The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Punch Stuff

"Seriously Patrick, do paparazzi follow you everywhere?" I questioned looking over my shoulder at the cameras flashing.

"Sorry," He slumped his shoulders which earned a giggle from me.

"You're just Mr. Popular huh?"

"It's not cool," He grumbled.

"Just as long as they leave us alone," I smiled walking into the resturant with him.

We sat down to order our food while Jonathan kept texting me that I needed to text him or call him as soon as I got done with lunch or as soon as possible. I had no idea what was going on but he sent like a million texts which I finally texted him back which he said it was an important matter but I should eat first.

"Don't you hate when people do that?" Patrick smirked over at me.

"I know right?" I rolled my eyes eating my sandwich while the waitress brought me back my iced tea.

"I'm sure it's nothing bad," He shrugged.

"I hope not."

Finishing lunch, I headed outside with Patrick who held the door open for me before stepping out into the light of the sun. We were joking around, being idiots when a mob of paparazzi, led by TMZ which I only knew since they felt the need to identify themselves, surround us.

"Patrick, are you making moves on your own teammate's girlfriend? Does he know? What does he say about it?"

"It was just lunch as friends," Patrick pushed me through the crowd.

"Blaze, what's it like cheating on your boyfriend? Are you just using him to make your way through the team? Are you in for the money?"

"No," I half glared at them, "Don't you people have nothing better to do?"

"Isn't it true," The guy still pressed, "That you in fact dated Chris Pronger of the Flyers which you now have a restraining order?"

"How do you know about that?" I stopped dead in my tracks to feel my heart stop.

"Are you still sleeping with him? Is that baby in fact Chris's?"

"Oh my god," I gritted through my teeth.

"Just ignore them," Patrick whispered towards me which he tried to get me to move.

"Thank you for your silence, it'll make great headlines."

"Don't you fucking dare," I moved away from Patrick towards the guy, "For one, I have no idea how you know anything about me and Chris to even start anything. Two, people go out to lunch as friends without it meaning anything, and lastly, print anything about me cheating on Tazer or our twins not being his, I will take you down."

"Is that a threat?"

"Yeah to sue you for slander," I glared.

"More about money," He sighed shaking his head when I turned to him with range in my eyes.

Before I knew it or could stop myself, I could my fist connecting with the face to the guy who doubled over in pain, gripping his nose as I shook my fist and Patrick pulled me away from everyone. He got me back in his car, half venting about how I was stupid for punching him but I wasn't listening.

"But it was sweet," Patrick continued mid ramble, "How's your hand?"

"Sore," I looked at the bruises on my knuckles forming.

"You know it's going to be on the news everywhere now, right?"

"I don't care," I made a fist but winced at the pain, "They seriously need to stop."

"Tazer won't be happy."

"So?" I shrugged, "It felt good."

"That was a good punch," Patrick smiled.

"You try being someone's punching bag," I looked out the window, "It changes you."

Patrick got back to Jonathan's apartment which was now silent since the news was now playing on repeat my punch to the face to the stupid TMZ reporter. I knew Jonathan was upset by it, fromo the looks on Patrick's sisters faces but he was lost in thought as I walked up to him.

"I'm so sorry for punching that guy," I rushed out, "It's just all these things-"

"It's fine."

"But-"

"Blaze, you're ok right?"

"Yeah, just my knuckles hurt," I shrugged looking down at them, "You're calm about this all."

"Come here," Jonathan took my head to his bedroom quickly as I followed.

"What's up?" I questioned as he shut the door behind him.

"You know how we made that tape?"

"Yeah," I smirked lightly, "It was fun."

"Patrick's sisters just seen it."

"What?" My mouth dropped open.

"I thought it was a blank tape that we had but it wasn't and it recorded over some filming we did over the summer with road trips and all," He looked down.

"Oh way."

"That's not the worst part."

"What?" My heart stopped waiting for the worst.

"My parents wanted a copy of the tape I had after the Stanley Cup and I, um, well, I sent them the exact same tape."

"Wait," I shook my head, "Are you saying?"

"My parents may just see a whole other side of us that they never wanted to see."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about the filler-ness this time