The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

It Was a Bad Idea

Now that it's September 12th, things have been going pretty well. Sharpie and Jon are back at training camp. Plus know I'm officially moved in with Jonathan which took a while to get used to but I am now. I still went over to Sharpie's like every other day but still, I think he liked me being out of the house. Then the whole team and well basically the rest of the world know about our twins. The ones that I'll be three months along with in two weeks.

Today though, Jonathan was heading out to training camp practice at 10 which I had already been up since it was a rough morning again. So seeing as I couldn't sleep, I ended up going on line on my laptop to talk to Adam for a while and texting Lucas who was in New York. That's where Gina went too, she finally left with Chris which I was happy about.

I watched as Jonathan made some protein smoothie in the kitchen before going back to typing to Adam and hearing the ringtone on my phone.

"Someone's mutli-tasking," Jonathan smirked at me.

"Of course," I sighed, a smile spreading across my lips.

"Are you feeling any better now?"

"Yeah," I nodded, typing away but paying attention to him, "the doctor said it should stop or settle down in a few weeks which I'll be finally be glad to get some sleep."

"Until the kicking starts," He smirked at me.

"Or I have to pee every five minutes," I mentioned.

"Maybe it won't be that bad?"

"Eh," I shrugged going back to my conversation with Burish then looking down at my phone.

Lucas sent me a long text in which he wanted me to check out a local New York sports page that was running some interview with Chris which mentioned my parents. My parents whom disowned me and I hadn't seen them since I first met Chris and they still wanted nothing to do with me. I typed in the address, then scrolled down the page.

"No fucking way," I let out as I knew I had Jon's attention.

"What?" Jonathan looked over at me.

"My parents are praising Chris," My mouth dropped open.

"I didn't think you talked to them?" He walked over to me.

"They disowned me but knowing them, they asked about me, asked personal questions and Chris probably answered them."

"So?" Jonathan shrugged.

"So that means they'll find me and try to get money all while trying to critiize me."

"I'll have your back," He placed a hand on my shoulder as I shrugged.

"Maybe, but then since they'll find these things out, they'll try to start something to end my career."

"Well if they do, we'll just have to set things straight."

"Thanks," I smiled at him.

"No problem," He kissed me quickly, "So what are you going to do while I'm gone?"

"Probably go into the studio and work on some choreography or something."

"Fun" He smiled.

"Eh, not sometimes."

"Well, I'll see you later. I need to get to training camp."

"Have fun and be safe," I turned to look at him.

"I will," He kissed my lips again quickly, "I love you."

"I love you too," I smiled at him as he grabbed his things than headed out the door.

I let out a long breath that I held in while looking at the screen. The thing Jonathan didn't realize about my parents were that they would bring me down, even if I didn't talk to them. They always found a way to do it, no matter what. They were even in the same room when Chris hit me before and my dad said I deserved it. My mom, on the other hand, she kept quiet. She was always the quiet one, never back talking to my dad, always agreeing with him. I knew they agrued sometimes when I was younger and I never seen him hit her but she was always afraid of him now, like if she stepped out of line, it'd be the end.

To make matters worse, the only two people who ever helped me with them were in New York. Joe was like my father figure, he took me in at an early age like I mentioned before and did his damnedest to keep my parents away from me. He did so by getting a restraining on them for me, so this one against Chris wasn't the first one I've filed for. Then Lucas, Lucas well he's that big brother type but everyone already knew that.

I quickly grabbed my dance shoes and dance bag to head to the dance studio to work on some things for my dance class tonight and to get rid of the stress. I actually liked where my dance studio was since it was a bit above the streets and you could see the cars passing below. At least from the room where I taught in

I had spent a few hours in the studio not paying attention to anything when someone walked in to the room while I was dancing. I stopped the music to get a drink and catch my breath when I turned to see Kaner standing there with a smile on his face.

"What are you doing here Kaner?" I questioned drinking more water as he shrugged.

"Jon had me come tell you that he's got a few things to do yet and won't be home til late tonight."

"Oh," I shrugged, "And? I mean you've called or he could've."

"He wanted me to tell you."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

"I was wondering if you were hungry," He mentioned as I wiped the sweat off my face, "I could take you out to lunch or something."

"He told you about my parents didn't he?" I gave him a look.

"Maybe," Patrick shrugged this time.

"I'm fine, seriously," I looked at him, "What's the real reason you're here?"

"I made a promise that I wouldn't say anything," He shifted.

"Kaner," I smiled sweetly moving over to him, "Tell me."

"No," He backed away from me.

"Aww, come on," I smiled at him.

"He's painting the nursery," He rolled his eyes, "He just didn't want you in the room."

"Rushing things a bit, isn't he?" I smirked changing shoes now.

"Maybe, but he wants to get these things done before season starts."

"He doesn't even know what we're having."

"It's Hawks colors," He smirked.

"Of course," I rolled my eyes, "Why wouldn't it be?"

"So lunch?"

"Fine," I nodded, "Can I go home to shower or something first? I'm so gross."

"Uh huh," He nodded, "I'll follow you and then I'll drive to lunch after you get done."

I rushed up to Tazer's apartment which I guess was mine now too but I still thought of it as his, to find Patrick's sisters still sitting around the living room. They decided to stay another week to help paint which was fine since they kept me company when they were over and since they were here that meant Jonathan had just stepped out a second ago.

"You just missed Jonathan," Erica smiled at me.

"I figured," i nodded, "but I'll probably be gone by time he comes back too."

"Where you going?" Jackie asked.

"Your brother's taking me out to lunch."

"Aw, that's so cute," Jessica looked back at the two of us to have Patrick roll his eyes.

"Uh oh, better not make a move on her," Erica smirked.

"The three of you seriously annoy me."

"Well have fun," I shoved him lightly, "I'm going to take a shower."

I headed to the shower which felt good right now. The warm water against my hot skin actually didn't make it uncomfortable. It was probably because I was starting to grow that the warm water and steam felt good right now. I wanted to soak in the water longer but I knew I had to get out of the apartment and get food soon.

Stepping out of the shower, I quickly towel dried my hair for the time being, then stepped into a pair of sweat pants and a DC shoe hoodie. I slid my shoes on then headed back into the living room which to see Patrick and his sisters watching some video that I've filmed following Tazer on hockey games and since I've met him.

"Ready to go?" I nodded at Patrick as he stood up.

"Yeah, I mean how many times can I watch you two play hockey?" He smirked at me.

"Aww, they're so cute," Erica cooed which I rolled my eyes.

"We'll see you guys later," I waved to them while walking out the door with Patrick.

Little did I know, was that those home movies were about to get the two of us in trouble in a little under an hour.