The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

To Help A Friend

"So is everything in order?" I questioned keeping it quiet since I didn't want Patrick to hear..

"Yup, you have the ice the whole night tomorrow, and the lights are all set up," Talia smiled.

"Sweet," I smiled writing some things down.

"And I have your shirt here, so I'll just drop it off tomorrow morning. Are you going to be at Tazer's or Sharp's?"

"Um, just drop it off with Sharpie and I'll go over there and get it," I thought for a second, "That way Jonathan won't get suspicous about anything."

"You know, you do have a soft side for him."

"Duh," I giggled to hear the front door open again, "Hey, I gotta go. Jon's back with pizzas and hopefully my smoothie."

"I'll talk to you more tomorrow."

I quikly hung up the phone to head back to the living to see Jon walking in as a smile grew across my face. I was so stoked about tomorrow night. I originally planned to take him out to a concert but that was so typical and I wanted something I knew he would like. So, I planned on meeting Jonathan tomorrow night at the United Center, 8 pm to be exact, the lights would be dim on the ice, then a faint blue and purple would blend on it, creating a romantic shadow.

He'd take his skates and skate out onto the ice, unable to find me, I'd make my entrance, then stand in front of him wearing his awesome custome Toews jersey that Talia helped me get. Then it would come down to the words that would leave my mouth. It was going to be me, telling him that I'd fully move in with him in two weeks since it'd probably take that long to get the rest of my stuff.

Other than Talia, Sharpie was the only other person who knew I was planning on moving in with Jonathan, who told me it was a good thing but I always had a place to stay with him, especially with season starting and having someone around with me getting farther along.

"Hey, man," Patrick looked over at Jonathan as I got my smoothie and some pizza, "My sisters want to come in for a week to help on the thing."

"What thing?" I questioned looking between the two of them.

"It's nothing," Jonathan shook his head at me then turned back to Patrick, "It's cool."

"It's just my apartment is being worked on when they come in so they'll need a place to stay and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind."

"No," I mumbled to myself which earned a look from Jonathan.

"Um, yeah it's fine," he shrugged, "I could use the extra female hormones around when the mood swings kick in."

"Looks like they already are," Patrick mumbled.

"I can hear you," I shot him a glare.

"Blaze, sweetheart," Jonathan looked at me, "They won't be here for that long and you know you love the girlie talk."

"It's why I've got Talia and Abby."

"It's just for a week," Jonathan pleaded with me.

"Why?"

"It's well, I can't say right now," He sighed.

"Then I'll just stay with Sharpie and Abby," I shrugged.

"Oh just tell her," Patrick rolled his eyes.

"Blaze, come on," Jonathan moved closer to me, "I'll tell you later, but for now, please just let them stay here and don't be a bitch."

"Ok," I sighed nodding my head to feel his lips kiss mine lightly.

"I love you," He whispered trying to make me feel better.

"Love you too," I mumbled back to finish my smoothie and pizza.

A few hours later, Patrick left and I headed to the hot tub Jonathan had in which I decided to soak in the warm water just to get rid of the achy back I was getting every now and then. The door to the hot tub opened and Jonathan walked in with a smile on his face.

"Hey," He spoke lightly, "Feeling any better?"

"Come here," I smiled at him sitting up in the water more as he walked to the edge of the tub to sit.

"What?"

"Look," I took his hands to place them on my stomach on my rounding stomach which stuck out a lot more than usual and had that bump in the right spot as his smile spread across his face.

"I guess there's no doubting if you are, huh?" He smirked at me.

"Nope," I whispered lightly as his fingers slowly caressed my stomach.

"Scared?" He looked at me.

"A little, I just wish I knew when I was due now."

"Don't worry, they'll tell you," He kissed me lightly.

"Hey tomorrow, I'm heading over to Sharpie's for a bit then running some errands," I looked up at him, "You ok with that?"

"Of course," He smiled at me.

"Good, now leave me alone," I smirked at him.

"Damn," He mumbled standing up.

"I'm sore," I pouted at him, "Tomorrow, I promise I'll make it up to you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Patrick picked up his sisters from the airport while I had been at Sharpie's house, sitting on the couch with Abby just lounging before Talia brought over my shirt.

"I know something you don't know," Abby taunted out of nowhere.

"That you're annoying?" I questioned looking up at her since I was laying on the couch.

"No, it's about why Patrick's sisters are coming in," She smiled at me.

"Abby," Sharpie warned.

"What? She deserves to know," She shrugged.

"Yeah, I deserve to know," I smiled at him.

"You didn't hear it from me," Patrick walked off while I sat up to look at her.

"So?"

"They're starting work on the nursery," She smiled as my mouth dropped open.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah," She nodded her head, "They don't have the cribs or anything yet but they're starting to clear out the room and everything."

"Aww," I smiled at her just as the doorbell rung and Patrick went to get it with Shooter.

"I know but when you find out, act surprised," She smiled at me.

"I will," I smiled at her.

"Sorry, I'm late," I heard Talia walk in the door, "But I kinda ran into someone."

"Who?" I questioned looking over my shoulder to see Talia then a clearly upset Gina standing there with tears in her eyes, "Gina?"

"She was outside Empire," Talia sighed, "I don't know what happened but she wanted to talk to you."

"Gina," I stood up to rush over to her.

"Chris is mad at me," She sniffled.

"Oh my god," I looked at her blotted face, "What happened?"

"We got in a fight," She wiped her eyes.

"Did he hit you?" I questioned.

"No, she shook her head, never."

"Gina."

"He didn't hit me!" She half snapped but wiped her eyes, "We just, we couldn't stop screaming at each other and he kicked me out of the apartment. He thinks I'm cheating on him but I'm not."

"Aww, Gina," I hugged the sobbing girl.

"I need a place to stay," She cried on my shoulder as I looked at Sharpie.

"Come on," I tried to make her calm down, "Let's talk about this."

"I don't want to," She sat on the couch, "I just want him to believe me."

"It'll be ok, Gina," I smiled at her to have Talia and Abby calm her down while I went to grab my keys.

"Where are you going?" Sharpie grabbed my arm lightly in a semi-harsh whisper.

"I'm going to go talk to Chris," I looked at him.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Sharpie, Gina's upset and she really does love him. More than I did, obviously and a good friend would talk to him."

"Yeah," He crossed his arms at me, "But that same man, stabbed you, beat the shit out of you on numerous occasions and you're pregnant now."

"I'll be fine," I smiled at him, "Trust me, the sooner I can get this fixed, the sooner I'll be back and heading out to my awesome date with Tazer."

"Blaze, please don't go," Sharpie begged taking my arm again.

"Relax," I smiled at him, "I'll be fine."

"I just have a bad feeling about this."

"You worry too much, Sharpie," I smiled at him, "I'll be right back."