his head.

"I can't tell you everything," He smirked.

"Yet I have to tell you everything?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"It's nothing bad," He chuckled, "Honest you can come with if you want to."

"I'm actually going to head to the studio then if that's ok with you?"

"Of course," He smiled at me, "I'll pick you up."

"Guess I'm staying with you tonight, huh?" I smirked at him.

"If you want," He shrugged, "I sleep better at night when you do."

"So convincing," I smirked as the waitress threw down our bill then stormed off, "You knew she was there didn't you?"

"Maybe," He smirked taking out his credit card to pay.

Jonathan dropped me off at the dance studio where I finished filling out the paperwork to start work there. I was about to get a tour of the studio, as well as job shadow with an instructor for the few hours I was there when something caught my ear. The receptionist in the front lobby of the building was half watching, half listening to some news program or something when the news report caught my ear.

"And in other news, is Jonathan Toews going to be a father? Sources say he is expecting twins with current girlfriend, Blaze Chasez-"

"Oh my god," My mouth dropped in a blank expression as they went on about things which I was so trying to figure out who told.