The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Skate

Patrick watched me leave, knowing he should've went with me, followed, something but he didn't want to piss me off or feel like he didn't trust me. He just didn't trust Chris.

Patrick walked back into the house, to walk past the sobbing girl and the ones trying to comfort her.

"Patrick," Abby looked at him, "What's going on?"

"It's fine," He smiled at her lightly, "Blaze just went to see if she could talk to Chris."

"Alone?" Abby asked lightly.

"She'll be fine," He smiled at her walking into the other room to take out his phone.

It took a few minutes for the person he was trying to call to answer but he knew if he sent someone there, he'd feel better about everything.

"Hello?"

"Seabs," Patrick rushed out, "Hey, you aren't busy are you?"

"Not really, why?"

"I need you to go over to Chris and Gina's apartment, like now."

"Why?" He questioned not understanding.

"Gina came over here, upset about a fight she got in with Chris," Patrick sighed but still rushed it out, "So Blaze, being a good friend and not wanting to see her friend hurt, decided she'd take it upon herself to go talk to Chris."

"Why didn't you go with her?" He questioned.

"She told me to trust her," Sharpie sighed, "And I do, it's just him I don't trust."

"When'd she leave?"

"Like two minutes ago. Just please, go and make sure he doesn't do anything bad to her."

"Ok," He agreed to it, "Did you call Tazer?"

"No. I didn't tell him. I don't want him to worry and do something stupid."

"Alright, I'll call if I need your help."

"Thanks man," Patrick sighed then headed back trying not to appear as nervous.

Me, on the other hand, I made my way up the stairs of my old apartment that they were still living in. It made a bit pissed that they came back here before moving back to Jersey for the season but nonetheless, I brushed that aside while knocking on the door. I heard the locks unlock then the door flew open and I was about to say something but I was pulled into the apartment and the door shut behind me.

"So, she sent you?" I heard Chris spit out with venom as I turned to look at him.

"She's upset, Pronger," I shrugged, "And she's not cheating on you."

"Sure she's not," He rolled his eyes.

"She's not," I glared at him, "God paranoid much

"Don't act like you didn't cheat on me," Chris glared at me.

"I'm not with you, so what does that matter?"

"Oh, so you haven't told your precious Toews about the others have you?"

"What are you talking about?" I shifted looking at him.

"You think I didn't know about you and Bam Margera that night in Philly?" Chris looked at me as I swallowed hard, "You think you're so clever."

"Ok, so it was one person. Gina's not me and I'm not like that anymore," I found the courage to stand up to him again, "Give me a break. It wasn't in our apartment and I never did the things you did to me. I never stabbed you."

"Oh, so you're bringing that up?"

"You know, forget it Chris," I turned to walk away from him, "If you and Gina can't stop being idiots than too damn bad."

"Thank god because we don't need help from a whore," He let out while I stopped to look at him.

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Don't call me that."

"Whore," He pressed which I clenched my fists, "You're nothing but a stupid lying whore."

"You're not worth it," I spat at him, then turned on my heels to leave when I heard him stand up then grab my arm, "Don't touch me."

"You know, you shouln't be so trusting of people," He smirked still holding onto me.

"You know, I'm taking my own risk not following this restraining order but so help me god, I'll find a way for them to come get you."

"You're in my place," He smirked, "You wouldn't win that argument."

It was now that I was totally regretting coming here. I mean I wanted to stand up for Gina the way she used to do for me and Cory when boys got to us. But things changed. We've both changed. She wouldn't listen to me about which guys hurt me and she became that controlled person that I never wanted to be.

Chris took my face in his hands to kiss my lips roughly when I pushed him away from me to feel him backhand me. So he couldn't change towards me? I pushed him away then kneed him as he coupled over in pain.

"Go back to Jersey," I glared at him, "No one wants you here anymore. And take Gina with you."

"You know you shouldn't trust her so easily," He snickered which I looked at him, "She's not the person you used to know anymore."

"I don't care," I opened the door, "I'm done with the both of you."

Walking out the door, I felt my face where I had been smacked as I made my way out of the hall running smack dab into Seabs as I did so.

"Ow," I winced to look up at him, "Sharpie sent you, didn't he?"

"No, I was-"

"Brent," I gave him a look.

"He was worried," Brent looked down at my face, "And I see he had every reason to be."

"It's nothing," I shook out of my glare but he stopped me.

"Tazer can't see you like this," He watched me eyes, "Come on, you could use a friend."

I followed Brent back to his place, then into his apartment where he got me a cup of hot tea even though it was still humid out. It actually made the redness in my face feel better even though a mark was probably going to stay around a while. I knew Brent wanted to know what happened but I didn't want to talk to him about it. There was only one person I wanted to talk to about it but I didn't know how to bring it up to him.

It was strange, I used to go straight to Sharpie and Burish about Chris but now all I wanted to do was run up to Jonathan and fall into his arms.

But that's not where I was now. I just wasn't sure if I could confess to him everything that happened before he walked into my life that didn't include Chris. It wasn't important.

Finally at half an hour before my date with him at the United Center, I was fixing my make up in the dressing room and lacing up the skates. Today's events didn't matter, tonight was supposed to be magicial. Even if at the exact same moment, my world was about to be rocked.

I watched from my spot as Tazer took to the ice, taking in his surroundings when the lights switched and I moved to my spot. Jonathan seen me, a smile spread across his face as he skated over to me.

"So this is your big secret?" He smirked, letting his hands drop down to my hips.

"I thought it was romantic enough to spend it with you," I smiled at him.

"Is that all?"

"No," I shook my head, "I gave this a lot of thought, what I'm about to tell you."

"What?" He swallowed and licked his lips.

"I want to move in with you, completely, no half living here and half with Sharp. I want to wake up and go to bed with you every night. That is if you let me."

"Of course," He kissed my lips with a smile, "I was waiting for you to say those words."

"So shall we?" I jesterd to the ice.

"Of course," He held out his hand and went to skate with me.

Perfect right? Yeah, that's usually when drama decides to make it's stupid appearance.